Why aren't you using the best keyboard layout there is?

Attached: dvorak.png (1200x400, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

patrick-wied.at/projects/heatmap-keyboard/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AZERTY's the best layout, unironically.

fuck off with your meme layouts

Oh you mean Colemak?

That isn't Workman user.

Attached: workman.png (842x300, 47K)

Qwerty best fuck off

Attached: IMG_0247 (Edited).jpg (4032x2055, 1.71M)

What are the advantages of the dvorak layout?

patrick-wied.at/projects/heatmap-keyboard/

TL;DR:
most used letters on home row - less up/down travel
vowels and consonants on separate sides - left/right rhythm, no solos with one hand

Patrician's taste.

Attached: abc keyboard.jpg (1024x768, 70K)

because I am using the programmer Dvorak.

>Colemak
What does colemak offer over Dvorak?
...nothing.
It carries all the disadvantages of QWERTY, where you have to SHIFT your way through coding.

When coding, your most used key in ALL layouts is SHIFT... except ofc in programmer dvorak.
Once someone told me why I use emacs instead of the shitty vim. His biggest concern was the "emacs pinky" problem... yet he used QWERTY when programming... and he didn't realise that he used his pinky more times just by typing code, that I do with coding on emacs.

this

I just keep using the layout for which I've built muscle memory for years and is guaranteed to be pretty much wherever I go (with maybe minor variations).

Very good user

Because I speak three languages and two of them are not english and require special characters.

You can create your own custom keymap. Personally, I'll take symbols over umlauts on first level.

Attached: layout-et[1].png (600x227, 30K)

And why would I write like that if that's not the most used characters in my language or whatever the meme argument is these days for retarded non-traditional layouts just to be contrarian and change something up

IMO it's pretty obvious that when you take shortcuts into account Workman > Colemak > Dvorak. Have there been any improvements in keyboard layouts since Workman?

cringe

But I am

Attached: neo2.png (535x1052, 146K)

unironically not using JCUKEN

>t. plebs

>t. Frog

>i type slow with QWERTY
admit it OP

Just admit that QWERTY is not efficient.

>why aren't you using a meme layout with insignificant and mostly unquantifiable advantages instead of qwerty
Because I've used QWERTY since the early 90's and it doesn't hinder usability or productivity in any way. Why would I waste time unlearning decades worth of muscle memory?

Not french
i was raised using both QWERTY and AZERTY, i liked AZERTY more because it has better symbol placements

Carpalx QGMLWY layout.

It's probably the ideal alternative for people to switch from QWERTY unless they already have an alternative.

Other than that, Worman and Norman are high up there.

Because I type in four languages every day and that layout is shite tier for anything other than English.

It really depends on what you're personally looking for. When it comes to typing extremely fast, Dvorak and QWERTY are probably the way to go, even if both of them aren't exactly optimal in comparison to more modern versions.

When it comes to typing feeling, Colemak probably takes the cake. It's just extremely comfortable to type and overall it has a nice working flow, however, going beyond 100 WPM gets increasingly difficult.

As far as other alternatives are concerned, both Norman and Workman are very comfortable to use, but once you breach a certain speed, you can feel the stress, especially on Workman because of those combined single-hand combinations. The typing generally feels good however on lower speeds (50WPM - 100WPM).

For people who just wish to move away from QWERTY, using one of the Carpalx variations is possibly the optimal way to go, preferably QFMLWY or QGMLWY. In either case, typing feels very relaxing, however, again, reaching speeds beyond 100WPM feels a little tricky. Nonetheless, highly recommended.

Personally, I'll stick with Workman because I really simply enjoy using it even if my speed maxes out around 80-90WPM on average, when on QWERTY I was hitting around 120WPM average speeds at my best. The comfort is worth the minor speed exchange for me personally.

I want to order a mechanical keyboard with both Arab and Western letters on it. Does anyone know a place where I could order such cool keyboard?

>When using an OS that has 0.0001% market share is just not enough.

>tfw using Dvorak on arch with xmonad in Japanese
My computer is completely normie secure

>switch windows layout from qwerty to dvorak in my CCNA class
>the system blocks and won't accept any input
>restarting doesn't fix anything
>tech guys can't or don't fix it and it remains bricked for the rest of the semester
Qwerty sucks, but it's the standard. Learning a new layout doesn't take long, but once you're good at it, you're basically locked out of qwerty keyboards. It's not worth it.

kek

This layout is superior
- | abc | def
ghi | jkl | mno
pqrs | tuv | wxyz

Attached: Screenshot_20180628-093715_Omnichan.jpg (1080x2220, 216K)

COLEMAK is better than dvorak because

1) it's easier to transition to from qwerty because it has more keys in common with qwerty than dvorak does and

2) Colemak facilitates a rolling motion of your hands (ex. "io", "ar", "st",) which is more natural and provides more ergonomic benefit than the alternating hand keystrokes which dvorak facilitates by having vowels on one side and consonants on the other