IT'S OVER, Jow Forums IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED

Attached: Capture.png (760x328, 38K)

>open sores software
Not. Even. Once.

Attached: patron saint of gee.png (985x955, 571K)

We get it

"Such a shame!" - said no sane people

No one use gentoo on Jow Forums

GIMPed

NO!!! This has to be fake!

Nothing new, all code on github was compromised a while ago

Attached: 2018-06-29-082642_1291x234_scrot.png (1291x234, 41K)

Install Linux for negroes.

install linux for niggers

Attached: 2018-06-28 21_39_07-Linux For Negroes ยท GitHub.png (692x234, 33K)

Nobody use Gentoo.

Hahaha, and to think when I warned of such a thing being a possibility, that someone could just hack the relevant repos, include some backdoors and leave, when I said not to trust things blindly just because it's "open source", I got told I'm retarded
Just think about it, pretend it was a more popular distro that gets several hundred downloads a day, or a popular software that gets several thousand downloads a day
Some people would inevitably end up with a backdoor and, unless they check the news, wouldn't even be aware of it
People love to pretend that open source/free software is safe from this shit, but it's not, a trusted developer could just dump some code into the project and chances are it wouldn't even get verified, just merged into the main branch and everyone would end up using a backdoored program for a long time unless it either manifested itself in a way that the user would notice or someone actually read the source code in search for problems (which nobody ever does, as proven by 20 years old bugs popping out in bash to this day).
pic unrelated

Attached: 1529098589435.jpg (720x651, 61K)

I like your paranoia. Do you think this was a "fuck you" to Microsoft?

tl;dr

let's donate to gentoo
somebody haxx0r some youtube streamers paypal button (or some similar shit) and redirect it to gentoo headquarters

It was fixed in a day bacause it's open-source

even better example, imagine it was Tor browser
thousands of people just download the precompiled binaries and probably don't even check the signatures and hashes, they just trust it because "it's for privacy" and "it's open source so it can't contain malware"
it starts with JS globally enabled, just put some code into the start page to check the user's IP, fingerprint the device and send that data to a database each time a user accesses a hidden site, or edit noscript and browser source to not block JS at all, but tell the user that it's blocking it... everyone who downloaded and used the compromised binary gets busted

>open source software gets compromised on monday
>it's fixed on tuesday but everyone who downloaded it before then is still fucked
>no problem

just use LFS. problem solved.

t;dr: open source is not inherently safe and dumb people are at risk for assuming it is

Oh, I understand, thanks.

Why do you care? Use what you want?

>for those relying on the gentoo.org infrastructure or gentoo outside of github, there is no known compromise, including the master gentoo ebuild repository
Oh so it's fucking nothing then. I didn't even know Gentoo had a presence on Github.

>>it's fixed on tuesday but everyone who downloaded it before then is still fucked
This is the most retarded argument. Let me continue that for you
>all software is shit because as soon as it is compromised everyone who is using it is still fucked
There. Who fucking cares that a patch might be out within 24 hours of an exploit becoming common knowledge. It's fucking compromised and the end of the world.
Just fucking abandon all software. There's no way we can prevent it ever being compromised so just fuck it. Throw it all away.

KeK

Attached: 1492874728861.jpg (639x438, 71K)

Ugh why do I keep posting in other threads that die out, anyway here's how I think of it
>Microsoft buys GitHub
>Microsoft hates open source projects
>Microsoft hates Linux even more
>Microsoft is claiming to be extremely "tolerant" (Remember when GitHub switched their logo on Twitter to a rainbow few days after Micro$oft claimed them? (if I recall correctly))
>Weeks later, Gentoo's GitHub repo gets hacked
>Gentoo = Linux distributon
>Nothing much has changed other than blatant racism in the profile
>It is screaming political incorrectness and racism to the point where you'd think it belongs on Jow Forums
>By the looks of it, this would be marked as racist and it would most likely get removed off GitHub

Take a wild fucking guess who's behind this.

Attached: t h o n k.jpg (800x800, 47K)

Open source? More like open to Soros.

:^)

Some idiot who thinks racism equals comedy most likely

I think there might have been a gay event desu, cause bitbucket also had rainbow logo

>unknown individuals able to gain access to the Gentoo repositories on GitHub
>Open source software
>anyone can access / modify
>that's the whole fucking point of open source

install void

yeah but they shouldnt have it masquerading around as the original you fucking mong

butthurt nigger detected

Did they ever find their leader?

Well I guess it could be a conspiracy too, but with people like you around, does it really seem more likely than someone just going "hurrdurr niggers lmao"

>leader
Why are Americans so obsessed with leaders? Do you really need someone to tell you what to do all the time?

muh guns shoot lead

>the company that bought github is extremely close to the government
>they see that the world's most secure OS is on there
>it's linux-based, therefore a threat to the company
>change some things on the backend that makes it look like it was exploited on the frontend
>declare that the world's most """secure""" OS got hacked
>instantly make billions more on their proprietary, extremely unsecure OS
in the event that the above events never took place, we have to remind ourselves that everything is not unhackable, and we need to always assume we're breached.

underrated