Microsoft ui design

>microsoft ui design

Attached: ximg_5b04944408d84.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.5eTL1PRzz4.png (650x402, 26K)

kino

Sets have been removed

what is there to imply?

Looks like the visually impaired layout from Windows 95.

Looks a bit messy, but also looks like what people in here would mangle their already fully functional Linux file managers into when "ricing"

Care to explain why the fuck would anyone use some shitty dark as my soul theme?
I'm an industry professional. I program during my work hours and always use light themes.

Are you some sort of fucking NEET retard who sits in the dark at 4AM ricing your Loonix desktop?

Looks like someone turned on colour inversion.

THAT TOO

>Opt in for insider
>No dark explorer

Attached: images.png (350x420, 15K)

You may not like it, but this is what peak UI design look like.

Don't the pajeets at Microsoft use Powerpoint to design the UI for their products? Someone post that pic.

Bit nicer on the eyes even when your not on the computer at 4 in the morning

OOF

>delayed again
kek
Though hopefully the dark theme for explorer will be released at next iteration.

It don't look good, but why the fuck do you have the ribbon visible? Everyone sane hides that fucking thing most of the time.

Also this can't come soon enough, even macOS has now a fucking complete dark theme. I dislike how Windows 10 looks, but it can be bearable if I'm not looking at white blocks when using its file manager.

Also I'll admit, the icons don't look good on black/dark. Also they need to differentiate between black and dark themes. This shit too black.

Attached: Screenshot_20160329-132238.png (1080x1920, 245K)

how do we get back to sanity?

Attached: win293.jpg (960x2160, 439K)

i have floaters, if i look at something bright they show up. it's hard to work when you're wincing and trying to look away from what you're working on.

Has anyone ever been able to prove that guy was an actual employee?

No, but the pic I was referring to was the one where it showed Powerpoint being used to design the UI.

Windows Vista was the height of aesthetic design for Windows.

Attached: Change-the-Desktop-Background-in-Windows-Vista-Step-1.jpg (728x546, 68K)

i disagree but i do prefer it over win7

Having dodged Vista like the plague that it was I would happily welcome that UI over the current plague.

Just use the Vista theme on 7 and you're good to go.

Just temporary. The initial implementation was really janky.

Attached: 1276008139317.jpg (320x235, 9K)

they just need to steal the colorscheme from Mojave

Attached: Screenshot 2018-06-29 at 11.53.52.png (2288x1370, 510K)

I can accept that. However. if you're using it as an accessibility feature you should certainly not care about appearance.

>gentoo's security

Some time ago, I tore this dudes argument completely apart. I don't have the thread, but the biggest give away is the description of how check in's are handled.

Code commits to win-main are still validated and reviewed. There's an internal tool call code-look that's used whenever a check in is done, and depending on the project it can require as little as 2 approvals, or as many as 100% team approval + manager + senior SDE + build manager.

An improper commit doesn't break anything, except maybe that specific ingestion pipeline.

visual cues still are not clear enough

Can you even use this dark theme

I wouldn't mind switching if there was a way of using it

>implying linux is any better

Yes? What do you think the dude took a screenshot of?

How exacly would one go about doing this

I work in industry too, and I use a dark theme.

Appearance preferences don't really affect productivity.

No, not yet. Wait for fall 2018 iteration.

Oh well. I was willing to use some sort of beta for this shit since 1803 is already a hot mess so might as well, but I won't.

If you turn off the lights it's easier on the eyes. So for night hours it's definitely better unless you use redshift. However, it's inferior to redshift if you leave the lights on. Basically dark themes on desktop are for people living in their basement.
On mobile they're fine while in bed.

It's a strain on the eyes unless the lights are turned off and it's night time.

Windows GUI was always so nice, it felt like the primary purpose was to be as functional as possible, putting aesthetics second. Then Win8 happened which shat all over this idea with its ugly tablet layout, and it continued in 10. What the f happened lads

I use dark themes because my eyes hurt less after using them for ten hours at work.

Oh no, a convenient and exhaustive set of options that you can hide with a click of the mouse or by pressing two keys. Why have you forsaken us, Microsoft?

Wang vista put aesthetics over everything too. Shit can't run with all the 3d glass blur shit.

Microsoft design stuff? Surely they just let their devs do the design, that's the only conceivable explanation for why it's all so fucking terrible.

No design, no testing, just broken unsuitability years after release.

friendship ended with windows
now i'm using mint

yes

I program from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday and I try to use dark themes on everything, white themes are harder on the eyes and I can more easily read dark themes. Most people at my work use dark themes too, light themes are the oddballs.

It's in the current insider build you mongotard.

Relax you basket weaver

There's only one dude at our office using dark themes. He's a junior dev and he unironically uses matrix screensaver and green-on-black consoles. I lowkey feel bad for the guy because he's a lolcow.

If XYPlorer didn't borrow from the system UI and allowed me to customize those last remaining bits of the UI like the scrollbar and columns and menubar and such shit, i wouldn't even have to look at the rest of the Winblows UI anymore.

Attached: 1371073795115.png (489x563, 312K)

Why?

Just kill off File Explorer already. Should have been the first thing they did in 2015.

Friendly reminder you can do this on Windows 7 and lower already even with different colors.

Attached: W7 FTW.png (1251x439, 50K)

What a fucking mess

>that Windows pie chart for disk space
>that tiling wallpaper on Mac OS
>tasteful icons in each OS

Why are 90s aesthetics so superior?

looks bad, nothing to steal here

>is fucking blind
>needs to change colors/font size/whatever to be able to use the computer
>makes everything look like garbage
>bUt wHy DoeS iT hAvE tOo lOoOook LikE sHiT
Off yourself retard.

Dark themes can be beautiful user. I know MS makes it hard to believe for you but they can exist without looking like shit.

Dark themes are rarely beautiful actually. Most people just tolerate the hideous dark themes because the alternative is complete blinding whiteness.

I might be used to them, but GNOME and Adwaida-dark are done pretty as a counterexample.

Android holo was good user

Not really informed on Adwaida-dark but it looks pretty good, albeit one of the lightest dark themes I've seen. Probably why it's so successful, but can't fully tell without experiencing it.

Ok now that I completely disagree with. Well I guess not really as even in blinding white android has been and is still pretty ugly.

I can see how you disagree user, but it was easy on my eyes, saved battery and was comfy. It was way better than blinding white flatdroid

Attached: wg.png (1410x806, 83K)

>github's security
Also, since recent news
>Microsoft's security

Attached: 1500188310000.png (675x827, 43K)