What’s the next big thing after smartphones?

What’s the next big thing after smartphones?

Attached: CA3DEF33-E180-455A-ADBF-CD2838E38F5D.jpg (400x388, 44K)

Implants.

Collapse of western civilization.

pods

Attached: 1530224552249.jpg (1259x518, 109K)

IoT

Smartwatches.
Imagine how could it would be to have a phone on your wrist, it would be so sci-fi.

This will only happen if voice to text becomes usable and not weird to do in public. You just can't type fast enough on a watch.

Your opinion doesn't matter one bit.

Yours matters even less.

refugees and terrorism

Different user here, it's about the same

SmartPepe

this unironically

What else could there be besides some moronic implants or cyborg warriors

Something that will blossom out of smartphones the way smsrtphones are s perfect extension of.social media, and the internet before that, and software Dev before that. So either AI or robots

AR (augmented reality)

It has much more capable tasks outside of muh games.
Expect products to surface in the next 5 years.
Maps, labeled engine diagnostics, identification scouters, in vehicle HUDS, ect ect ect.

> i am a consumerism whore. the post.

I would love to have a heads up display when I am repairing things

GF

If they can create this for us.. well.. I could use a compassionate and understanding intelligent being

Fuck AR, on one hand

would be cool and useful, but I just know it's going to be used to shove ads into every space they possibly can so fuck that.

>Labelled engine diagnostics

Laughable. A big red flashing text box will pop up that says

>ATTENTION USER, ALL WORK ON THIS VEHICLE MUST BE CARRIED OUT BY OUR AUTHORISED TEAM OR YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE INVALIDATED

Unfortunately.. the ads would kill most of the joy

oh boy I fucking hope so

enjoy getting pulled over when checking the time at a redlight

>[…] how could it would be […] it would be […]
Mhm, yes.
You can already buy smartwatches. You're aware of that, right?

Prob when they finally integrate your driver license/s.s card info into your phone and have it "there" for use. No more actual credit cards either. your phone will do it (can do this now). Your phone will be your only device. One day banks (brick/mortar stores) will be a note in history books. Cash will be gone,as will change. Lose/damage the phone and your fucked cause "everything" that you need is on it. Some dude hacks it, your fucked again.

Sexbots, followed by

Attached: sex-doll-2.jpg (800x800, 75K)

resuming space exploration an actual science

skynet

I haven't seen a single advertisement in the last 8 years on any of my electronics. If people weren't borderline retarded, we could have starved ad companies to death long ago.

Me neither.

But I can imagine these things being harder to kill ads on.

Unless you can connect them to your WiFi, but then there's the native YouTube app. You know how hard those ads are to kill normally.

PErsonal Terminals

Attached: meddylusty.png (640x480, 480K)

the UKs already testing digital licenses with the aim for them to be the main method of ID

>would be cool and useful, but I just know it's going to be used to shove ads into every space they possibly can so fuck that.

Just install Gentoo on your AR device user.

holocaust

tablets

designer virus

Attached: 1527791938467.png (1080x1920, 293K)

Attached: 1530240388678.jpg (680x453, 52K)

VR , when mobile phones first came out people thought they were dumb and awful and too expensive and looked stupid holding one.

Podracing

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Mobile phones were actually useful even back then