So this is the power of software developers

So this is the power of software developers...

Attached: softwareeng.png (988x400, 209K)

I don't get this "math is hard and it's irrelevant" meme.

I don't get not just taking a week to brush up on it if you've forgotten it, especially if it's a requirement of something you want to do.

Wtf is graphs of functions don't they mean algebra

Pretty much this. Evaluation drills in Khan Academy will make algebra muscle memory.

Use the search engine, moron.

Mostly fear. Plus web devs and python devs usually don't need much math. I'll admit I'm a brainlet when it comes to most trig stuff but I still study Calc/Discrete math when I can because it's important to thinking algorithmicly.

Attached: 34306564_2070760463211504_5931417833698230272_n.png (299x265, 144K)

So I googled ask the terms cause when I read the pic it sounded like stone super complex math stuff, but it's literally sir basic algebra wtf why doesn't it say you should know algebra

>look mom I posted it again xDD

theory is hard to grasp if you have shit teachers in elementary/high school.
I had no problems passing math but fuck me if I can understand anything when theory is discussed and you need to use the previously taught knowledge on a new topic

Please avoid using the term “google” as a verb, meaning to search for something on the internet. “Google” is just the name of one particular search engine among others. We suggest to use the term “search the web” or (in some contexts) just “search”. Try to use a search engine that respects your privacy; for instance, DuckDuckGo claims not to track its users. (There is no way for outsiders to verify claims of that kind.)

>why would anyone need algebra? Just teach us something useful
>like balacing a budget
>or doing my taxes

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 41K)

I'm a software engineer who works predominantly with HTML, CSS, and MS word. The redditor is correct

>actually calling yourself an engineer

>software engineer
>MS word
Some people have no shame whatsoever.

Nice bait, made me reply

autists struggle with math

Isnt it the opposite

One enormous myths about autism is about that autist are genius or good mathematics.

No, but they will spend more on it because of a lack of social skills. Time spent compensates for skill even if you're not a genius. So yeah, while other people are having fun and teenage sex they will be grinding away like shitters at some subject.

Cry me a river and wipe the tears with a kleenex, then xerox me a copy will you?

There are subjects in maths that are really hard to grasp. At least for a lot of people. Probability is a huge one in maths. Because even if you know the formulas and the theory you wont be able to solve a lot of the exercises because its all about interpretation and its usually hard.

On Reddit, this gets you 200 upboats. On Jow Forums, this gets you called a brainlet.

This isn't true whatsoever. There is a very special type that excels at maths, but it absolutely isn't the general autismos or those into programming.

How could anyone in anything resembling a tech career NOT know what variables, coefficients, L I N E A R fucking A L G E B R A and graphs are.
Jesus fucking wept.

If you want math to teach you to think algorithmic-ly you should be looking at abstract algebra not Calc.
Doing proofs is honestly pretty fun and it upgrades you from brainlet status fast.

Critical points, inflexion points, asymptotes.

I don't even think this is true. You probably need knowledge of probability, statistics, linear optimization techniques and a good hold on programming before you should pick up a theory book machine learning to get into programming for it.

html guys that consider themselves computer scientists.

This is true though. 99% of software development doesn't require any prior mathematical knowledge.

machine learning is literally statistics and optimization why is anyone surprised that learning it requires math...

Svenska Akedemins Ordlista recognizes to google as a worf

Machine learning does though. You should asa bare minimum be very comfortable with linear algebra and have a basic understanding of multivariate calculus and statistics.

>On mid break from my 5 hour math class
>The only female student, very vocal liberal, and 37yo, told the prof she wants to major in math
>Usually does commie speak but usually gets btfo by the prof who has actually worked
>Stories for another time
>Sitting with someone she has in another class
>Complaining about the test scores we got back because the highest grade was a 90 and it wasn't hers.
>Guy is complaining about his class and stuff he's not going to use (imaginary numbers)
>He yells in agreement "What's next, unicorns!? Teach me something useful like balancing a checkbook!"
>Implying this 19-20 year old kid has ever even wrote a check in his life.