Cool as ice

>Finish my 2700x build
>Using shitty stock cooler and stock cooling pad
>Check temps
>stable 19.5 - 20.5 degrees celsius idle
>54 degrees celsius under max load

Holy shit, how the fuck can Intelets compete?

Attached: images (7).jpg (410x358, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3176907/components-processors/ryzen-cpus-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-about-amds-disruptive-multicore-chips.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They can't, why do you think they had to overclock a 28 core housefire to 5 GHz using exotic cooling in an attempt to draw attention away from AMD?

You're either a shitty troll/shill or don't realise that those temperatures are very obviously wrong.

Or maybe you live in Norilsk and have your computer outside.

>AMD can't even make working temperature sensors

Its from AMD's own ryzen application, presumably cant get more accurate than that.
Admittedly the room i keep it in is typically only 12-15 degrees celsius or so but even so the results are amazing.

Assuming his ambient temperature is around 20C which isn't unreasonable considering AC exists, those temps are fairly average for the stock 2700x heatsink.

>presumably can't get more biased than that

>keep it in refrigerator
>fans on max
>54c
And here my 4970 runs 62C full load at 24.4C ambient with my 212 EVO fans at idle.

Did they fix that 20C bug?

Meant to reply to

But intels temp reading software is perfectly accurate right?

The absolute state of you intelcucks.

>with my 212 EVO
exactly

Attached: 1530170920044.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Linus tech tips already here damage controlling for intlel

>Its from AMD's own ryzen application, presumably cant get more accurate than that.
i don't know how ryzen works, but for example vishera had no temperature sensor. instead, it had some kind of magic algorhitm that tried to guess temps from random shit around. it worked well for 40C-70C temps, but everywhere else it was going nuts
>have vishera
>30c in room
>15c cpu core

>just got a brand new intel laptop with 8250u
>brand new out of the box, system idle, cores at 64c

Can't wait to see what this heater can do in a year when the fans are all dusted up.

>finish my 2990X build
>don't use (((cooler))) like chad
>stable -273.15°C while idle
>stable -273.14°C while prime 95
>Incels cannot use their CPU as air conditioner
Holy shit how can Intelaviv virgins ever compete?

Attached: 7700k_heatsink.jpg (480x639, 106K)

Oh hey your just a poor amd fag that cant afford Coffee lake
AMD was and will always be the bum choice

pcworld.com/article/3176907/components-processors/ryzen-cpus-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-about-amds-disruptive-multicore-chips.html

Ryzen uses a COMPLETELY new architecture. It can't overclock for shit, but at 4.2 Ghz, it's able to scare a 5.2 Ghz 8700K.
Pic related is a die shot of Ryzen (gen 1, 14nm)

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-Die-Shot.jpg (1432x646, 382K)

There are really no words for how bad Intlel's stock hsf is. I was using it on a 4790k at stock settings and regularly hitting 80-90c under any sort of sustained full load, even if they were relatively short. That is below TJmax but still very high. I tried various high-end thermal compounds, even liquid metal, and results were exactly the same. The heatsink was getting very, very hot, and the dinky little fan was not cooling it quickly enough. And this was their pre-skylake stock HSF which featured a copper slug for the IHS to contact, I can only imagine things are that much worse with the latest, full-aluminum designs.

As for AMD... there's no real comparison, their stock heatsinks are just better at cooling the CPU. This is not something that started with Ryzen, I am holding in my hand right now the stock heatsink for a Phenom II x4 and this thing is built to the teeth; large copper contact and 4 heatpipes that run through far more and thinner fins than the Intel's possesses. The achilles heel of this thing is the fan being loud as sin, whereas the Intel fan, despite being unable to cool a stock i7, is tolerable noise-wise.

The tl;dr is that, in this, Intel can't compete, but as they've generally had better CPU's in the last decade they never had to.

i have a zenbook with the same cpu, my idle is 35 deg

>muh gaems
Cries the intelet, as he plays with his entirely fictional clock speed, desperately attempting to postpone the next update to his windows home edition to avoid getting crippled again.

Attached: 1529330061386.jpg (960x878, 125K)

Quality shitpost desu

>desperately attempting to postpone the next update to his windows home edition to avoid getting crippled again.
i think setting shit on fire after updates might be hardware-independent feature of win10

WTF I'm buying a new CPU now.
Thanks for this informercial OP.

It's not even a good argument, Ryzen's single thread performance is comparable, it's only in clock speed that it falls behind because it's a brand new arch going against Coffee Lake which is a Pentium 3 core with decades of refinement. The fact that Ryzen is already hitting 4.2ghz should worry Intel, it's going to catch up to those decades of refinement very soon.

> I don't know how ryzen works,
Ryzen has a few new tricks added over FX.
1: No more do CPU cores share crucial resources. The only resource they share is the L3 cache.
2: AMD now has a hyperthreading equivalent, called Simultaneous Multi-Threading, or SMT for short. Tests show it more effective and efficient as multi-threaded workloads than Intel's hyperthreading.
3: The main crux of how Ryzen works is that Ryzen relies HEAVILY on a new scalable data bus AMD calls the Infinity Fabric.

If you look at the die shot, there are 2 clusters of CPU cores. These are CPU Complexes or CCXs as AMD calls them. Ryzen has 2 of them, each one containing 4 cores, 8 threads, and 8MB of L3 cache. The Infinity Fabric connects them allowing cores from one CCX to talk to the other. The downside of the Infinity Fabric is that it runs at the bus speed of whatever ram is installed. So fast ram has a DIRECT effect on how efficient Ryzen is. This is why Ryzen performance numbers jump massively when paired with high speed, low latency ram.

I believe him, these are my temps with a noctua nh-d15 and an oc'ed ryzen 5 1600

Attached: speccspex.jpg (654x519, 75K)

desu wraith doesnt even is that bad

>Ryzen has a few new tricks added over FX.
fundamentally the fact that Ryzen makes no compromises and has complete cores, that's why its clock speed is lower than shitdozer, which sacrificed so much in pursuit of the almighty ghz+"core" count, quotations because I have a really hard time considering a module with a single FPU as 2 cores, regardless of having 2 integer units... the fx series were always dual, triple, and quad cores in my eyes.

Aside from the fact that they're using true core design again, the only other major thing they have going on is infinity fabric, which BTFO's intel's QPI, ring bus, etc. pretty hard.

NOOOO! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

Attached: 1506960294542.png (633x900, 162K)

>brags with low temps
>doesn't mention extremely low ambient temperature in the OP
look at this stupid faggot and laugh
your amd housefire is idling at 8 degrees celsius above your room temperature, that's nothing to brag about

Attached: 1505853048528.jpg (400x400, 21K)

>20°C room temp
>Idle is now 28°C
>Load is 60°C

Woooooow, what a whopping difference.

Attached: 1452024863961.gif (256x256, 89K)

I'm actually at home now and the idle is the same while the ambient is 18 degrees.

Get fucked intcel

Attached: 1514912174690.jpg (267x297, 18K)

Ryzen 1600 here @ 3.85GHz
It goes up to 75C in a hot room 25C+ under 100% load. @stock it never goes over 60.

IMO Ryzens would be better value with no coolers included and ~20€ lower retail price.

Attached: wraithprismnoiselevels.png (646x537, 49K)

>4790 with 212 EVO
>62ºC full load
Almost same here, but mine goes up to 65~ºC, but my room is usually like 26ºC or so, never meassured at all.

By creating new fads of course.
>This 2 horsepower cooler can do what!? Ft. debauer.

What vcores for base and turbo? Some claim 1-1.1 for base.

My 1700 barely breaks 60C when compiling and it's also using the boxed cooler. Great CPU.

I work at a shitty but easy gov contractor company, we build all our 200+ workstations, NAS and IOT systems with exactly xeons and i7 7700 non k, daily.

use hwmonitor or coretemp you imbecile, speccy is always off 5-10 degrees.

intel a shit.

What bug?

There is/was no bug, he's a butthurt intel fanboy.

>4 Haswell vs 8 Haswell cores
>The latter runs hotter

Whoa, who would've thought

:^)

he probably was not interested in the architecture and autism that much, what he meant is that he does not own a ryzen and does not know has AMD changed their temperature sensing method, but at least all "modern" AMD cpus before ryzen used this algorithm thing which works well under load and heat, but on idle its total shit, apparently in a 21-22c room my file server idles at 0-5c with the small stock heatsink, huh, and my main desktop with a vishera does pretty much the same
does amd still use this method for calculating temperature on ryzen, i dont know as i dont own one, but at least all post 2009-2010 AMD cpus before ryzen used this

so long story short, on AMD before ryzen and possibly on ryzen if they still use this method:
>dont trust AMD temperatures on idle directly from the CPU, use your motherboards socket temperature instead
>you can trust the temperature reading under load when its heated up