Are mid-range phones becoming better than flagships?

>youtu.be/I36qvNvWBRY

After watching this video I noticed how a lot of today's flagships sacrifice some really good features in order to inovate or try to look better.

I have a galaxy s7, and despite the battery life and lack of software support (fuck you samsung), I dont think I'm upgrading this phone anytime soon, it has just enough storage, the screen is not so small but also not so big, it rarely lags even when I use it intensily, and overall I feel like it was a great investment

What do you think? Are midrange phones overthrowing flagships?

Attached: Screenshot_20180629-070327.png (1920x1080, 541K)

>S7
>great investment
no, it's retarded just like S8. Having a locked bootloader decreases it's value significantly. S5, S6 and S9 are better just because of an unlockable bootloader.

>expensive, technically irrelevant shit drives everything forward

>S7
>Locked
The international version was rootable almost since day one

Attached: 1519533858205 (1).png (558x614, 32K)

>rootable
>bootloader
See your own pic.

>Having a locked bootloader decreases it's value significantly.
How?

You can blame Apple for that
>removing headphone jacks
>adding a fucking notch

>not having samsung s5

Yes, the camera is shait, but that motherfucker is durable and I have 2 extra batteries from zerolemon, the back cover has a notch for easy removal. Also I don't know how to transfer all my authenticators (google, microsoft, duo mobile, steam, blizz), if that's even possible.

>you can also flash custom ROM both (aosp and non) and kernels
I-i-i-t doesnt matter! me no dumb, no! You dumb dumb heheheeh

Attached: (You).jpg (750x1000, 35K)

All that fucking matters on a phone are the screen and camera. Everything else is irrelevant

Back then rooting just meant getting superuser on your phone and unlocking the bootloader was a separate matter. Now it's all encompassed and some phones have to have an unlocked bootloader to install su

It means you can't reflash another OS easily. I remember dealing with Meizu with a locked loader, there was some magic involved in booting LineageOS there, like the image of FlyMe OS was just a shell with replaced internals, or something. In other words, it was like jumping through hoops and of course it's easier to just throw it away and buy a new one in that case.

Steam is super easy, but also haven't found a good way to transfer Google Authenticator yet. Still keep my old phone next to my pc, as I dread logging in to all sites and setting it up again.

I have an LG G3. Literally no reason to get a new phone until this one breaks, it just werks

Other than the S9, I can't think of any reason why I would want to get anything beyond the $100 phone I already have. They have notches now. They have no headphone port. What is supposed to be their best device is no longer usable to me. I won't be surprised if they do away with USB connections when Apple does wireless charging.

I have 2 S7Edges

have 1 Iphone7

Both are better than their modern versions.

S9 is just a more expensive S8 which was jus blah. Specially with them removing physical home button and going with fingerprint reader in back which is pure retardadtion.

S10 looks like they will just completely fuck up what was working with S7-S9 and go full retard.

Iphone 7 is best iphone. Iphone8,9 they start going full retard. IphoneX is just shit.

Its like the Macs. They ruined the laptop line and best versions are the 2 yr ago Air and last model Mackbook Pro.

Its also like Windows that went full retard for a about 20 years.

Most of these tech companies are ran by liberals. They fuck up everything they touch.

The company bosses push for "innovation", but that means "fuck up what we made perfect already".

The employees want to show the managers and bosses they are worth their salaries, so they constantly change shit, even if the change is often worst, fucks up what was working.

If these companies stuck with what have perfected, 1/2 their employees would lose their worthless jobs. So the daily work at these companies is now "changing what works" just for the sake of changing it, not to find something better. And ALMOST always results in a step back. With just a new fancy more expensive paint job.

I am not buying the S9,S10. Only retards do.

I am not buying the Iphone 8, Iphone9, IphoneX. Only retards do.

I will wait till they make something actually significant actually good/better than what I have.

Because you lose software support as soon as the manufacturer stops caring and wants you to buy more shit.

With an unlocked bootloader you can continue to get updates for as long as the phone stays technically relevant in most situations, thanks to the custom ROM community.

That's without even considering the additional benefits of a rooted/custom device such as no bloat, the ability to have e.g. ad-blockers, stripping out the botnet, etc.

Thinking about buying s7dge
Thoughts?

No. See It's old enough for these issues to matter. Get OnePlus 6 or 5T, or if you want a cheaper option then OnePlus 5 or Xiaomi Mi 6.

It's a great phone, been using one since its release

Some say phones like the ancient Nexus 6p are superior to current year phones

If you are in the US don't because you wont be able to flash roms; if you live everywhere else that has the exynos version do it, custom roms for the exynos have been around since forever