/sqt/ Stupid Question Thread

What's the most comfortable firewall setting for my router? Low or High? I was thinking low, but I'm not sure. I play games and watch netflix, etc.

Attached: Untitled.png (1267x745, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogofsex.com/files/games/the-couch/
ghacks.net/2014/11/23/how-to-play-unity-games-offline/
stackoverflow.com/questions/38132755/importerror-no-module-named-encodings
blogofsex.com/files/games/the-couch/Build/TheCouch_0.1.5_Webgl.data.unityweb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reposting.

I'm trying to download this game for offline posterity,

blogofsex.com/files/games/the-couch/

but it seems it's not a standard flash file or similar that I can just grab directly. It seems to be some unity WebGL thing that I'm only familiar with by name only, and there is absolutely nowhere or nothing that I can save. It simply renders in my browser from the link but doesn't point to anything directly downloadable as far as I can see.

Please please PLEASE tell me there's a way I can download or grab this somehow.

Anyone else notice Google being really slow all the sudden? or is it just me?

is there a way to make disk shrink size larger?

Attached: Untitled.png (978x679, 47K)

why do I never seed at full speed? I have 500kb/s speed limit but upload speed for the only torrent I'm seeding right now never goes >100kb/s

Will saving the page as an HTML file work?

Is it possible to do a pair a GTX 970 with 1070. Also looking for some programs that will tell me the conditions and status of my Hardware. I'm going to upgrade my computer soon and I think some of my parts are not up to speed or optimal.
Also is there a danger to having too much RAM. Like 32 or 64 of RAM.
Would it be possible to pair two power supplies together? I got a 600 and 650 power supply and I was wondering if I could utilize both of them. There's still more stuff I need to ask but that can wait for later

Attached: 1525999326266.jpg (1000x800, 81K)

Best Android app for getting dnscrypt and dnssec going?

Who's the asshole who's gotten pretty much all of ProtonVPN's servers banned on 4chin?

What's a good GUI wrapper for ffmpeg for converting videos to GIFs?

Attached: neet question.png (620x640, 345K)

Can somebody tell me what is wrong with my python/youtube-dl and how to fix it?
I already have the PYTHONPATH and PYTHONHOME variables set up and it is still not working.

Attached: wtf_encodings.png (1920x1080, 743K)

What is this on the back side of the sticker?

Attached: sticker.png (984x1456, 1.59M)

What is it with Indians, man? The sewage lines in one of our building backed up and caused a literal shit geyser. The entire office was cleared out because of the horrific smell. Except for the fucking Indians, they claimed they couldn't smell a thing.

Is India just that fucking nasty?

Attached: 1500620542591.png (680x680, 270K)

Attached: Open-Defecation-in-the-World-national-2012.jpg (1898x727, 208K)

You are that it guy who got shipped over to India Right? I remember you. What are you doing over there?

Attached: 1529869602348m.jpg (1024x925, 135K)

I cant reach github is anybody else having this issue?

No, I live and work in the US. We just have about a dozen poos working for us.

Works for me. Do you live in Russia by any chance?

Can I install Windows 7 on an hdd from another pc and then move it to another one? It will be a fresh install without any drivers for the 1st computer. I'm asking cause 8 got a new Mobo and for some reason it doesn't recognize my USB drive. Pls no other suggestions just tell me if this shit will work or not.

CPU die example with glue.

>Can I install Windows 7 on an hdd from another pc and then move it to another one?
No.
>I'm asking cause 8 got a new Mobo and for some reason it doesn't recognize my USB drive. Pls no other suggestions just tell me if this shit will work or not.
Use Rufus to create your USB, and use MSI smart tools to add USB drivers.

So i tried playing Rust.
Left is waiting to join a server for 20 minutes, right is when it crashed.

Is it safe to say i'm having a "memory leak" issue? If not, what else could it be?

Attached: å8.png (1821x576, 41K)

No, Rust is just unoptimized as fuck and it uses 8GB RAM minimum, get 16GB RAM if you want to be able to play Rust.

No.

I need a new MP3 player app for android.
I used to use mortplayer music, but it doesn't work on newer android versions thanks to the retarded SD Card permissions bullshit.

What is a good MP3 player on android that does the following:
1) Allows for folder view/playing
2) Will move to the next folder when done with the current
3) FOSS would be nice, but I'll take what I can get
4) Optional: Supports morse-code input from a 3-button bluetooth headset

Mortplayer did play/pause and next/previous track, and you could double/triple press for next/previous folder. I'd love to have that, but it's optional.

I tried Apollo, Blackplayer, and Poweramp Trial.
Apollo has no folder view.
Blackplayer has folder view, but doesn't move to the next folder when done. Only does repeat and stop when finishing last track.
Poweramp works, sort of, but it's $4 after 2 weeks and looks ugly as shit.

Halp.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (207x310, 16K)

You say that, but not too long ago (2-3 years) i WAS able to play it. I have 403 hours in it. So something has happened lately

>but not too long ago (2-3 years)
That's a long time ago and rust has changed significantly since then.

>ramlets on suicide watch

Attached: Capture.png (950x351, 48K)

I know, and that is why i'm suspecting it is a memory leak rather than weak hardware. Friends also have even weaker pc's than mine, and they can play it just fine.

int num = (int)Math.random()*100);

I'm trying to generate random whole numbers but eclipse won't let me execute.

It returns an exception"main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Syntax error on token "(", assert expected before this token at java_lecture_2/java_lecture_2.RandomNumbers.main(RandomNumbers.java:10)

Attached: RandomN.jpg (1192x450, 51K)

It's literally telling you what the problem is. Look at that line again, you're missing an open parenthesis somewhere

Have you tried directing your gaze in the general direction of the little red curly line?

I can't proceed anyway if I delete it

Attached: whatnow.jpg (905x158, 35K)

Tech illiterate here,
While creating a bootable windows 10 flash drive using rufus, should I select FAT32 or NTFS file system ?

NTFS

NTFS.
And GPT (Unless its a old computer).

Then add another paren to pair up with that one. Do you understand why you have a paren there in the first place, or were you just blindly copying someones code? You should put the open paren after the (int) cast. That way the entire line of 'math' is in the parenthesis, so it will calculate that, and then convert the answer to an int.

Make sure you're understanding how code works and not solely copying it then googling the next problem

I suggest you review basic syntax rules

int(Math.random() * 100);

Believe me I've tried that, it's still not working

I get a syntax error on int, I also get a type mismatch, cannot convert from double to int

hols the phone, I put a pair around int after equal and it worked.

thank you

I just made an email account with Yahoo and it immediately asked me to disable cookies to proceed using the service. I had to exit and reenter the site to bypass the message to start using the email account.

What's up with that?

Attached: 1530041279878-g.png (1080x1920, 329K)

go incognito and exit when you finish creating your account

that will erase the cookies

Is there a way for me to get the number of page views over a certain time? For example, is there a way for me to see how many people visited this thread since its inception?

I have no idea, user.

Attached: smug pepe browsing 4chan recursion.gif (600x450, 1.99M)

low, UPNP disabled
high blocks gaming ports

You need access to the log file of the web server or add a third party tracking server (Google analytics)
If it's not your webpage: No

Yes don't remember how though, just that you have to deactivate some thing that has to do with booting, like fastboot or something, then clear some of those unmovable files, or something. Google it.

I recommend the "cookie autodelete" plugin for firefox (Desktop and android only)

Defrag your HDD.

correct, but as said, you may need to disable fast boot and or swap (at least temporally) to move those files

what's the easiest way to get a desktop notification whenever someone starts watching something on my plex server?
i'm on windows 10

Anyone?
Please?

stackoverflow.com/questions/38132755/importerror-no-module-named-encodings

here, thanks for the answer.

Opening the inspector shows a 74MB file that it's downloading, try downloading that perhaps?
blogofsex.com/files/games/the-couch/Build/TheCouch_0.1.5_Webgl.data.unityweb

either pirate or buy poweramp then you gay retard

But the UI is shit, and navigating it is fucking horrible.

>Supports morse-code input
Wtf, is that a thing?
Vanilla player satisfy 1 and 3, I think it also satisfy 2 if you press "play all" in a folder containing many folders.

an alternate Free as in Freedom youtube viewer for android that lets you download videos

So I've been called for interviews twice in the last two months for help desk positions. Both times I've been denied because I have no corporate experience despite that being visible on my resume. Help desk is an entry level tech position, but everyone in my area (miami) is looking for someone with 3-5 yrs experience. How am I supposed to gain said experience if I'm being denied for lack of experience?

>inb4 certs
I have a+, net+, and sec+, but they've only gotten me interviews so far.

>inb4 relocate
No funds to do so.

Attached: 544487_1410569676321_500_281.jpg (500x281, 41K)

is it still pretty much WD or nothing when it comes to HDD's
looking specifically at external ones

Well it definitely grabbed the data, but it doesn't open correctly within the browser, just loops a save prompt. I figured the inspect element would work, but I neglected to try it cause I couldn't find it at 5 in the morning. Thanks for that at least, I have a tangible file now.

I tried to download it, but can't seem to open it, did you get it to work?

Reposting
>visiting dad's
>using his computer
>decide to download malwarebytes for the hell of it today
>DarkComet backdoor found
I only logged into Humble Bundle, but I've put a USB with my password database stored on it into the computer a few days ago.
DarkComet is rather old from what I've seen, we're talking 2012, the PC is also that old.
Do I need to change absolutely all my passwords on everything now? It's probably been on the computer for years from some torrent my boomer dad downloaded and I doubt the pajeet on the other end has even done anything since 2013.

No, I'm searching for answers right now.

Did you try it the link the other dude said?
I can't be bothered to install unityplayer, but it might work in that.

Some guys outside working on the road and sometimes I can feel the floor shaking will those vibrations hurt my hard drives or something?

Just about to try that now.

>russia
JEJ
literal third world nation

Well fuck me. Webplayer doesn't support Linux, those sons of bitches. Goddamnit.

About to throw out an old Compaq PC with Pentium 3 and PC133 ram. Any reason to keep it maybe?

It's all the homeless fucks.
Besides, nobody has ever really denied that Russia was a shithole, so I'm not sure what this "TOP JEJ" is all about.

No it was just comcast being absolute garbage it took me 2 hours to reset my modem

> was a shithole
*is a shithole

Time to lurn sum grammer.

Well you since you can play it in your browser you should probably be able to do it if you can get the correct file. Seems you might need a unity3d file though, that was not what you(I) downloaded.
>Use a caching extension or browse your browser's cache manually to locate the .unity3d file in the cache.

Checked in the "about:cache" for such a file but didn't see it though.

Is it wise to root my S7 Edge just so I can use it for tethering? My new 4g plan doesn't incluse Hotspot and it's really steaming my peanuts.

Attached: 1488050701876.jpg (1024x798, 96K)

Jow Forumsentoomen I need a good book for learning and mastering Python. Something like the beginner one for C++ by Stroustrup but preferably not so voluble. Any recommendations?

Attached: 1490243464544.jpg (1536x2048, 327K)

Yeah, I tried too, and the only thing that shows up are some unityweb files, not unity3d. Why the fuck is this shit so difficult? Goddamn I hate proprietary shit that makes life difficult so fucking much.

Yeah, this was at least often good with Flash.

Well, I'm taking a break. You can feel free to continue trying options if you want, but I'm a little angery right now.

Same, here actually. Tried mirroring the site with wget, but it didn't download the "game", so I think it just tries to download it from online. Also got this message when loading the downloaded page.
>It seems your browser does not support running Unity WebGL content from file:// urls. Please upload it to an http server, or try a different browser.

How late is too late to start CS?

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

Going to Uni in January, living on campus. Do you guys think it'll be possible or a good idea to bring my PC tower? Have roommates ever tried anything with your PC?

Attached: 1503387167501.png (680x367, 338K)

it's always too late, only certs and experience matter. learn the actual job you want.

Certs dont do shit when you dont have some sort of degree.
Your resume will go directly in to the trash in 90% of cases because you lack even a feminist dance study "degree".

get an average laptop with "low to no" gaming capability on it. people will respect you and you will do better in class.

>Have roommates ever tried anything with your PC?
Once...
And only once

learn the job, get the certs and then go in and talk to people where you apply. If you waste your time and money on a degree just to get through the resume filter then you are a true brainlet

Buy a cheap Thinkcentre m92p, put a Low profile GPU on it, put a password on it.
A SSD, and encrypted.

Python Crash Course, haven't read it but I've heard good things about it.

>A SSD, and encrypted
How would you do that?

You dont just show up at CACI and just walk in and talk to people. You send in a resume and thats your foot in to the industry. The hiring department will discard your resume if you dont have a degree. Its prejudicial but in 9 out of 10 cases if you dont have a degree you're most likely bullshiting it and are a waste of time. Unless, like you have a CCIE ISP, maybe then you can get in, but thats years of expensive training and tests. In that same time you could have gotten an associates and got work then just taking certs

Lets say you get a good SSD like a 860 EVO, just enable encryption in driver settings.
There are stronger and more paranoid options but this will be enough so nobody can check what you do in your computer.

>people will respect you and you will do better in class
but what's the point of building a rig if i don't have it?

Example of a cheap Thinkcentre, a SFF M92p, example of a low profile GPU, GTX 1050Ti low profile.

Why this and not bring your $800-1000 PC?
Because you cant trust others with your stuff.

It's a thing.
Poweramp supports it as well.
Double-tapping the back and forward buttons on the bluetooth headset will go to the next/previous folder/album/artist (whatever play mode you're in).

It's incredibly convenient.

I just ended up buying poweramp.
It's as ugly as sin, and the 15+ free skins I got for it are also ugly as sin, but it works about as well as Mortplayer did.

>You don't just show up at CACI and just walk in and talk to people.
not familiar with the company, but literally no reason you can't call in to the company and ask for a tour and/or go and talk to them.
After they show you what equipment they use and you say "yeah I know how to configure and manage these" then you can get them to ask HR to push your resume ahead.

I got into Lockheed Martin with a sec+ cert and mcDonalds cashier resume that way.

>Because you cant trust others with your stuff.
So you dont buy a car or a house cause you cant trust the general public?

which is better for a joint in or out?

Attached: motor joint with potentiometer.png (828x612, 13K)

Yes its common sense, a normal person wouldn't buy a house in the ghetto part of their city.