Windows Phone

remember windows phone ? The phone "everyone" used in every movie, tv show,etc

Attached: wp_ss_20160523_0008.png (480x800, 287K)

i actually kinda liked it. my friend owned a lumia. decent all around phone but lacked apps.

Really nice phones for a good price, what a shame that the ecosystem didn't get off the ground

I like that way better than my nexus Android atm

yeah i loved them too, especially the way ui looked. i used lumia 735 for 2 years and then switched back to android

>remember
What did he mean by that

Attached: wp_ss_20180629_0005.png (720x1280, 719K)

Had a 640 for 2.5 years, man 8.1 was awesome.

It was the third pillar of phone OS.
Less restrictive than iOS. Less fragmented than Android.
The best of both worlds.

Then Microsoft did their damnedest to fucking destroy it.

At this point I just feel drained.

pretty much.

>make a more responsive and nicer looking os than anyone else
>better on screen keyboard
>the phones it came on tended to have better cameras
>etc
>basically all around great phones
You think that's all it would take right? Just make an app store and let the money start ro- oh wait
>dont allow certain 3rd party devs to make apps for it that people actually want because of judaism

Windows phone failed because the shitlords at microsoft were too fucking proud to swallow their pride and accept the fact that they couldn't make a platform as popular as google's (youtube) or facebook (instagram, etc).

Also didn't help that they then decided to remove the hardware standards that made WP unique. Also, they had most success in Europe but released most features only in US.
And then Google decided to play Monopoly and bleed them dry by preventing WP from getting apps for Youtube and other Google services.

I'm still using one. Sometimes, I feel like my life is like one of those big budget action movies.

The Lumia 1020 is still the best non-dual camera smartphone camera ever made in my eyes. It's just MS should have made it open as hell, and pushed gaming support with Xbox as well. I think someday they might learn and jump in with a new WP platform.

that's basically the only reason it didn't make it. app devs didn't want to make apps for it. they had rather make apps for android in that awful slow java language. now we are all stuck with android phones that require octacore processors just to work without lagging.

>preventing WP from getting apps for Youtube
Good thing now we have buttload of them lol

Windows Phone is my favorite tech toy by far

Attached: Capture.jpg (1280x800, 155K)

Is there a way to make Android look even remotely as consistent as WP?
I'm fucking annoyed by how widgets are completely fucking unstandardized and either not available at all or really fucking lacking.

WP keyboard is still my favourite keyboard. I miss it so bad, damn.

>1280x800
user are you programming on a tablet?

Haha no, on a desktop it's just my monitor is pretty old

i mean i flashed stock android on an old sony xperia with a single core sub 1ghz cpu and it runs okay simply because there's no bloatware on it. it's hard to remove all that shit on newer android phones without rooting.

Here's a nickel, kid. Buy a better monitor. Programming on that must be like pulling teeth.

Attached: the ass band.jpg (400x257, 71K)

>buzzfeed
>discord
>tumbler

Attached: tricky.jpg (245x245, 8K)

I wish but can't really afford luxury stuff like that, money is really tight

>buy largest phone manufacturer in the world (Nokia) with plans to enter the phone market in both hardware and software
>fire all the employees that designed phones
>fire all the employees that made software for your mobile OS
>wonder why your phone's market share never gets above 1%
>throw up your hands and kill off the entire thing

Fuck Microsoft. They could have done so much and it wouldn't have cost them a goddamn thing.

I hate how Microsoft absolutely screwed it for themselves. 8 and 8.1 were the best platforms. Smooth and aesthetic as fuck. And then Windows 10 Mobile happened. Fuck you Satya.

I loved WP lumias
too bad it never took off

Back in my day we had an 80 by 24 character grid and we liked it.

@ ballmer next time sweetie
he literally went against the company to buy out nokia instead of letting them do their own thing which they were gladly doing

Wasn't anything wrong with it, just no one made apps for it

Don't be fucking rude you fucking bitch.

Whoa, how do I get that effect where you have a background to your tiles on Windows 10 in my start menu?