*collects itself*

*collects itself*

Attached: 10923.jpg (474x474, 19K)

I kekd a little, but golang is a great programming language

Great for braindead Indian Googlers such as yourself.

Great if you're allergic to functionality

lol no generics

Golang is great, easy to learn, and useful (libraries, support, toolchain). Like C, except it's not for low level system programming, it's also less tricky.

Has Rob Pike said: "People are retards, Go will make them slightly less retarded, it's a huge improvement".

>*collects itself*
Like the garbage it is?

> Like C, except it's not for low level system programming, it's also less tricky.
literally useless

that's the joke, boomer

It has none of C's advantages and a lot of its disadvantages, and it certainly isn't simple. There's literally no excuse for having to rewrite a function for each number type on a modern language.
Go is a language for people that are "afraid" of other supposedly more complex programming languages, that's all there is to it.

>Go is a language for people that are "afraid" of other supposedly more complex programming languages, that's all there is to it.
Bullshit. Go is simply easy and fast to write, maintain and read. The last part lessens the burden of jumping into unfamiliar code. There is hardly a Go library I could not jump into and quickly understand it. It is also a nice glue language because of C ABI compatibility.
t. writes Go, C and C++

>it certainly isn't simple.
It's so simple the majority of its users come from Ruby and Python.

Golang is alright. I wrote some professionally, not enough to be an expert but enough that I see where they were trying to go with it.
I'd add generics and proper error handling but I don't think anything else. It doesn't need full OO or anything, which a lot of people bitched about when it was first released.

It's made by a literal faggot, what do you expect?

>good IO abstraction
>good unicode suppord
>buffered IO in standard library
literally all you need for unix philosophy of working in pipes on text streams and C has none of that

plus you can get solid understanding of full specs and compiler internals in one weekend

docker, kubernetes, prometheus, etcd, consul, rkt are all top tier software and written in golang

>> It doesn't need full OO or anything, which a lot of people bitched about when it was first released.
This. Go is essentially an OO language, it just recognizes that the class + inheritance model was a mistake, and separates inheritance into mixins (struct embedding) and interfaces.

It's also a nice target language for a source to source compiler.

go truly is the best language

Attached: goroyper.png (496x403, 9K)

*collects* pauses *itself*

>except it's not for low level system programming
wrong

>t. butthurt C programmer

how the hell are you gonna write a kernel in a language with a garbage collector?

Go's GC latency is ridiculously low since several point releases ago, like typically less than a millisecond on normal sized heaps. That joke doesn't work.

You don't, Go is exclusively to enable xir to write crud faggotry

This is someone who thinks they can write heap allocating code without memory leaks

Go was really great when it was invented in 1987, before we had Java.
But I don't know why people still program in Go when you can have Java and generics, exceptions, proper support for OO, better performance, etc. I guess some people never evolve.

I got lazy one weekend and used Caddy to deploy a web app instead of setting up nginx + certbot, I really hate to admit that using Caddy was actually refreshing and as simple as it's billed to be.

Is this a reference to the hamster dance? Only coterie techies will remember

>Go
>1987

I think that was his point
>why use something that compiles to native binaries
>when you can use something that runs in a fucking slow-ass vm

Attached: k8S00sM.jpg (1438x788, 109K)

into the trash it GOes

Attached: go loss.png (714x644, 475K)