COMCAST IS DOWN

REEEEEEEEE

Attached: IMG_0979.jpg (750x992, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

outage.report/us/xfinity/map
theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he thinks this is a (((cohencidence)))
the NSA is installing new data interception devices, but don't worry about it goy, it's for your security and to protect your interests

That isn't very accurate.

Attached: Capture.png (1383x346, 19K)

>interlet
Do some research before contracting shit service

Damn the mods are fast.

im using cumsocks and my internet is fine

What's a break fix bridge? Bridge?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 11.39.56 AM.png (1756x464, 163K)

There a ISP that is not either Comcast or Verizon?

>has comcast or verizon
>still picks comcast

Why do people like getting cucked?

Not the same guy jackass. I'm with Time Warner.

An hour or two ago I noticed I could ping two of my remote servers from a third location, but couldn't ping between them. It's fine now, but I wonder if it's related? It's an odd experience, when the "in between" bits of the Internet fail instead of the end nodes.

What's wrong with fios?

>comcast
>cheaper
>1g download in just about everywhere

>fios
>expensive
>can't do 1g
>the services that do have decent speeds are limited to certain areas

it's really no wonder people fall for comcast's scam.

Why would anyone have a co tract with them?

Isnt their service almost as pricey as Verizon's? except they dont have Verizon's reliability

>What's wrong with a telecommunication oligarchy?

>american problems
this is what you get for letting your tcp packets get fat

Not everywhere has Verizon? Verizon isn't as nationwide as you'd think for internet. Comcast also puts caps on people in places where Verizon is not which is most places.

>>can't do 1g
wut?

I've had 1gbps FiOS since april 2017.

Attached: FiOS price.jpg (1005x861, 116K)

>940mbps
>1g

Attached: cringelord.png (200x218, 13K)

>east coast
shit sucks faggot, my ISP is owned by Cumcast (charter/spectrum) and my internet is fine

...are you mentally ill?

1gbps when accounting for 5.5% TCP/IP packet overhead is 945mbps.

So anywhere from 930-945 is about the fastest you will EVER see unless you move up to 2.5/5/10gbps Ethernet, of which no one currently uses.
Even comcasts 2gbps service terminates in a 1gbps ethernet router. You have to provide your own gear with 10gbps or similar if you want to use the full 2gbps at once.

He might be in a shit area. I had a friend that was limited to Hughes net because his mom moved into the middle of nowhere where cox wouldn't bother to run a cable to them and Verizon couldn't figure out how to set it up either. Literally the store told them only the phone support can get them set up, and the phone support told them only the store was able to help, so they never got Verizon. At least cox had the decency to check their address and reply with "lol no"

Comcast can do up to 10g in select cities, where is the fios deal on that?

In the end Comcast is always the cheaper of the two. Verizon gets more expensive the longer you stay with them.

I work for Comcast, though not on the core infrastructure team. From what I understand, there are 2 fiber lines cut. I dont think they're ours, but anyway routing is fucked, and it's going to continue to be fucked for a while, so strap in.

A bridge is a group phone call. They're in a bridge to triage the outage.

wew, completely missing the point. Also, comcast does NOT offer 10gbps to residential customers in any cities.

They offer 2gbps currently as the fastest. I know because I can get it.

It's $1000 install and activation costs. Along with 6-8 week build time. And it's then $150/month. OR $299/month depending on your exact address.

Attached: comcast 2gbps.jpg (958x1082, 161K)

Yeah I'm on comcast internet and it's fine, but the cable TV is out.

The entire internet is not down. You may or may not be able to get to certain sites depending on the routing, or you may not be able to get anywhere at all.

this is why we need mesh networks

Holy shit, 79 USD for 1000Mbps? I'm paying 28€.

>"technology" board
>only a few threads about a nationwide outage
>hours after it started
>people don't even have post sources
Jow Forums - Consumerism General

and only 35mbps upload

That's why i went for this instead

>picking a jewish provider
back to plebbit.

Yeah it's almost like people might have a hard time getting to Jow Forums during a major ongoing nation-wide outage

because phoneposters and other ISPs don't exist, right?

I mean, one assumes people in the "tech" board mostly work in the tech industry and know how to do shit. you could, for example, simply go to twitter and see the reports there... yeah, those people are mostly using their phones

retard

outage.report/us/xfinity/map

OH LORD! EVERYTHING IS GONE

Attached: file.png (934x685, 310K)

It's not a comcast outage. It's a backbone outage. All ISPs are affected. And, again, an outage doesn't mean the whole internet is down. It means links are down. Routing is a mess. You may or may not be able to connect to things depending on peering.

For someone bitching about technological illiterates, you don't understand how the internet works.

I'm bitching about this board not giving a shit about important tech happenings

it was you (or the other poster) who said people wouldn't be able to post without internet...

again, retarded response coming from a retard, what a surprise

>All ISPs are affected
im unaffected. I live just outside washington DC. Verizon FiOS.

>All ISPs are affected
Hello Comcast employee.

Only Comcast has this issue. No one else is reporting outages.

was this some sort of attack? How the fuck does this shit accidentally happen?

I have AT&T and have been having really awful speeds all day. I've only seen Comcast and Verizon mentioned, so I figured I would speak up.

You personally being affected doesn't mean other people on the same ISP aren't affected. It's also possible that you were able to connect to the things you were using, but unable to connect to other things which you didn't notice. Again, routing.

That's just false. My FiOS connection at home was also fucked until a half hour ago. And like said, it seems to be a Level3 issue anyway.

>You personally being affected
You personally not being affected*

I just bought service from xfinity (the name is so stupid it embarrasses me) and the cable modem arrived today; haven't been able to activate service yet. I guess this might explain why. Thanks, Jow Forums!

Spectrum here, pic related

Attached: 1519932064747.jpg (412x398, 61K)

Autism spectrum maybe LMAO

But why single out Fios?

If you care about image quality for your TV, FiOS is frankly better.

However comcast has the better set top box, much more fluid and easier to use. Just plain better than what Verizon has.

But Verizon has more bandwidth at their disposal and as such their content is delivered at a higher bitrate and thus, is better quality than what comcast offers.

My area's never had Comcast I don't know what it's like to have them from personal experience.

Attached: 7428205157.png (350x200, 21K)

>Comcast
I expect nothing less

>cable television
Fuck off, boomer

Comcast offers 4k channels.

DUDE STARTING SPEEDS LMAO

Lol, this is true, but it's at such a low bitrate that frankly high bitrate 1080p is gonna look fine on a 4k TV.

Their 4k Olympics coverage was frankly embarrassing. No live events, everything 8-12 hours old, AND it could only be accessed by fucking voice command, there were no GUI menu options to get to it.

No cable provider does decent 4k right now, the few who have any 4k offerings are barely acceptable.

What's wrong with WOW!?

>using gui when you can talk into your remote

literally what is wrong with you contrarians.

wrong

shit was fucked up here in europe because of it, seems okay now

>comcast has the better set top box, much more fluid and easier to use
Speaking from experience with their STB, no. It can't possibly be better.

>mutes don't matter

The Xfinity X1 STB? It's by far the best STB from any cable provider in the US.

They don't, and you're not a mute. You are a grown man pretending to be a little girl who doesn't talk.

>that boomer whom pays for gigabit internet but also full television service
top kek you wannabe nerd I bet they dont even use a 40Mbps rate for their services.

Attached: JTRIG_deception_p24.jpg (1280x960, 278K)

Cumcast employee again, this is the message they're going to be sending out to customers over SMS:

>One of Comcast's large backbone network partners had a fiber cut that we believe is also impacting other providers. It is currently affecting our business and residential internet, video and voice customers. We apologize if you have been impacted and are working to get services restored as soon as possible.

my 25TB media library says otherwise, but meh.

It's working fine in Denver

So cutting a couple fibers is all it takes to shut down large parts of a network infrastructure?

see

It's not so much that it takes it down, but many route tables are set up to go through those lines. It takes time for all the routers on the internet to figure out the routes again so traffic can flow around the broken connection. This is why service is coming back up for a lot of people right now, even though the lines are still broken.

>What's wrong with the worst scam artist company that wants to force cuck you to ever exist

>Worst, overpriced, scumbag ISP is down
And nothing of value was lost. Should've gotten FiOS.
t. unpaid FiOS fanboy that just got notified by them that my current 100mbit plan had expired so they'd be replacing it with 1gbit July 1st for $10 less/month

Where do you think you are?

Attached: c0bb7d2d8d5a0c07f11719b00de118e4ba4863e26ee54364c0a8db138e88f4e3.jpg (475x533, 28K)

you'd be surprised how fragile modern electrical and communication infrastructure is. A couple of pick-up trucks, a team of maybe 10 determined guys with the know-how, and you could bring entire cities grinding to a halt for enough time to make normalfags really sweat. Not that anyone ever would.

I was talking about Verizon or Comcast's streaming quality, not your download rate through their network.

>comcast shills trying this hard

Cox, literally right in the red in CT. no problems as far as I can see. at work with a business class AT&T line, shit jus werked as well.

FiOS & Verizon is 10x more scum than Comcast, lol

>Implying that Time Warner is any better.
Same business practices as Comcast to the point where they tried to merge like 4 years ago

I've got Cox & Comcast in several locations around the country. Haven't had issues with either in past 10 years.
Verizon is cancer though

>If I post an image with a bunch of buzzwords people will think I'm an insider like Q-user

Keep us updated with insider info

>just switched to comcast literally the start of this week since FIOS wouldn't lower their price and comcast was $100 cheaper
>2, TWO, outages so far within 1 week of being on comcast

10/10 no wonder it's cheaper.

Kek, i've had both comcast and verizon, and I'd take verizon any day over comcast

The only reason i'd ever go to comcast were if i needed to for 30 days in order to get new customer pricing from verizon.

How can you live with shitty DOCSIS pings and even shittier uploads?

There's not much else to tell. It's basically over. Still not sure who actually owns the cables that got cut.

>Not having cable TV from comcast and internet from FiOS

Best of both worlds

I'm sure locations matter more than company. I haven't had a Comcast outrage since 2003 in Denver. My servers check uptime of Internet every 5 minutes.

Only outrage in 2003 was from biggest snow storm in past 100 years.

>I'm a retard who doesn't know where that image came from
there you go, m8: theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

Has your boss been freaking out today?

TFW he wasn't memeing

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-29-15-12-22.png (1080x1920, 601K)

Verizon never had this issue this bad. In my years of having them I had maybe 1 or 2 outages and it was usually in the middle of the night.

Probably has to do with comcast relying on old lines and tech while fios actually put in new lines and such.

they got physically cut right? or maybe they melted? what exactly happened?

i know it was hot as fuck in the US today

>have insight 100mbps
>twc buys them out, still 100mbps
>spectrum is formed, bump up to 400mbps
>only outages are when a tree fell on the power/cable lines
>unaffected by this today

Well they can. Comcast has to jump through 1000 loops to be allowed new lines. We saw what Google has to go through

>Paying for TV period

Comcast has a datacenter in Colorado, so that's probably why. They actually give a shit about the infrastructure there.

Not really. I don't work on the infrastructure team, so neither I nor my boss really give a shit. It's not our problem.

>Probably has to do with comcast relying on old lines
While Comcast does use godawful copper lines for most of their service, the lines that got cut were backbone fiber.

Not totally sure. The higher-ups aren't saying a whole lot. And like I said, this isn't my department. Everyone has been saying cut, though. So my assumption would be that they were physically cut somehow.

>paying for television
y tho

That's not really an issue. But everything should be changed to fiber instead of stupid metal. Light is best way to transfer data

Guys I think I caused this.

I was scuba diving off the coast of RI and I saw some thick ass cable that ran along the ocean floor and into the hillside. I went down near it and took out my pocket knife and sliced into it to see what was in it and shit.

Oh, so you're a pajeet that works in the call center?

Yea that makes sense. They also probably hire better there. I know in Arkansas the gigabit is available all over via Cox but everyone's really fucking stupid so they were giving modems and routers not capable of the speed for almost a full year. Only thing that was capable was the switching ports, lol. Of course access point is irrelevant

You're a retard.