Just bought a VPS

Just bought a VPS for 10$ for an entire year. What should I do with it?

Attached: smug_pepe.jpg (800x522, 62K)

Post benis and avoid ban :DDD

break the os every week and keep calling customer support until they fix it

Can I use syncthing via ssh?

Deploy OpenVPN or deluge+http for a seedbox.

Host a gopher server

I have to wonder though, isn't 10 dollars for an year extremely cheap?

1) For the next ten minutes, let anybody here add ssh keys so they can remote in
2) ???
3) Profit!

Alright go ahead. 10 min only guys

I'm sure it's not kvm based, it's basically container (openvz or lxc) so you should not do anything beside using it as a vpn server

Buy some more hardware and set up a torrent tracker, creating Jow Forums tracker 2.0

Host a new pomf-like server for Jow Forums pls

wireguard and shadowsocks server

I was thinking of using it to sync my config files across my laptops and store stuff like my journal entries

what host??

Host my bytes

that would actually be pretty funny. Might do this one day for the lulz

>journal entries
fucking lol

>not keeping a journal
Typical boomer

>mfw after seeing this thread an hour ago, I decided to rent a VPS for $2.50 a month from OVH

Fuck you shill. Why is this botnet shit so cheap?

I mean, sure you payed more but the price is so low I wouldnd cry over spwnding an extra dollar and a half per month

>buying summerhosts
lol

I don't see where they offer this on their website?

Meanwhile, I have a completely free VPS
t. fusl

free for how long?
how did you get it?

Why not just rsync?

Humble Bundle is offering a year of PIA for like $15. Bundled with borderline spyware. Is this really such a good deal?

I don't know where I found it either but it was like an ad. Only 5 gb SSD and 512ram

Yeah that is what I will do. The thing is that this thing was super cheap. 0.75 per month. Should I really be storing personal stuff in here?

Hell no.

No. PIA is scamware.

If you're just using it as cloud storage, store it in an encrypted image.

PIA is fine, but use OpenVPN and not their client. They've had 3 court cases so far where they legally could not provide logs to help the prosecution because they didn't have any.

At this point, I might as well just set up an RPi at my house and portforward ssh. I bought this because it was super cheap but I am afraid of the chink botnet

>PIA is fine
>American VPN is fine
No it's not, you retard. It's literally snake oil. Paying for it is throwing money away for nothing.
>muh logs
They're using US ISPs and they're a US based service. They don't have to store logs themselves if they have someone else doing so.
See: privacytools.io
>Services based in the United States are not recommended because of the country’s surveillance programs, use ofNational Security Letters(NSLs) and accompanying gag orders, which forbid the recipient from talking about the request. This combination allows the government tosecretly forcecompanies to grant complete access to customer data and transform the service into a tool of mass surveillance

Why not just use nextcloud?

Just make it a mega node. Run TOR, FreeNet, ZeroNet, anything you can get away with.

I will probably encript my stuff with gpg and store it there anyway.

Install GTernet

Google fusl

Encrypt and upload? That's the way you'll keep private stuff safe when hosted by someone else.

Yah that's what I will do. I am still figuring Gpg out though