What's your excuse for not owning a umpc?

What's your excuse for not owning a umpc?

Attached: gpd-pocket-ubuntu-windows-10-laptop.jpg (900x506, 87K)

I have an iPhone.

they're expensive and my laptop does the job

I have termux on android

I remember Transmeta too.

Teamviewer is a thing now.

I have an android smartphone and if I just want to fap I use a shitty core 2 duo or whatever is laying around in my room like my ibook or my samsung nc-10

The only decent one leaves a lot to be desired, is expensive as fuck, and has chink production issues.
I am not about to drop $800+ dollars on a device that I might need to send back to get repaired in 2 months.

>he will never be a fashionable Linux engineer typing the text on her keyboard to chat with the girlfriends

Attached: Capture+_2017-07-01-19-54-25.png (1439x1776, 338K)

my thinky is 12". it fits anywhere you would store a umpc, since you're definitely not getting it in a pocket (unless you weigh as much as Big Pun).

>gpd pocket
>no LTE
>emmc storage
>no card reader
>no camera
>overheats because shit chink thermal design
>single thread performance of a 2008 celeron
>shit keyboard with many issues like you have a 90% chance of hitting the power button instead of backspace
>no chance of running win10, latest updates always break everything
>a million problems like DOA, shit display, heavy battery drain while in sleep, cpu throttling for no reason, if you dont believe me check their subredit
>1 year warranty
>$600
top kek, as they say

GPD Pocket is 500$, GPD Win 1 is 350$

What's the point of a device that has to be carried in a bag and set on your lap or a desk like a laptop, with about 20% of a laptop's functionality or usability?

a android phone + bluetooth keyboard will do everything that something this small could ever be useful for

I own several.

I have a phone and a 15" laptop. I dont need a phone-sized laptop.

>Teamviewer is a thing now.
>now
VNC has been a thing for almost decades.

i never go outside?

Is that the one advertised as a fashion device, where they can't tell RAM and hard drive apart?

>>single thread performance of a 2008 celeron
Not like ARM gives you better alternatives.
Plus they use M3 now.

I agree with it being pretty shit though at first. The early revision models of both, Win and Pocket.

Hell yeah

Attached: 0302161921a_HDR-1.jpg (2482x2015, 839K)

I'm poor, unemployed and in debt.

Arm literally is better for such devices in all ways sans compatibility.

>arm is the best for running programs no one wants to use

Wow

I’m not a contrarian faggot who buys things just because it’s not popular.

The procket isnt a true umpc. Despite its name it cant really fit in your pocket. The only true recent umpc is the gpd win and win 2. The pocket is just a small laptop.

>What's a cross-compiler? Now excuse me while I guzzle my framework dev's cum

I already have a Gemini PDA.

Fact is, a lot of software people like is proprietary and locked to x86, not to mention the fact that there's almost nothing that doeesn't have x86 compatibility.

>M3
You can literally buy microcontrollers with this core, why the fuck is it in a computer

Extremely low power consumption with reasonable performance. It's the most powerful low-power x86 CPU out there at the moment.

I don't need one. I just have my desktop.

I don't really have much use for something that is smaller than my laptop but larger than my phone. It just doesn't fit anywhere.

It fits in trenchcoat pockets for the ultra-fedoras. Phones without keyboards are worthless though.

no money

I don't need one; I've got a VAIO UX

I can get UMPC in my jeans pocket and I've got a 29" waist. I carry it in sweatshirt pockets comfortably, as well as in pockets in my backpack, neither of which would fit your laptop.

I'll buy one once they my ideal form factor, ideal keyboard, and modern specs
Bonus if they make it more privacy friendly liked purism does

I got an HP mini so its close enough

They're cute but not really practical. A MacBook weights just 2lbs/0.9kg and can handle a 4K screen at home.

Looking down at a tiny screen when I could just as easily fit an ultralight laptop in my bag makes no sense. Using it on a table would be awful for your posture and then you also have to use a tiny keyboard.

thinkpad

>>no chance of running win10
>wants to run win10
>>top kek, as they say
This would be a selling point to non faggots, faggot.

And it's essentially a $500 chinkshit 2 in 1 tablet with windows in slightly different form factor. You have to be special kind of retarded to fall for shit like this.
GPD Win at least has it's uses for casual gaymer crowd.

Reads like the machine-generated Olive Garden commercial.

how fedora tier do you have to be to use one of these lmao

A 13 inch laptop is better to work on than a midget pc

>If the battery level goes below 15% the device will not power on until it's charged to 15%, which takes about an hour.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAA

I have huge hands
like really huge gorilla hands and fingers
im not even fat.

I need 2vm for work, 16gb is minimum. Not to mention slack, vs code, docker.

For meme, games (psp/ds) and yt consumsaption there is mobile large phone.

Attached: smug fuck.jpg (2705x2029, 1.27M)

Is there something like that but with a 4:3 ratio?

thats if it ever powers on again, the battery controllers in those were pretty fucked.

I have a atom lenovo that does that, so fucking annoying.

i better buy a used surface than this then

M3 beats any ARM in raw performance though.
Also the main point is x86 compatibility here.

Why are you in this thread if you don't like UMPCs?

it's completely useless gadget

Intel M3, not Cortex M3 lol

whats the UMPC equivalent to a Thinkpad X200 series?

Attached: youngterry.jpg (600x900, 187K)

any of them

the x200 is like you took the UMPC form factor and just blew it up to 12 inches

I am waiting for fordable screens on phones.