What program for you guys prefer for coding C++ with GCC?

What program for you guys prefer for coding C++ with GCC?

Attached: fb56163.jpg (2048x833, 193K)

*do you guys prefer.

>gcc
>c++
disgusting!

MSVC

>Don't touch me you filthy casual
lol It's funny because MSVC is proprietary, that was a good joke!

checked

Vim

Light Table

?

I use clang for developing c++ stuff since it has useful "autocomplete" and macros and now a language protocol server.

compiling is a different beast obviously... but that isn't what OP asked.

That user had a valid point. There's no reason anyone should force themselves to use gcc when Clang is so much nicer.

NotePad

I've wanted to forever, but I'm left handed. Do people just remap their config? It's surprising how little it's talked about.
>Light Table
What is this clojure hipster sorcery?
Reminds me of Atom, will it fit GCC inside, or does it require some obnoxious plugin like Atom does.
This, I want a good environment.

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 16K)

if you use vscode and want to try clangd, you can; I'm not a vscode expert but it sohuld "jus werk".

I just use clang through a vim plugin right now for autocomplete and "syntax checking"

Idk why you guys keep talking about clang and VS, I've literally mentioned neither, only GCC.

Nothing, because C++ is trash.

well gcc sucks for devel.
it only recently started making changes to how it is all architected to make it more dev friendly.

IDEs are for brainlets

um, not really? maybe you're just too retarded to handle them.

>mom symlinked clang to gcc again

Attached: 1496614543652.png (150x110, 34K)

Thank you user, your opinion is completely relevant to the subject of the original post.

fuck off dipshit. your op post is 100% gibberish also, by the way.

you mean what editor/ide?
I just use vim

You can use clang for linting/autocomplite and compile with gcc you dumb fuck

this. this is literally what I do at work. everyone else is some MSVC using babby or use some hot garbage code::blocks bullshit. clang is the best compiler for actually developing C++ (and C garbage as well) currently and it is 100% free and open source.

clang has literally every basic dev feature I could possibly need and works great with maralla/completor.vim

stop being a pajeet fuck you OP fucking faggot.

Why are you still stuck in the 80's, user?

I'm a NEET and haven't made anything massive or worked with some multi million sloc enterprise monstrosity so a heavy as shit ide is completely unnecessary for me
I get why people would work with those bloated battle stations for work though

because old habits are hard to kill.

same reason I don't use neovim or whatever other cool hot editor exists.

>I've wanted to forever, but I'm left handed. Do people just remap their config? It's surprising how little it's talked about.
Handedness should have no impact on vim. I'm a southpaw and haven't remapped it. Why would you need to remap vim if you are a lefty?

Attached: .jpg (800x710, 40K)

I've been programming in rust for two years now, I feel like a jackass for not learning c++ or java in university.

Attached: 253.png (600x814, 315K)

shouldn't be that hard to pick up either if you know rust desu

Because hjkl? You don't find it difficult controlling the cursor with your non dominant hand? Are you sure you're left handed?

emacs and g++, the patrician's choice

are you for real? Do you type uiop with your left hand?

llvm+vsc

I am left-handed and use vim. It's a tradeoff because you will be able to do ctrl + f, ctrl + b, w, e, ctrl + u, ctrl + d movement commands easier if your left hand is indeed more dexterous than your right hand. There are a lot of movement options. When typing I am comfortable with both hands. I can use hjkl with no difficulty. I would say it is worth it to learn the default controls as a left-handed user. Keep at it!

>Because hjkl?
You should be using hjkl all that much. It's pretty much the same as using the arrow keys, and there's better ways to move around like f
>You don't find it difficult controlling the cursor with your non dominant hand?
I don't know how to respond to this so I'll ask you a question: How do you type words with letters on the right side of the keyboard?
>Are you sure you're left handed?
Yes.

Attached: .jpg (660x330, 28K)

>Compile time tetris.

Attached: 1518336601293.jpg (680x453, 74K)

Hunt and peck with my left hand.

>Hunt and peck with my left hand.
You should probably learn to type with both hands before you worry about your programming environment, desu.

Attached: .gif (426x214, 2.81M)

why did you fuck up his starsoup hair tho

For me:
Command line coding : nano
Text editor: Notepad++
IDE: PyCharm, Eclipse

>ohhh vim those are gud days ha

Attached: 1530325841254.jpg (633x640, 87K)

For me:
Command line coding : nano
Text editor: Sublim text 3
IDE: VB, Netbeans

MCV*

>Netbeans

Attached: 1529760928586.jpg (207x243, 6K)

kys

>netbeans
PLEASE install IntelliJ+CLion, stop hurting yourself like that

Kate

Attached: 1529145502330.jpg (335x1200, 54K)

Kate.

Attached: Kate_16.12.png (1280x916, 458K)

a pencil and a piece of paper

notepadqq on linux.
vs on windows.

Attached: 1525114734464.png (768x488, 550K)

Gedit or Mousepad or whatever. Sublime is nice too.

edlin

Attached: Mcp_-_old_program.jpg (664x576, 31K)

I use the superior C++++

nice, I had no idea Kate has some advanced functions
do you know how good its search engine is?

*g++

Giga Chad Compiler

Wow, that's deep.

Emacs

Obvious Emacs is obvious.

Shouldn't we pronounce C++ as "D" and shouldn't D then be something else because they're too stupid to understand incrementing?

*snap*