ASUS Tranformer Pad

Thinking of getting pic related. They are around 100 € now. Should I go for it?

>Atom Quadcore
>Ultralight, 1 KG
>Extreme battery runtimes
>Tablet+keyboard dock with battery
>x86 CPU

Maybe I will install Antergos if it runs properly.

I think tablets are toys, unless they run with actual x86 processors. Android tablet market seems to be dead.

Attached: asus-t100ha-fu002t-transformer-book-convertible-notebook-intel-atomtm-25-7-cm-10-1-zoll-grau.jpg (960x600, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28Jjf5Ak6Q0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Something like this is tempting to get as a device to throw in my bag and not really care about, and watch a few videos or play some low end games.

Yes, I think of it mainly as a mobile reader. I could also browse comfortly on my couch or travel with it. It would even run AOE2.

I had it to play VNs on but tapping twice to flip pages got old. Now I just don't read VNs.

nah, het thinkpad and install gentoo

Fuck your Thinkpad. Its 2018. I don't want a chunky device, I want something really lightweight. Something that weights 3 KG+ should at least run Mass Effect in 4K without problems, otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

Why would one want a chunky and heavy laptop over a lightweight thin one?

you retarded?

Yoga 520 should be better Imo, but, I personally wouldn't get anything with an atom processor.

I have a POS t100. Mfw 64bit processor with 32 but UEFI

you retarded?

But that seems expensive. Why no Atom, its as powerful as a smartphone CPU but with x86, suffices for browing.

>buying a tablet
>calling anyone a retard

they're good
it's definitely possible to install linux and android, but you have to jump through some hoops to get drivers working

Thats the problem, I also don't know how Linux works with touchscreens.

i run arch on a chromebook, touchscreen works fine with touchegg

maybe better to install android then if you intend to use the touchscreen primarily

it's sad that there's nothing really as nice and microsoft's handwriting detection for linux

>I want something really lightweight. Something that weights 3 KG+ should at least run Mass Effect in 4K without problems
You have to be 18 or older to post on Jow Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=28Jjf5Ak6Q0

I am 23. Go die grandpa. Thick laptops was 1998. But its 2018.

>23
>calls other people grandpa

user...

they're... decent, but you can't upgrade for shit. If you can live with that, sure, get it. If I had 100 euroshekels I'd go for a x201 if you want something tiny and light or a x220 for something slightly larger and just as light.

I have a macbook air AND a x201 around the house and I prefer the x201 by far: a core i5, upgradable dual channel RAM, upgradable drive, excellent keyboard, several expansion ports, the damn thing resists and atomic blast, etc. The only advantage of the macbook air is a higher resolution screen. They weigh roughly the same.