How is spotify still a thing in 2018? Why Apple...

How is spotify still a thing in 2018? Why Apple, Amazon and Google won’t just price them out of the market by offering $1/mo subscriptions or something? They could easily afford that because those streaming services are just loss leaders for big tech companies now.

Attached: B1DDF817-388C-48C7-9EAB-E55666BD467A.png (1200x900, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBY5Lbcc5wE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

spotify had quite a head start and are offering a lot of service (auto generated playlists/curated playlists) from what i hear good customer support, the others are playing catch up

This. I've been using it for years and haven't had a reason to switch. It's genuinely helped me find music I like and makes good lists.

Spotify has the most universal support across devices. It has a native desktop client for all three operating systems (Spotify is on the Ubuntu Store's front page); the most supported service across dedicated digital media players, TVs, phones and even cars.

Their recommendation algorithm is still unmatched

*all three major operating systems

>*all three major operating system families*

Spotify support is actually incredible, I got a response back on an email I sent within a few minutes.

Meanwhile I've been waiting 10 days for a response from Tidal...

Unironically this. I actually have a google music sub but it was just never as good at recommending me new music I might like. Spotify seems to have nailed it.

>How is spotify still a thing in 2018?
Why do people pay for media in 2018? Ignorance.
Our fault for not showing them the truth.

>This much money spent on marketing on Jow Forums

I listen to music for free on spotify because of ublock.

Same as Netflix OP

>Having your head far enough up your own ass >that you think Jow Forums is worth marketing too

Spotify was zealous in their partnership game, even partnering with Uber to integrate their services. In 2014 they released functionality where if you had both Uber and Spotify accounts, you could link the two and play your Spotify music from your Uber ride's speaker system if the driver had it enabled.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBY5Lbcc5wE

Attached: 448745-uber-spotify.jpg?thumb=y&width=810&height=456.jpg (810x456, 39K)

isnt it the only one of them that lets you use it for free

seems that internet companies are really bad with support. something like google or facebook wont have any support.

GPM is a really tough competitor here. Only issue is GPM has less obvious curated playlists.

>Their recommendation algorithm is still unmatched
Lack of freedom is a feature? People should have the liberty to wander to places they don't know about and discover new art that enriches their life.

whats that cat icon?

Maybe I'm a brainlet but last time I tried to use gpm I couldn't manage to add individuals songs to my library - only some dumb radio playlists were available. So I gave up and uninstalled.

You are dumb yes.

Spotify works on just about anything. All of my household's internet-connected devices work with Spotify, including three desktop/laptop computers, five smartphones, two tablets, a Chromecast, a Fire TV Stick, a Roku 2 and an Echo Dot. It works across all of them seamlessly. It's practically *the* universal music streaming service. I can't say that for other services.

Attached: spotify-apps-040417-616x440.jpg (616x440, 41K)

I put my Apple Music subscription on hiatus and when I resubscribed, all of it was gone! It had erased my entire library!

Napster

Spotify is botnet garbage. Uploads your music to others and doesn't update or fix bugs

The Spotify app acts as a remote when I'm playing on the desktop. It's great for when I'm gaming so I don't have to Alt-Tab out to control the music.

*mobile app

>electron
>native
Pick one

>50th most popular website worldwide
>NOBODY GIVES ASHIT ABOUT YOUR SMALL SECRET CLUB JUST BUY OUR SHIT ALREADY

Have you actually used Spotify? You can search and play whatever the fuck you want to. They just also happen to recommend music based off what you normally listen to. Maybe if you just listen to that one Linkin Park album all the time it's annoying, but for the rest of it's nice that it's there.

Literally just sharing my experience and justifying my personal use of it I don't care what you faggots do

How? I thought that webplayer ublock method got patched. I told my friend to do it since he didn't want to pay but he still got ads

18 to post here

Lots of them debuted on spotify.
No joking there are tons of small artists who literally won't pop up anywhere online except on that platform.
Price is cheap too as I split my family package with my friends.
And even before I joined in I just rip songs from it.
Tons of albums.

You can block ads via host file

>MUH TRAFFIC
No
Just ask how many of your friends browses Jow Forums.

Literally everybody I know has browsed Jow Forums before

>browses
>has browsed

Clearly you fall in the latter

Honestly just want Spotify to finally merge bandcamp and soundcloud so we can have one platform for smaller artists. Before one of the others buys them out and we have to deal with only being able to listen to small artists through youtube or itunes.

>Be using Spotify
>Go through bus tunnel in downtown area
>Spotify switches to offline mode
>I leave the bus tunnel and try to play something which requires online access
>Spotify wont play the song because it's still in offline mode with no way to manually tell it to try reconnecting now
>I proceed to wait a minute or two before I can listen to online music again.

>Be using Google Play Music
>Go through bus tunnel in downtown area
>Google Play Music does not have an "offline" or "online" mode, but does have an easy way for me to browse my offline music
>I leave the bus tunnel and try to play something which requires online access
>Google Play Music immediately proceeds to play the requested music (because again, it was never in "offline mode" and does not need to "switch" back before it will attempt to play online music.)

Spotify is fucking free, this is real reason why its still n1

you need a new phone mate that aint Spotify's problem

>Happens only on Spotify and not any other music streaming app
>Definitely the phone's fault
Kill yourself shill

Who's offering $1 subscriptions?

just pirate, nigger

Because those 3 companies are useless kike hacks and spotify is actually good for people who enjoy music

You have no idea what youre even talking about, dull twat

this. its the price that most people care about not the quality. thats also why everyone buys the cheapest chink garbage instead of something better.

Because it is literally the best service on the market and just werks, it also helps me find music to pirate.

If you've ever seen two gas stations right next to each other, chances are they have the exact same prices. This is because if one lowers their price, the other will follow, and they'll end up creating a positive feedback loop. The end result is less money for both gas stations.
Actually now that I've written this all out I'm less confident of its validity. Amazon, at the very least, has been known to deploy unconventional tactics to beat the competition. They way they became so financially successful was by selling things at a loss or at almost no markup, simply to drive the competitors out of business. Once they accomplished that they were able to raise prices again and become profitable.

I'm sure these behemoths could easily do something like that in the music streaming industry. Perhaps that just isn't the focus of the upper level management at this time though.

this is something that the dumb consumers should think about when they use things from those big corporations

I don't know. How is paying for music a thing in 2018?

>Lack of freedom is a feature?
Have you ever actually used spotify?

Spotify's library is unmatched. I tried switching to deezer at one point because you could upload some of your own shit, but it was lacking quite a bit. Same goes for Tidal.