What games does user play between programming sessions?

what games does user play between programming sessions?
pic extremely related:
- can be started / interrupted anytime
- no competition, ranks, whatsoever
- runs on basically everything

Attached: 03.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LfQU7ZZ4hpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i have thousands of hours in both peggle deluxe and nights

Candy Crush Saga

im a game dev so basically every game

im paid to play games

This reminds me of why i only have a gameboy emulator with nothing but a tetris rom on my phone. Somehow i never liked normie phone games

yeah i could go for this, or a donkey kong gb rom

Old School RuneScape is a good game for this, just build a pure, fights last like 2 minutes

Pretty much CS: Source

isn't that game dead already?
it has less than half of the players of cs 1.6

youtube.com/watch?v=LfQU7ZZ4hpQ

Attached: Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution_cover.jpg (220x311, 21K)

Not really, I usually play DM servers and they're almost always full 24/7

Just a game or two of Overwatch or Heroes of Might and Magic I/II/III

animal crossing

battefield 4 because it's much better optimised and an actual good game compared to abortionfield 1

Mostly emulators, sometimes a round L4D2. Compiling Retroarch is my main recreational activity since the dev works basically every day for several hours on it.

dark souls 3. I still can't beat midir and I literally wanna kms.

Attached: Assan.jpg (556x712, 224K)

you mean what games i play between masturbation sessions and youtube binges

Recently I've been playing monster hunter world, hollow knight, and dark souls 3.

Sometimes I can't stop playing idle games like cookie clicker though. The game is all about optimization and it can just go on forever, changing strategy constantly, but there's no leaderboards to make you feel stressed about getting high scores. Right now I'm playing realm grinder which is really intricate and neat

What languages does /v/ program with in between stupid games for children?

ayy just got off cs1.6

n-no! masturbation is a sin
please only post if you're older than the game in OP

Sorry.

What languages does /v/ program with in between stupid games for children in the year of our lord one thousand ninety-nine?

I (op) develop in c++. Never visited /v/ tho

Patrician.

KOTOR2
Factorio
Screeps
Civ5
Cities Skylines
Hearts of Iron IV

>and they all run perfectly on linux

Attached: 1530063569025.png (1280x720, 872K)

I love cs 1.6. Haven't played in years. Now I mostly play Dota 2, as everyone days at my day job.

what's this game called? it looks cool

Dragon Mania Legends

I wish it was still popular. I had a lot of fun with this game years ago.

CS 1.6 Master Race Reporting In

I rarely play these days but it's either 1.6, CSS, TF2 or Mount and Blade: Warband

Arma 2 with DayZ mods with a friend. Found a way to dupe money

2048, Tetris, I also have in the past set up a multiplayer game of Civ 5 on a separate screen / machine that we occasionally make moves on throughout the day. pretty comfy

Source. I like 1.6, but I like Source better for bhop servers etc.

Quake 3
For the same reasons

Midnight Club II.

I wonder how he'll react that the 'kids' that play games as casually as people in the past enjoyed music or movies are getting into their mid-late thirties

risk of rain mostly

Orange box update killed true 100 Tic Source servers. That was real bunny hopping. Legit 1.6 crouch hopping is truly pro tier. Not fucking binding duck to your scroll wheel. Double tapping duck in the correct rhythm was the only method allowed in client or lan tournaments. Binding duck to scroll wheel was an illegal bind.

I do my arena cap and mythic dungeon in WoW each week.. That's about it

muh nga

sudoku

Xonotic, league (not anymore, thank you, riot)

Yes I know, I don't know even why I don't play 1.6 more though. I don't really think about it that much, it's pretty much habit for me at this point. Might as well try 1.6 today again. I just want some servers for chill play where I can relax with some good music but not playing against bots. Shame it's literally impossible in GO and they broke every useful movement mechanic in name of "muh competitive".

These newfangled gramophones are kids toys, they'll never catch on with productive adults!

>at work
Block out 2
Super Tux Kart
(All on Windows)

>at home
Dude Sex
VTMB
Half-Life
Thief
Morrowind
(All on GNU/Linux)

spoken like a true twelve year old who has no idea what game development is

South America and non steam have kept 1.6 alive. Either way I'm grateful that it's still around. Just search for servers with
>users currently playing
and you'll be able to find legit populated servers. Despite what some say, there are still a lot of people that play 1.6

Same applies to Source though, with the difference being from what I noticed, classic modes are often populated by germans and all those aim, bhop, etc. servers are mainly populated by russians, but it all might be just coincidence. I'm just glad I could find some servers where it's unironically fun to be around and just play for a while.

ESEA pulling the plug on Source and 1.6 hurt both community's really bad. Torbull should be shot for approving that. I wish there was still a legit client that was actually conducive to actual competitive play.

reminder that of you play video games, you're a loser. in between programing,I fuck 10/10 cutie.

>having to switch to non steam because steam wont work on xp next year
thanks valve

Ain't you the annoying nigga who sends those requests.

Attached: 1516054963158.png (457x400, 385K)

I've been pubbing for a couple of years (used to play a lot 2005ish), good servers are ugc.lt (always busy) wristhax and lgkclan (better community but only busy usa nightimes) Good admins on them all though.

diep.io tag mode during the day

>Dude Sex
>VTMB
>Half-Life
>Thief
>Morrowind
>(All on GNU/Linux)
how to get morrowind and thief for lubuntu spoonfeed me pls

I'm just going to install linux when this happens. Non steam clients typically have broken audio codecs. Steam players are unable to hear non steam players. I haven't found a non steam client that has actually addressed this issue.

>HOI4
wew

It's actually really shitty on valve considering the reason why they're pulling support for XP is because of fucking google chrome.

i couldnt play without voice_enable 0 and keep my hair intact (can only hear br's shouting for so long)

Morrowind you can use openmw a open source rewrite of the Morrowind engine. It runs damn good

I try to stay away from games because I'm a weak-willed terminal procrastinator.

>talking with other people in videogame
can someone explain this meme to me? or am I the retarded one here?

>what is teamwork

Install wine
Install Steam
Install MW
Install OpenMW (better engine)
Buy Thief on GOG
Install through Wine
???
PROFIT

I don't play games.

>wine
>Here's your input lag, bro (after 10 fixes)

what is ingame chat?

Grim Dawn

A place full of dumb brazillians and/or polaks. You need an actual fluent accent to earn the right to a non-muted voice chat and to be paid attention to.

hud_saytext_internal 0 is also helpful for disabling chat when playing in br servers.

any pub game play outside of 10 mans or competitive play I always disable chat. It actually helps a ton to focus and not have chat text constantly in the field of view.

Absolutely none in any of the games I posted, and I play on a T420

Right, call me when you've played on at least a 3770K OCd to compare

Autism

Prismata, chess

touhou

Counter-strike 1.6
The original cs from 2000

Man I wish I could play, but all servers with

thanks friend I'll check it out

If we're at useful commands:
cl_filterstuffcmd 1
Prevent shitty servers from overwriting your config.
This is pretty a new thing, came in the last two updates (2013 one, made better in 2017 one)
Also this made me realize that in the last 12 years there were two updates total to cs 1.6.
I guess you dont need to fix what's already perfect

this

Attached: 1530163357294.webm (396x586, 1.9M)

Slightly off topic but it looks like a new beta is being tested (check the community forum, people having install probs etc) so that's another update coming out!

My neighbor

Dark souls1 for me, I can't beat Taurus demon.
Yes you no need to mention to me how noob I am.

based , same here while studying algorithm and data structure

am i the only one here who just continuously works on code for hours, and when doing something else, is not going back to programming till the next day?