Hey guys /trv/ler here. What would be the best laptop for traveling?

Hey guys /trv/ler here. What would be the best laptop for traveling?
Considering pic related 13 inch MacBook Pro with touchbar but looking for alternatives.

Attached: 5721601cv14d.jpg (3701x3309, 960K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1SWi6LlFGjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Macs are absolute shit for travel due to fragility. Get a Thinkpad T or X series.

Typing this from my MacBook Pro 2017 non Touch Bar.

Don't get it for travelling. You'll constantly be worried about fucking it up or pressing the lid too hard and cracking the screen or scratching it.

Get a cheaper laptop. user above is not wrong with his suggestions. ThinkPads are decent because nobody gives two shits about them so they probably won't get stolen + you can scratch/bang them up a bit and it doesn't look like utter shit.

in saying that, this is still a great laptop. just my opinion.

Dell xps 13

Attached: 1527221903786.jpg (676x673, 126K)

Dell used to make 11-inch Alienwares that were perfect for traveling. I had one and it survived college dorm life where it got thrown off a table and vomited on. After that, it went through four different countries, a west coast road trip, and then occasional trips between other people's houses. Now it belongs to someone else who's still using it. It wasn't heavy, even when packed with the power adapter. It's kind of ugly though. Of course they're out of production now. It was my only PC for a long time. Basically, if this is going to be your only laptop AND you're going to bring it everywhere, it needs to be under 15" and built to last. MacBooks are my last choice.

Why would anyone switch to Mac now and not 6-7 years ago?

Attached: 1317859581278.png (550x535, 537K)

Not him, but I've kinda been used to Final Cut Pro already, so for what I'm doing now I might have to get it just to be able to edit on the go.

Surface pro 2017. So comfy.

Attached: DexZTylUEAEiQFq.jpg (1200x1697, 286K)

travelling how/where?
away from power sources for long periods?
how important is ruggedness?
water resistance?
?

Anyone who spent some time working on the move will tell you the same. You would be stupid to get anything else.

gtfo with youe gay bullshit

why would you be worried? it's just a fucking tool, treat it like a dumb slab of plastic and you'll be fine

>MacBook

Isn't that the one with dying keyboard?

The late 2013 wasn't too bad and you can get that one for a decent price.

Unironically a used macbook air 2013-15.
Great battery, lightweight, decent ports, and theyre 400-500 bucks

Don't get the current gen MBP, get the old one. The new keyboard fucking sucks and gets jammed all the time. And trying to remove the caps (To clean under) without snapping them is almost impossible. I have done this many times.

I'm waiting until later this year when they will hopefully announce a new MacBook and actual functional keyboards.

Also, USB-C is fucking terrible. My ports are constantly getting loose and now I can barely even charge my MacBook anymore.

On my old MacBook Air (With MagSafe) this literally never happened. The magnetic power plugs are the best thing they ever invented. Switching to USB-C was absolutely retarded.

whatever the last x series convertible that came with removable batteries was

If you're not a certified retard you'll be able to transition to another NLE with minimal trouble.

>You would be stupid to get anything else.
Literally fuck yourself to death you cum gargling rabid piece of shit

Nah bro it's the one you can't afford

How is this even a question?
Get a thinkpad. The thing is built like a tank

Get a Thinkpad, X or T series.

I travel a lot with my t540p and bunch of people are pressing my bag, even punched twice and other shit that would make any laptop destroyed, my t540p is still working nice like new.

macbooks get stolen

OP don't listen to this faggot Love your money and get a cheap thinkpad T or X Series and never worry about it being broken and stolen.

It is very sturdy and cheap so you feel abundant about this machine.

I recommend something like t440s/t450s fhd screen if you don't need great perfomance and great battery or t440p with i7 quadcore if you need perfomance.

Thinkpad X series for maximum portability.

The asshurt of applel cucks is the best I've ever experienced.

Attached: 1528066314401.jpg (1000x1243, 339K)

>Steve Jobs 'regretted trying to beat cancer with alternative medicine for so long'
Just holding the phone different didn't seem to work for him...

applel cucks are the worst.
I can't imagine anyone unironically spend 1500 > euro for laptop, while there are something like thinkpad that you can spend up to 500 euro with fhd, great keyboard and durability.

My thinkpad cost 400 euro and have quad core cpu with 7800 passmark point that will last probably for 10 years.

For these 10 years I doubt I will use it, it will end probably to my lil brothers hand.

if you’re away from power for any length of time get a ThinkPad with user replaceable batteries and get a couple of the extended batteries. They make the laptop bulkier but the extra run time is worth it imo.
Also they are more durable than a lot of other options.

Get a thinkpad X200 or X230. Why?
- really inexpensive
- durable
- lots of ways to fix if it breaks and/or recover data from, very much unlike modern apple laptops

Attached: thinkpad x230.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Buy a Thinkpad and install your favourite Linux distro on it. Any other answer is a meme.

Can I stream from this (eg. to Twitch)? That requires a fair amount of CPU. Very important for my needs

You can't do anything on such a small display. It's just an useless brick at this point.

>you can't do anything on such small display

This is total bullshit. I have an X230 which is my portable machine for University and Work. I'm going to graduate in November and part of the merit is by that good, portable and solid machine.

Just because you have zero technical requirements beyond shitposting is no reason to recommend that garbage to others.

Traveling? Cheap Chromebook running crouton and encrypted Linux distro.

I must GAYME on my HUGE display so everyone in public can see my GAYMING!!!! BASED FORTNITE AND LEAGUE AND DAUNTLESS

you must be retarded

macbooks are very fragile to liquid damage (louis rossmann on youtube if you want to see for yourself) best advice

>recover data from

>he doesn't make backups
opinion discarded

Like any non-protected electronics... There just isn't anyone like repairing lenovos like louis.

On the other hand lenovos have shit screen and battery, basically the worst possible choice if you ever leave your house.

X1 Carbon / T480s

Modern Thinkpads have great screens with loads of NITS, great for outdoor use.
And (hot-)swappable rear battery means you can bring some extra batteries and literally work for days without needing an outlet.

I've used by T460p in the rain a couple of times.
Never a problem.

they are not completely water proof but they are built to handle spill, humidity and fall damage way better than macbooks, a little bit of cum sipping into your keyboard wouldn't ruin your thinkpad. don't really understand how you could recommend anything but a thinkpad to someone who are planning on using it outside, when you could almost say they are built for just that.

youtu.be/1SWi6LlFGjk

Found the camwhore

and maximum overprice

Hahahhahahhaha Google up butterfly keyboard!

>traveling with a MacBook

I hope you enjoy being mugged or having your luggage stolen.

Why are people filling the 542684642th thread on this topic? Stop shilling companies and just let these threads sage..