NTFS or ReFS?

Just got a new backup drive I'm encrypting. What filesystem is best? I hadn't even heard of ReFS until now. It sounds nice, but will I regret picking it over NTFS?

Attached: filesystems.png (602x399, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/08/microsoft-to-remove-full-refs-support-from-windows-10-pro-push-workstation-sku/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/08/microsoft-to-remove-full-refs-support-from-windows-10-pro-push-workstation-sku/

Guess MS doesn't want most people using it yet, so I won't.

btrfs.
also, Ntfs is the worst FS in use today.

For backups? ReFS if you're using Veeam or something else which supports block cloning.

HFS it's way worse than NTFS

>move your mouse to increase crypto strength
lmao, unless you're using a mouse with 1000 polling & 10000 DPI like a retard with a stroke, i'm pretty sure there are better random generators out there

Zfs is industry standard for non brainlets

Btrfs is too cutting edge and unstable. I use it on my laptop and got "btrfs error open_ctree failed." I was able to fix it with a command but if it failed you'd be out of luck with your data.

HFS isn't really in use anymore (APFS is). Anyway, that's just whataboutism, you buttmad pajeet.

>ZFS
>Windows
god you're retarded

>using windows for managing your backups

Who's the retard now

>#1 piece of backup software
>runs only on windows
found the retard who has never set foot in a data center

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 11.19.17 PM.png (1026x756, 74K)

>not making your own backup software
ISHYGDDT

stay butthurt user

>>#1
Why do you like making shit up? Any data center worth its salt would avoid using Wangblows for that shit. ZFS is industry standard and Windows doesn't support ZFS. Try putting two and two together.

>ntfs in a data center
B O Y

You know you can have the pc managing the backup be zfs or whatever, and then when you connect from a windows client, you can still access the data right? If you want to play big boy data they'd use a clustered file system

Unless you are running Enterprise or PfW, then it is pointless to use ReFS because you cannot create.

>projecting

>i've never worked in corporate IT in my life

how retarded are you that you cant even read a post or respond coherently

you retards keep on larping about a filesystem which is incapable of things like scale out

>None
That sounds like the best one.

and you have?

>no support for Win7

Nope.exe

>zfs can't scale out
>demonstrates he's never used a dbms before
>nfts is the best

Attached: d27_0.png (645x729, 75K)

>some user who has cracked enterprise class backup software to run at home surely has never worked in IT
stay retarded user

you dont even know what dbms stands for do you? or what scale out storage is?

No it isn’t. HFS+ is actually better than NTFS just because it’s worse than ext4, it doesn’t mean that shit NTFS is better.

Also, that’s why Apple has replaced it with APFS 3 years ago. Lmao.

ReiserFS

Keep bragging about you're shitty help desk job at a small office. No large scale corporation with half a brain uses ntfs

>Linux doesn't have scale out storage
>what is lvm
>what are zfs pools

Attached: C_Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved_Images_1528416920397.png (645x729, 71K)

>automatic integrity checking and data scrubbing, removal of the need for running chkdsk, protection against data degradation, built-in handling of hard disk drive failure and redundancy, integration of RAID functionality,
yes
> a switch to copy/allocate on write for data
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why does every fucking filesystem that has data scrubbing have this retarded cancer.

>No large scale corporation with half a brain uses ntfs
Just about any large scale corporation uses things like AD/Exchange/MSSQL, and windows boxes dont supporting booting off ReFS so good job proving how retarded you are yet again.

ReFS does CoW always, its integrity streams which require enabling, and its not like thats hard

Set-FileIntegrity 'D:\' -Enable $true
Get-ChildItem -path 'D:\' -Recurse | Set-FileIntegrity -Enable $true

Also that file name.

ZFS is fun for some home users. It is no industry standard, requires too much hardware and even then performs somewhat poorlu.

XFS and ext4 are the main industry standards for filesystems.

And you clearly dont know what scale out storage is you retard, pic related is 2 node scale out, zfs pools/lvm are not scale out

Attached: 10GbE (S2D SOFS Rebuild).png (3360x2100, 533K)

No, I want data integrity WITHOUT CoW cancer. CoW only makes sense on servers where you want to roll back to an old working state. It's retarded if you want to put it on a seedbox raid array.

You do realize CoW is how it prevents metadata corruption from flushes not completing?

>you need to use ntfs for mysql
>backend has to be windows for window boxes to access data

Retard

You can have lvm or zfs pools on multiple nodes. The entire point is that it's not tied to hardware. Also there's distributed file systems for that specific use case if you want to be ultra smug. Just because your meme office uses an ill fitted tool for the job doesn't mean it's good practice

>distributed file systems
So what you're saying is that OpenZFS doesnt do it? alright

And you are claiming that NTFS is a distributed file system? You specifically said lvm/zfs is not scale out which is horse shit.

zfs can only scale out with glusterfs. and then its not zfs which is actually scaling out but glusterfs. and you're just nigger rigging on fs on top of another.

>NTFS is a distributed file system
Both NTFS and ReFS since at least Server 2012R2

>2012R2

But it's not

whats not?

mahhhh nigga

that's like saying mcdonalds makes the best cheeseburger because it is the #1 best selling cheeseburger product.

in reality the people that arent fucking retarded just make their own burgers at home and they are actually good.

no I love my wife

FUCK THE COW HATER. If it weren't for btrfs I would have had to trash my pc three years ago instead of this year, after I fried the board.
No other system can handle sudden poweroutage/freezes as elegantly as COW. I don't fucking care that you are incapable to set up some flags for your retarded databases. Get fucking stomped.

>Jow Forums making anything
My sides

How can a filesystem be "cutting edge and unstable"? isn't it just a set of regulations on how data is stored and read? Basically just a bunch of math? Is it because OSs don't properly support it or what?

>isn't it just a set of regulations on how data is stored and read
It's a set of regulations... And then code that does it.

> Basically just a bunch of math?
That's kind of what computer program kind of is. btrfs code is 115k lines long, there's space for things to go wrong.

>115k lines
This sounds like a lot of code for a filesystem.

I thought Veracrypt was compromised.

You mean truecrypt?

yeah. Didn't someone say that people weren't allowed to make forks of truecrypt, yet Veracrypt still exist?

>using a WIP file system
lol, enjoy losing all your stuff

?
Who said that?
The truecrypt team went awhol or something years ago and the Veracrypt team decided to "fork" it and continue development as well as have a community/people to look through the code incase anything was "wrong".

Some shit data centres you have been to. Probably some eastern yuropoor shit, they like microsoft products over there.
Every sensible company runs ZFS.

I use ntfs for my nas, I wish I did ntfs but it's not too big of a deal.

Do ntfs without a doubt

You're retarded

Mouse movement is external input. There are no algorithims to determine randomness that can be reverse engineered.