Feel spider crawling up on arm

>feel spider crawling up on arm
>panic and stand up to smash it
>knock external HD onto ground mid-write

Not even seeing any partitions on it when I plug it in, it just sits there and spins, no clicking or anything. Should I try removing it from it's enclosure? Or just come to terms that my shit's gone?

Attached: reeeee.jpg (600x600, 54K)

It's fucked

>autistic anime image
>does something extremely autistic
No surprise here guys.

Attached: 1525460576456.png (3000x3000, 945K)

You can probably use some sort of recovery software to get most of the data back

it was a pretty big spider senpai

>fucked up mechanics
>use recovery software

It's gone. Forget about recovery software, you physically damaged the disk.
You could get some data professionally recovered, but we're talking $2000 here. If the data is worth that much to you then you have a chance.

Next time though, don't use an external. Do the Jow Forums thing and make yourself a NAS

>complain about autistic anime posters
>on autistic anime website
>while posting the autism frog

Attached: 1530262781624.jpg (257x320, 29K)

let this be a lesson that you always buy backups

I guess this is as good of an excuse as any to finally build a NAS, then. What's the Jow Forums recommended solution?

serves you right for trying to kill Spiderbro

Oh, and Satania is shit.
Gabriel is much better.

Stay mad, autistic Sataniafag.

Attached: 1523664270397.jpg (249x249, 8K)

That's what you get for beeing a pussy.

does it start up?
i once had my cat drop my external hdd while it was being used and it stopped working, i opened the case, bought a torx screwdriver, opened it and the head was stuck in the platters, it's working completely fine now albeit for a couple of bad sectors
but if it's out of warranty then you should take a look inside and try to fix the head, just watch some videos before you do anything

>not cirno
>being this unhelpful and insulting

Attached: 1527085426531.jpg (400x400, 16K)

This, spiders are bros. Spiders eat shit tier insects like flies and roaches and seem to exhibit intelligence related to engineering (web building) and trajectory calculations (jumping spiders accounting for gravity and wind) along with dance and mimicry.

Killing spiders is a dick move

For you

How the fuck did you do your set up that allowed that to happen?
also this

based spiderbro causes autist to obliterate his HD

Not OP, but spiders should know their fucking place. I don't mind if they're just hanging out in some corner or something, and sometimes I'll try to relocate the spiders outside if I can, but if they're dumb enough to crawl onto some massive titan, it's just natural selection if they die.

Spiders are inofensive to people, you stupid fuck!

>t. spider

Most male spiders die without ever mating.

Be nice you two.
We're all fellow shitposters in here.

Attached: satania_frog.jpg (717x713, 104K)

This happened to me recently. Plug the spider in (mini-usb port on the back). Your files should be there. You may need to download the latest spider driver from sourceforge.

Just like 4channers

Came here to post this

As I recommended it I'll help you here.
A NAS can be just anything with hard drives in it. My recommendation is to find or use an old PC, install Ubuntu server on it, and just set up a samba share. Follow some online guides (digitalocean is good) and it'll be up and running in no time.
All you need is a PC you can leave on 24/7 that you can put hard drives into. Install ubuntu server, setup a samba share, and then mount/access them from whatever computer you like.

For bonus points, buy a lot of hard drives and have a massive RAID array.

Oh one thing I missed: You'll want ethernet, preferably gigabit. If your router is shit, get a gigabit switch to go between you and your NAS so you get good speeds.

Might as well try taking it apart, if the USB is soldered directly to the PCB on the HDD then it's fucked, if you're lucky then you can salvage it by plugging it into internal sata.

Toshiba, WD are all soldered directly to the HDD PCB, Seagate is a mix depending on if you buy the slim versions or regular versions.

Wow, mods are ruthless when it comes to frogposting

Attached: 1517892415204.png (1000x1000, 223K)

such that they even deleted me pulling his ear
i had a pretty big and helpful comment on hdd repair too

Attached: 9904375_1529693859.png (247x247, 80K)

Just restore from your backup