Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect anons making their own threads with >previous

Attached: carmak.jpg (938x706, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jagt/clumsy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In Wunderlist does anyone know of a good way to deal with holidays that change their date each year? (UK mother's day, fathers day, easter, etc.)

Got a new computer and didn't realize it had a magnetic filter on the top part of it.
My external hard drive (pic related) has been sitting on top of the filter's magnet for a week.
Will this cause any problems with data integrity? I have tens of thousands of files on it, so I can't individually check for corrupt files.
I'm getting paranoid that my harddrive is going to brick any time now because of this.

Attached: elements.jpg (1068x536, 35K)

i replaced an iphone 6s screen(swapped home button, sensors, front camera to the new screen) but it doesnt turn on.

it also doesnt turn on with the old display. i test it without the brackets installed, just the cables, i assume that doesnt matter?

what could be the problem?

Is there an android app that can do ssh connections tona remote server? Would that be an interesting concept?

Hello Jow Forums ,
I'm trying to install debian9 on an old PC but he doesn't detect the HDD, how do I know what pilot I need ?

Attached: welcome.jpg (750x629, 57K)

update:
it seems the display works, but no backlight. when i shine flashlight it does work, so i guess i damaged it by not removing battery commector first.

what can i do pls help

Best Android app for getting dnscrypt and dnssec going?

Any good git tutorials recommendations? I don't want to read a 500 page book or a youtube tutorial done by a 14 yo

Official docs

You might've had missed it, but I said I didn't want a 500 page book

When I use mobile data on my phone, it is af it isn't showing all notifications or updating as frequently as I'd like. Turning in WiFi often gives me tons of notifications at the same time. Can I disable this shit feature and have it act normal?

The official docs aren't a 500 page book

>The official docs
all I see there is a reference manual and a 517 page long book

Never going to make it with that attitude

>with that attitude
you mean with the attitude of using your time effectively? how's the arch ricing going on?

I got a new ceiling fan. When its lights are off but the fan is rotating (say, nighttime), the fluorescent light bulbs flash dimly once every 5 seconds or so. Doesn't seem like the frequency matches the blades. It's not enough to light the room at night, but it still raises concern.
What could be the cause? What should I do?

Attached: fan.jpg (280x210, 20K)

>how do i do X
>go to google
>spend 5 hours searching

>how do i do X
>read man page
>search man page
>answer found in 5 minutes

reposting

Are there any programs that allow you to use speech recognition to input text, then convert said text to text to speech?

I play a lot of VR but have no balls and can't talk, so I'd like to use tts without being at my keyboard.

Train your voice actor skills.

>go to google
I wasn't asking for an advice on how to use google, but for recommendations
You recommend things you've tried out yourself, which worked for you, to spare someone the hurdle of wasting time on checking N positions by himself.
I asked this question instead of googling specifically to save time on some bloat or incompetently prepared materials, but instead I'm arguing with someone telling me to waste time on random stuff from google.
>read man page
please, don't ever be a teacher

>teacher
>read chapter 5 pages 117 to 125 it will be on the test tommorrow

>you
>i shouldnt have to read any chapters because you should tell me everything i need to know and give me an A because i refused to study

My voice is fine, but I'm an autist that's afraid of communication.

>read chapter 5 pages 117 to 125 it will be on the test tommorrow
And as you can fucking see, a teachers job is to point specifically to what his pupil has to read instead of the whole fucking book. He has to optimize efficiency, by selecting materials so you get the best bang for the buck which you can't do by yourself because you don't have the knowledge of the domain so if you've tried this shit on your own it would take you 5 times more than it should.
Jesus, do you people even know how "learning" works?

>do you people even know how "learning" works?
By doing things for your self.

Please spoonfeed me on mpv scalers. Which one produces a decent image quality without dropping frames on Intel HD4000?
Also wasn't there a dedicated /mpv/ thread?

>By doing things for your self.
You walk a path of a true neet.
It's a fact that supervised learning is times way efficient than self educating. Both time and quality wise, but you lonely people just have to make a point.

Filters dont really do anything.
Its more of a metric for config autists to show how one pixel in the bottom right corner is sharper then the pixel on the top right

Im telling you to RTFM. Literally. You want to know everything about git, how else are you going to learn if you dont read and try commands?
there i have supervised you.

i7 8550u
14 inch fhd ips
512gb pcie ssd
16 gb ram
mx 150

for 1200 usd

any good?

Attached: 14ce0001no.jpg (502x334, 27K)

>You want to know everything about git
No, I don't want to know literally everything about git, I'll forget it anyway. I want a pareto rule on git to use it like it's used in 90% of use cases. If I'll need more, I'll rtfm.
That's why I'm asking for recommendations not a googling advice. That's all supervision I need from you all. I thought that was clear.

>how do i do things but i refuse to look at the thing that is created for the sole purpose of informing you on how to do the said things.

can someone help me writing a batch file for OpenVPN that will allow me to quickly change the server by disconnecting from the previous one and then connecting to a new one of my choice? there's a shitload of options there and i don't know which ones should defnitely be included
and yes, i want the username/paasword to be in the batch file so i can just run the bat file and it will do everything

ok, you're useless

So are you :^)
RTFM
Simple.

Why are light colored areas on lcd-screens bordered by red and blue subpixel lines?
Why can't or won't they shine like all the others?

you think he still uses that beauty?

There's an online version of that book you know, and you don't have to read the whole fucking thing. I learned git just by skimming that very online version of Pro Git.

dumbass
(logged in to say this)

is there a program that will just add words to each line of text
I have a username list but copy+pasting is so slow so I want to put the website infront of the username so I can just create hotlinks

I didn't say it wasn't fine. I basically said not to use your own voice.

If you are so autistic that you have to filter your voice communication through speech-to-text then text-to-speech, why even bother with interactive shit? Go play a single player game nigger. If it were me I'd pipe my mic through a DAW and apply a bunch of effects to make my voice unrecognizably badass but I think you're probably too impaired to figure that out.

This, like what the fuck?

You want to talk on mic and interact but at the same time dont want to.
You clearly have an issue with youre voice if youre so sensitive about people hearing it

Damn, wish I gave that advice instead.

I am incredibly frustrated over me not knowing how to change CMD directory to desktop

FUCK

now it's C:\WINDOWS\system32>
and I need to change the path to my desktop and I want to die because I have no idea how to fucking do it

if i look through files on a windows 10 system (that i don't know the password of) through a live linux usb, does it track the last accessed time when checking it in windows? stat in bash says no, but i wanna be sure

cd c:\users\username\desktop

I've been using an i5-4570 for over 5 years is it worth upgrading to a Ryzen CPU or should I just wait?

eh doing a voice/using a voice changer would still be an issue. Call it anxiety.

The issue isn't my voice, it's actual conversation I'm shit at. Using TTS gives you a bit more time to put your thoughts into words and removes any semblance of natural inflection, which is what I prefer.
I do enjoy communicative interaction though. I used to get really drunk before playing so I could chat, but it stopped working altogether after a while.

OK what the fuck is going on with my FireFox. It keeps timing out of new tabs. If I open Youtube, it will start "loading" but it won't show the homescreen or any of the youtube screen, it will just say "done" and then show me a blank screen. It does this whenever I press "open in new tab" or sometimes if I just navigate to a new page.

okay thanks, do you know how to open powershell in specific folders? I am supposed to do that but I don't get the option to do that when I right click

I need to get the filepath in powershell to a desktop folder

Just accept sounding like retard at first, retard. After a while your brain will adapt and eventually sound like a Chad.

Complete avoidance definitely isn't helping.

If anything, start vocal and consonant annunciation exercises in the morning, and maybe start talking to yourself when you're alone (narrating what you're doing for example) until you start getting comfortable enough to at least start talking to real people.

You don't know whether the current devil you know is better than a change. At least try.

Also, this is starting to become

press shift and then right click, so the menu item appears

thank you, the paki tutorial I am watching said something press qpowerikwåepot + right click and open powershell and I was tearing my ass hair trying to figure out what he said

Run a disk checking utility and move it somewhere else if you're so paranoid

Just dont be a pussy lil bitch
When you log off no one will remember you anyway

How do embedded systems work? as a platform? Is there an OS? Necessarily? How do compilers fit in this?

There are quite a few on the Play Store

((((they)))) are coming for you

I've been doing a bit more to get outside of that comfort zone, mostly just brief quoting of memes. Hadn't thought about doing exercises while alone. Can't hurt giving it a try. I don't really have issues formulating thoughts in general, or communicating with friends/family.
Definitely agreed on this turning into Jow Forums, was hoping to avoid that lel.
Appreciate the thought regardless.

True. One thought that crops up from time to time is that a lot of the people in there tend to stream, so if you're unlucky that shit can get saved forever.

Shitty wiring.
The brush/slip-ring supplying power to the motor driving the blades is making a connection between the power source and the globe at certain intervals.

Best way to constantly use my entire bandwidth so doing anything is slow or impossible?

In Eclipse CDT:
std::vector foo()
{
// Alright auto-indent.
}

but
using namespace std;

vector foo()
{
// What the fuck auto-indent.
}

This is seemingly regardless of coding style formatter. What do I do wrong (aside from using Eclipse)?

Attached: 1508959336902.png (253x555, 392K)

embedded systems is an umbrella term for "put a micro/fpga/dsp on a board, connect it to some peripherals and do shit with it"
there's no definite platform, everything is very fragmented, you can have an os if you use enough resources or write an RTOS yourself for low ends, but you usually program them bare metal
this is broad mate

There are lists of cracked passwords from some popular websites, such as Ashley Madison, or MySpace.

I would like to know if there are any SOMEWHAT RECENT (not older than 6 years) anime themed password lists.

Of course I would never do anything malicious with this information. I am just asking because of a research paper I need to write.

Look I want this network FUCKED. Is there some sort of infinite ping thing I can do to flood the network so nothing gets through?

Netflix

>ping
Ping sends 84 BYTES of data per packet.
To saturate a 1000megabit network...

That what I'm trying to prevent getting through. Flooding the upload with torrents seems to work, so I'm guessing pinging would work too.
The idea is that it would be sending/receiving data so FAST that nothing else could get through in a timely manner.

please?

Why didnt you just say that

Block netflix in your router settings, and why flood it? Then you cant use the network either dipshit

just ping the shit outta it
type "ping -help" in cmd, add options that interest you and run

I have no control over the router. If somebody is watching netflix (as they indeed do 24/7) I can't do anything I want, like fighting games which are basically my livelihood at this point. If I can't enjoy myself then neither can they. (I'm paying to live in this place with 'internet' included, by the way, so I am entitled to act this way.)

What do I actually ping though? Is there any easy ip like google or some shit?

This is what you might want user
github.com/jagt/clumsy

oh and btw:

I plan on getting and using a Raspberry pi 3b for torrent info/seedbox and NAS what's the easiest way to do this? (Preferably with just 1 pi and 1 HDD)

They likely have the same IP address as you.
Find out what kind of computer and web browser they use. And if it's different from yours, spoof their user agent and download a bunch of CP, then he'll get arrested for it.

if you're asking because of college, then you're going to have some avr/pic/stm/arm micro, most probably a dev board with some fun peripherals for your convenience like displays, buttons, LEDs, potentiometer knobs, so you won't have to design and make one yourself, and you're going to learn 1001 ways of blinking LEDs in machine code/assembly/C. And some serial networks variants most probably.
maybe you'll even see some fpga/cpld action with vhdl/verilog
>How do compilers fit in this?
You have a "microcontroller", which is similar to a "microprocessor", except it's like a microprocessor with inbuilt some additional features on an die, which enables it to stand on it's own, unlike a processor. Those are most notably memory (not much, often volatile and non volatile), I/Os, serial interfaces, D/A converters, etc. They are very task-specfic, they differ in scale etc.
You use it as an ordinary processor, that is you program it in machine code to do task that often involve interfacing with its I/Os and peripherals, which are connected on your board (like LED, joystick inputs, light sensors, distance sensors, power switches, serial links, radio links, thousands of actuators etc).
What you program is very system specific, depending on your board design and specific micro. So instead of bare machine code, you can write your program in C, compile it to the machine code specific to the architecture of your microcontroller and upload the machine code to the memory of your micro with a memory programmer. Some of them even have bootloaders (like arduino) so you don't need a programmer, because the microcontroller is able to "program itself" because it's preprogrammed to be able to download the code from your computer via eg. USB

That's retarded and even if it did work a new tenant would move in.

What are the most valuable parts of a laptop that can be put up for resale?

Attached: [email protected] (954x840, 96K)

>That's retarded and even if it did work a new tenant would move in.

You can also stop being a bitter faggot and get your own Internet access. He has the right to watch Netflix if he wants to. That's something you have to put up with if you continue to use that network connection.

display, keyboard

>get your own Internet access
Literally impossible until I move out, and unless I break the lease that won't be for some time. No, they do not have the right to watch netflix because they're interrupting ME and that's what it's all about.

>using your time effectively
he said while browsing Jow Forums looking for an easy way out of reading the fucking manual.

>nas
>1 hdd
Juts use ftp/ssh/cfs/samba

>seedbox
deluge and qbittorrent are good

nobody has read the git manual.
go fuck yourself

>so I am entitled to act this way
Unless you own the deed/lease, its not YOUR connection it is THEIRS.

>THEIRS
What, the other tenant's? I doubt it. Their inconsiderate use of the internet inhibits my use, so I'm my opinion they can get fucked.

>manchild who cant play his manchild games gets mad when lease owners use their own internet connection.
>cant confront them like a normal person would and setup qos

Is it possible to switch windows to a lower resolution but in a way that doesn’t take up the whole screen? So for example if I have a 1440p monitor and want to use Windows at 1080p can I make it only use a smaller screen space so that it doesn’t take up the whole screen and produce a pixel mismatch?

Attached: A29A2E8D-C754-4C95-A2E3-22B81282108D.jpg (728x546, 93K)

I have been programming for a while but only in C and C++. What's a good book for learning javascript?

They don't speak fucking english, and I think fighting games are a little less manchild than whatever braindead netflix garbage they're into.

>sign lease to be roommate
>cant speak the language of roommates
Sounds like you're just fucking retarded.

Not a roommate. I signed a lease under the impression that I would be getting my own internet connection, not access to a 50m cat 5 cable loosely buried under some dirt.

How do I install this SSD to my laptop?

Attached: IMG_20180630_110814.jpg (1080x1920, 287K)

Move out if they're not holding up on their end of the lease. That or get an internet connection. If you make a living off of fighting games then surely you can afford it.

How? The place literally doesn't have the infrastructure for two connections.

>follow cat cable to junction box
>add your own cable to junction box

I don't think it works that way user.