Pc "enthusiast"

>pc "enthusiast"
>uses windows

Attached: 1530328508858.jpg (500x500, 114K)

muh games, but unironically

>Installs Gentoo
Yikes.
*sips*
*snap*

Attached: 1530320650907.jpg (470x470, 31K)

You're not really a PC enthusiast if you haven't played around with assembly and linkers. Period. You're just a casual if you don't know how your machine works.

on windows i can have access to both widnows and linux where as on linux i don't have access to windows the same way. talking here about WSL

Wot

if you're not poor your motherboard has IOMMU and you can get the full windows botnet experience but "safe" & contained.
I don't see how that's not preferable to faux linux.

WSL is a crappy compatibility layer.

come back when you don't need an extra audio card, extra kb/m or use synergy garbage and extra monitor.

So WSL counts but WINE doesn't? Both are worse than the actual install.

I was amazed how shitty WSL is.It's even worse than those crappy old Android apps that emulated full Linux desktops.It's a god damned joke!

umm no sweetie, there is no large performance penality involved :)

and surly you can mention your issues with it instead of repeating Jow Forums memes

To hell with that nonsense. Install Windows on a dedicated computer,install your games, and only turn on networking for updates.You don't need that garbage for anything else these days.

don't games not run like crap on linux?

>not using your own compiler

Attached: DgSctycVQAEgPNM.jpg (720x489, 71K)

My gripes are the same as everyone else's, it's all well documented crap that I'm too lazy to type, and too long for you to bother reading. Google it if you you honestly care, but you'd be better served just running Linux in a VM on Windows.

Not sure what that has to do with my post, but I had pretty good luck with Wine Staging on Ubuntu LTS. Pretty much every game I ever tried worked reasonably well.

uncanny

Attached: condecendingwonka.jpg (1820x1024, 145K)

>paranoid about security
>uses linux

Attached: 1524038115718.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

I see you haven't tried any DX10, DX11, or DX12 games.

What they mean by “pc enthusiast” as that they are proud “pc gamers.” Woohoo!!!

WSL doesn’t even work properly lmao. Just like Windows

>"""scotsman"""
>wears trousers

Attached: No-True-Scotsman.jpg (2100x1200, 355K)

worked flawlessy for me so far, I use it for haskell, gcc, (c)make, and I think I even had mysql running a while ago. Any concreate cases where WSL didn't work?

>WSL is Linux
Fucking tech illiterate brainlet, fuck off your ignorance is showing.

>pc enthusiast
>uses a pc

I hate it too OP

Attached: 1527993153451g.png (327x300, 85K)

One day - probably when the Seroquel really kicks in - you'll realise the real world doesn't care about your freetarded ideological crusade.

It's like being a car enthusiast while driving a Renault Twingo

>being this mad

Attached: pajeet.jpg (480x360, 22K)

(((You)))

Attached: brainlet-bike.jpg (403x448, 64K)

>Seroquel
over-priced shit