Tfw interested in programming growing up

>tfw interested in programming growing up
>entered programming competitions in high school
>didn't go into CS because market was going down and parents convinced me not to
>go into accounting instead
>now CS grads are making 200k+ starting
>i'm making a third of what new grads are making
what do?
s-should i go back to school or something

>tfw 32 year old boomer that wants more money

Attached: 1527616064147.jpg (1024x1024, 71K)

Why do you need money?

live a more comfortable life

rent is expensive in my city, want a job that i can afford a nicer place to live

a very small portion of new grads are making 200k starting, do you think you'd make that cut?

>CS grads are making 200k+ starting
only the top 3%
the average cs grad is making less than 70k

Idiot. Accounting is the thinking man's choice. Would you rather know a 2000 year old skill that can be applied to literally any business in the entire world or how to write fucking javascript and python? Without accounting there is no need for programming in the business world. All you need to know about programming is enough to tell other people what you want made.

Cute whore.

Yeah most are making much much less.

she a cutie uwu

>Without accounting there is no need for programming in the business world
>92% of the world's money is digital

maybe

>have friend in college, engineering major
>literally failed half of his courses first few years of school
>unemployed after graduating, eventually found a small tech company to work at
>a year later he works at amazon as a software engineer
if this guy can make 100k+/yr, i think i can too

accounting is not difficult though, anyone can do it. python and JS make more money too

partners at my big4 firm start out making 150k, that's 10-15 years down the line to make 150k

after 20-30 years some are getting paid 7 figures (if they have big clients), but it's rare

Attached: 896.jpg (750x734, 59K)

oohhh...
i'd fugg that,
i'd fugg that hard.
then cuddle,
then fugg that hard again.

I'm not talking about being a pencil pusher counting other peoples money, brainlet. All business rules flow back to the accounting equation. Every business is built around an accounting program, not the other way around.

Python is a fucking meme and JS is an absolute joke.

This. Unless you live in LA you're not going to be making that much at all starting out or even after a few years. Most places fresh out of college you'll be making anywhere from 50-70k, around 60k is a pretty standard entry level rate.
Now if you live in LA you could be making 100k but it's also expensive as fucking hell and you'll be competing against 100x as many applicants. Even NYC entry level jobs end up making less than a bumfuck nowhere job because of the cost of living in the city despite the salary being higher

Maybe you're now learning that academics aren't everything. There are lots of people who do poorly in school but, make it in the field that they are interested in.

Attached: why bother.gif (320x240, 164K)

She's a he, look at the bulge

>he actually believes this
there are lots of relatively underqualified people in jobs being overpaid

fake milkers.

Nobody gives a fuck OP. Now post more of that SLUT.

>followed parents' career choice over own desire
>accounting
>big4 firm
chink detected

maybe it's time to embrace the fun side of finance and business shit and learn to trade? you'd already have a fair bit of knowledge that'd transfer over if you're CPA qualified or whatever so it's something you could learn on your own time (and trade your own money) then potentially go professional if that appealed (or don't, work whatever job and just trade your way to wealth over the years if you want the comfy approach)

fug

>Both of these statements can't be true

What the hell did your parents know about CS anyway?

I don't see any bulge