Why is Linux so shit?

>nothing fucking works
>gpu driver support is crap
>wifi never works well
>all Linux programs are trash compared to its Windows equivalents
>no games
>audio is a mess
>tons of different distros
>Linux users are a bunch of elitists fucks who think they are special for using an OS made for servers
>...

Why you turn your life into a hell by using this hobbyst OS and you seem to enjoy it?

Attached: images (7).jpg (557x264, 7K)

i love my own special hell and you cant stop me

>So write something to make it work
>ACPI can only cover so much hardware. Somebody needed a specific GPU to work, so they probably wrote a hacky driver to make it work. Manufacturer's don't have to make it play nice with everything.
>Again, somebody wrote the software to make it work. Make it work yourself.
>There's more than one way to skin a cat.
>no gaems
>fix it yourself
>distros are just lists of software with a package manager
>I am elitist you fucking pleb. Go back to your proprietary software and leave the more hands on approach to the real men.
>...

>mfw just installed OpenSUSE Tumbleweed over Debian Testing
>mfw first actual rolling release distro
at least firefox has thumbnails in the file chooser now

Linux is so shit you are paid in curry to say so.
remember sage goes on all fields

>GPU
nVidia has a great driver support, you just have to install drivers which is something you'd do on windows too.
AMD has flawless drivers for the RX and Vega lines. Only 300 series and older have shitty driver support.
Intel works flawlessly and actually performs better on Linux.

>WiFi
Only the shitty (((broadcom))) wireless cards don't work properly, and devices with those are very rare.

>programs are trash
All essential programs are either multiplatform or better on Linux.

>muh games
30% desktop games, 100% with WINE
100% browser and console games

>audio is a mess
What?

So what?

>Linux users are a bunch of elitists fucks
So are windows users, you're the proof.

I know this is bait but here we go...
>nothing fucking works
Hmm. Everything seems to work for me. Not sure what your issue is.
AMD is supported out of the box on most distros with no setup required. The driver is in the kernel and just werks. On Nvidia you have to deal with installing a proprietary driver which kinda sucks, but Nvidia is to blame for that.
>wifi never works well
The only chipset I know of that has severe issues on most mainstream distros is broadcom stuff. Intel wireless and atheros should work just fine.
Don't blame others for you baby duck syndrome.
>no games
want me to post my whole steam library? cause I totally will.
>audio is a mess
One fair point. It shouldn't matter too much on full desktop installs, as they usually set up pulseaudio for you out of the box, but trying to set all that stuff up yourself on an arch or gentoo install can be pretty rough, i'll admit.
That means if one gets compromised, it's easy to just jump ship to another. It also means that projects can experiment on their own. Decentralization is a good thing. Freedom is a good thing.
I suppose you'd prefer having "Linux Desktop" "LInux Server", and maybe "Linux Phone", all from the same company. Sorry, but Linux isn't locked down like Microsoft's OSes are.
>Linux users are a bunch of elitists fucks who think they are special for using an OS made for servers
No, we think we are special because we realize that proprietary OSes are spying on their users constantly, and we are rejecting that current state of affairs.

I know someone will inevitably be triggered by this, but right now i'm gonna say it:
/ t h r e a d

why can't linux be as easy as windows with installing cracked daws and just installing something simple like asio to get audio working?

If it was simple it wouldn't keep plebs like you out

You don't even need to do that. Audio works perfectly for me on Xubuntu

>nothing fucking works
Works on my machine :^)
>wifi never works well
Depends on the chipset. For my last wifi adapter I had to compile a fixed version of the default drivers to prevent random disconnecting. Since then I bought an adapter from technoethical, which just works.
Most of the software I use now I also used on Windows. Free software isn't tied to Linux and proprietary not to Windows.
>no games
Depends on what types of games you like. You won't be able to play the newest AAA titles, but I'm happy with stuff like FTL, Unreal World, Endless Sky, etc.
And that's supposed to be a bad thing?

It works, you're just dumb. It's a brainlet filter.
>working as intended

Xubuntu 16.04 Master race checking in

Why is Windows so shit?
>nothing fucking works
>wifi never works well
>all Windows programs are trash compared to its Linux equivalents
>no GNU
>audio is a mess
>tons of different versions
>Windows users are a bunch of elitists fucks who think they are special for using an OS made for office drones
>>...

this and checked

>nothing fucking works
False
Nvidia and AMD driver support just werks
>wifi never works well
False
>all Windows programs are trash compared to its Linux equivalents
[citation need]
>no GNU
Who gives a fuck for this bloated piece of crap made by a freetard?
>audio is a mess
t.poettering
>tons of different versions
like loonix
>Windows users are a bunch of elitists fucks who think they are special for using an OS made for office drones
more
for over 30 years dominating the domestic computing market
>>...
?

>nothing fucking works
Ubuntu is pretty much plug and play at this point.
This is the only real criticism. The lack of commercial support for Linux is probably its biggest shortcoming at this point.
If you ignore the elitists and fanboys, there are only 3 or 4: RHEL (or Fedora), Ubuntu and Arch.
There is literally a thread here called 'friendly linux thread' trying to help new users.
>no games
Grow up. If you want to play games, buy a console. You'll get better performance and support anyway.

GCN1.1 series was fixed with 4.16 (buggy power management, fixed in AMDGPU) and radeonsi works well for GCN1.0 GPUs.

>> real men.
You mean real cucks that refuse to use something that already works? "People" that believe making a pile of shit become a slightly functional pile of shit gives rhem purpose because they can't get a job doing real tech work?

gcn 2 is still absolute shit and makes nvidia open source drivers look amazing.

those digits speak the truth

Classic "werks on muh machine". Rather tn refuting his anecdotal claims, you post a lot of anecdotal evidence in return.
I am triggered, triggered by your (((linux))) fetishism.

gpu drivers work fine for every linux installation i've had
>wifi never works well
i don't use wifi because i'm not a fucking retard
the way we think is that most windows programs are trash compared to their linux equivalents, i can't use windows without cygwin now
>no games
use a console or dual boot windows, also this is slowly changing with time
>audio is a mess
yeah
that's a good thing
no we're people who find it convenient for the shit we're trying to do. just because it doesn't suit your needs doesn't mean it doesn't suit ours, it's a tool

Attached: 333maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>nVidia has a great driver support
HAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
AAAAAHHHH
meanwhile on kubuntu
>do you want the proprietary nvidia drivers that are pretty close to windows in performance but fonts everywhere bug the fuck out around the clock in various ways?
>or do you want the "free" driver that makes your gtx 960 perform like a 260 but in theory there's less bugs
cant make it up

contribute to the development of the foss driver then dumbass
>worksonmymachine.jpg

see it's posts like this that make it no wonder why linux is so irrelevant

yeah, you're right, it's not supposed to be relevant. like i said in it's a tool, if you don't like it use something else or make it better

>>nothing fucking works
Works on my machine.
>>gpu driver support is crap
Don't support companies that don't write free drivers.
>>wifi never works well
I use ethernet.
>>all Linux programs are trash compared to its Windows equivalents
Wangblows is for retards.
>>no games
Games are for children.
>>audio is a mess
Audio is fine for me.
>>tons of different distros
Good thing.
>>Linux users are a bunch of elitists fucks who think they are special for using an OS made for servers
Linux is a kernel.

>thats very vague
>my gpu works
>just buy a wifi adapter
>there are linux and windows program overlaps, and i can't really think from the top of my head a linux program that's a direct copy of a windows program
>that's just not true... csgo, half life 1 and 2 i believe, portal 1 and 2, left 4 dead 2, etc.
>again, very vague, good discourse can't occur from blind statements
>and that's a bad thing because...? there's something for everyone
>that's a community problem, not a linux program, thus not a valid point against linux itself

Well said and well rolled

I installed Bitwig and it was just as easy as anything I had done in windows. Just install the demo version and replace a certain folder with the patch. Sound also worked ootb for me with jack, didn't even need to download drivers for my audio interface.

fpbp and best digits

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! HELP ME I HAVE TOO MUCH CHOICE, AHAHAHAHAH I DON'T WANT FREEDOM, I DON'T WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY CHOICES, I WANT TO BE A DUMB NETFLIXLET IN MY COMFY SAFESPACE OS. AAAAAAAAAAH FREEDOM IS SO SCARY I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!

Get fucked dumb communist, go back to Schtalinshgrad.

my biggest issue with WINE is the input lag. I was a pretty top tier rhythm game player when I was younger so even a few milliseconds is pretty noticeable and takes me out of really enjoying it, at a bare minimum it's just enough to bother me and at its worst it can actually affect gameplay.

>be gnome user
>open game
>do so much as turning up the volume in-game
>video hard freezes, impossible to do anything and force shutdown is the only exit
switched to cinnamon since then and never had this issue. game still runs like ass because no gpu driver tho

kek

>arch
>not listing Gentoo, an actually commercially used distro
NASDAQ and Google would like to have a word with you

>nothing fucking works
you're just retarded
That's actually true
>wifi never works well
you're just retarded
Not all of them
>no games
There are plenty of games for Linux in 2k18
>audio is a mess
you're just retarded
Why is this bad?
That's mostly correct

>stop liking what I don't like
You know you can just use whatever OS you want. I don't know why you would complain an OS you don't use is shit.

Attached: full of hate.jpg (500x504, 29K)

It literally works better than Windows at this point. Easier to install, better driver support, works on more hardware, updates won’t fuck you anally without lube, etc.

This board really needs iDs.

It's always bait. Is it that fun to reply to? If these cadillacs just got ignored they'd realize there was something wrong with them. Maybe instead you will realize there's something wrong with you who reply to it, sending my best wishes to that end with this post.

I installed Ubuntu the other day and I had 3 major problems just from the start.

1. No thumbnails meme is real.

2. Freetards say just drag and drop. OK, but then why can't your shitty freetard OS use different view settings for different folders? If you use thumbnail view for one folder, it must be that way for ALL folder. baka

3, I installed MPV. I put in the remove border option and then immediately lost the option to drag corners to resize the video.

Sad thing is... there NO FIXES for any of these problems. Linux is a shitty OS which freetards can't,accept.

ITT: brainlets who choose to shit on something easy to learn instead of just learning it. Ya'll won't last long in tech like that.

>If you use thumbnail view for one folder, it must be that way for ALL folder
This is false. It's dependent on the file manager, dolphin doesn't have this "issue". Most file managers don't care because doing this would be inconsistent.
>put in the remove border option and then immediately lost the option to drag corners to resize the video.
What did you think will happen?

>I installed Ubuntu the other day and I had 3 major problems just from the start.
>1. No thumbnails meme is real.
Use a different file manager.
>2. Freetards say just drag and drop. OK, but then why can't your shitty freetard OS use different view settings for different folders? If you use thumbnail view for one folder, it must be that way for ALL folder. baka
Use a different file manager.
>3, I installed MPV. I put in the remove border option and then immediately lost the option to drag corners to resize the video.
Windows functions the same way with any borderless window.

but you can brag to bunch of autismos here you installed it!

So many people here use Linux, there would be no point in doing that. Nobody thinks they're special, you just have low self esteem.

>Use a different file manager.

No, how about they fix it? Who in their right mind would want thumbnail view for their documents folder?

>Windows functions the same way with any borderless window.

No it does not. On Windows I can resize the video by dragging the edges even with the --no-border option enabled. That's not the case with Linux.

>>nothing fucking works
Be more specific.
We're not in 2008 anymore, user.
>>wifi never works well
Wdym by "works well"? It either works or doesn't. If it doesn't then you're doing something wrong. We'll be pleased to help you with that.
I can only take it as true if you're specifically talking about video and image editors such as premiere and photoshop.
>>no games
It does have games.
>>audio is a mess
Your audio is a mess because your hardware is a mess. ALSA is perfect.
Every distro is different from each other so it's up to you to choose the one that best fit your needs. I call it "freedom of choice".
>>Linux users are a bunch of elitists fucks who think they are special for using an OS made for servers
We don't think we're superior or whatever you think. We just feel sorry for the people who enjoy having a bloated system with spyware.
>>...
?
>Why you turn your life into a hell by using this hobbyst OS and you seem to enjoy it?
I like compiling my kernel, making scripts in order to automate my system, patching the errors I find in programs I use, living in a 100% free software environment...

I can't see the why you hate it so much.

> No, how about they fix it?
Ubuntu makes a polished distro that they seem to like. Don't like it? install gentoo. (or just a different file manager)

>On Windows I can resize the video by dragging the edges
On Linux you can use alt-leftclick to move and alt-rightclick to resize.

>nothing fucking works
Lol.

This is a proprietary driver issue (one that I do not have).

>wifi never works well
This is a proprietary driver issue (one that I do not have -- invest in a foss wifi adapter).

The opposite in my case but I suppose we might be using different programs.

>no games
I only play Dota 2 but so far it's been awesome.

>audio is a mess
This is a proprietary driver issue (one that I do not have).

This is good!

this

>install windows
>have to agree to a license which says nothing actually belongs to you, gives ms a free pass to spy, modify files and sell any information they fetch from the computer to any 3rd party
>get forced updates which break shit left and right
>despite paying $100 for leasing the os you still get ads which can only be disabled by using arcane hacks
>get a desktop which needs an unreasonable amount of ram despite looking plain as fuck

win10 is the worst rolling release os and for microsoft you are nothing but cattle

>install a just werks distro
>everything just werks

>thumbnail view for documents folder
It's useful for me, I have a few pictures there.

>audio is a mess
Try connecting Bluetooth headphones on a Windows PC and opening a communication program, then tell me

>False
you're right, the spyware and ads work great
>Nvidia and AMD driver support just werks
to spy on you and serve you more ads maybe=
>[citation need]
read the EULA for any windows software and see how it's shit
>Who gives a fuck for this bloated piece of crap made by a freetard?
compared to windows which is a bloated piece of crap made by a bunch of poojeets
>t.poettering
WASAPI sucks
>like loonix
is a kernel
>for over 30 years dominating the domestic computing market
i forgot only popular things are good

Attached: baitzerk.jpg (756x1100, 209K)

Honestly, everything has work for me other than Nvidia+Intel combo. Prime doesn't work as well as it does with windblows

>nothing fucking works
Works fine on my 5 year old laptop
and and intel's drivers work fine
>wifi never works well
depends on the adapter, works fine for me on realtek and intel cards
>no vidya
Just dualboot
>audio is a mess
Just install pulseaudio-alsa and it should werk
Why is that a problem?
>linux users are a bunch of elitists fucks who thing they are special for using an OS made for servers
I'm actually interested in it and I like having something to fuck around with

>>nothing fucking works
Everything works out of the box on my machines.
Works fine on my machines.
>>wifi never works well
Works fine on my machines.
Name some examples. They all work the same for me.
>>no games
Stop being 12.
>>audio is a mess
Works on my machines.
OpenSUSE Leap with KDE is the best one.
I agree with this. I'm better than you because I was smart enough to try a bunch of Linux distros until I found one liked while you roll around in your own piss and shit as your Wangblows PC restarts for the fourth time today. But it's okay, because "muh gayemz", right?

>Only the shitty (((broadcom))) wireless cards don't work properly
Even a lot of those will work. I once had a MacBook I got for free with Broadcom wireless and it was the only thing that wouldn't work out of the box on Debian, so I hooked up to Ethernet and installed one of the b43 firmware packages, as recommended by a couple of forum posts found after a quick Google search. Took like 5 extra minutes and then it just worked.

Attached: 1530294327690.png (565x600, 202K)