youtube.com/watch?v=AewSwHcNvGw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/20946304/#q20946458
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_programming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rust and Lua

Lel, PHP sitting at 0

C, C#, JS, C++, x86-64 assembly

I had to put java in 5 as you no go nor nim.

rust and c++

>mfw some guy in this thread is proxyfagging C and python

C++ and Python
C and Lisps are ok

C
C++
Haskell
Perl
Assembly

Where is Common Lisp, GNU Guile, OCaml, Go?

Missing four of my faves, user.

>Python that high
I didn't know I shared a board with so many faggots

>t. 80 year old faggot

>no fortran

>I didn't know I shared a board with so many faggots
It's probably one guy revoting behind a vpn/proxy

>Disliking being able to run your pseudocode

I mean, I wouldn't make anything huge in it, but for any quantity of code you can write or read in an afternoon, Python's best.

Most used rather than favorite:

1) VHDL for hardware
2) Ada 2012 for embedded
3) LabVIEW for prototypes
4) Matlab for analysis

5) for scripting either:
Python (grudgingly) or
unix kung-fu - bash/sed/awk/etc

>mfw when they are the most liked languages here

C, Assembler, Python, Objective C, Cpp

>__main__
>pseudocode

>python 64%
meh

and the funny thing about those fags is the fact that they hate Javascript when ES7 its python with braces

no js is still fucking retarded

Still missing a few important ones because I accidentally pressed enter, but it should be better than OPs:

strawpoll.com/4349bgw9

C
C++
python
rust
go

in this order, use first three at work

Anyone says python is good needs to neck themselves. The weak typing and the garbage dependency system makes it a nightmare to use.

>Assembly
Anybody knows any good books or websites for learning assembly? I don't know why, but i wanted to give it a try for a while now

Oh boo hoo, that little bit of non-pseudocode

if __name__ == "__main__":
main()

isn't even required to execute scripts, and the rest of your script works as I described.

To understand assembly, you need to understand the hardware. Patt and Patel’s Introductuon to Computing systems walks you through digital logic to C.

name a better scripting language

C
Go
ARM assembly
Everything else is shit, unless you count Python and stuff for automation and basic scripting only.

>no prolog
lmaoing desu

ok thanks, I'll take a look at it

Fuck yea part of the C/Python master race.

C, C++, C#, GO, BASIC

Any lang that can give me a reverse shell will do

Haskell, C, VHDL, C++, x86_64/Armv8 Assembly. In that order.

>no erlang
>no elixir

OP please kys

>no lisp
Shit survey

>weak typing
Not the same thing as dynamic typing desu. Python has strong typing.

LISP is the typical Jew language. It's used by academics to demonstrate their abstract bullshite theories and never to accomplish anything in the real word.

C is the Aryan man's language. It was born out of necessity for the purpose of developing the Unix operating system. It's a very pragmatic language.

>java and js beating hasklel
i am very disappointed in you /gee/

Python
Haskell
LaTeX
C
Fortran

Replace LaTeX with Bash

Hi total fucking brainlet here, what exactly is the point of all these languages and what can you build with them?

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 90K)

tfw no go on the poll

You can build anything with any Turing complete language you skrob

Although it may be easier to do certain things in a certain language

really even a raygun?

In theory, you can just any language to build anything. Some are just better at others for particular tasks.

For example, C is very low level (you can directly interact with the hardware) and fast and thus usually used for operating systems or embedded systems. However, it's a lot more difficult to handle than others, say Python for example. Python allows you to write functional code and prototypes very fast, but it's one of the slower languages. It's usually not used for large systems.

>You can build anything that has turing computability to it with any Turing complete language you skrob
ftfy, skrob

Plz tell what is turing computability

perl & c

>C# and Java tied at 42 votes
They're basically the same language. OP probably could have had one option for both of them.

Attached: 1507569662822.gif (384x372, 1.85M)

C# syntax and IDE are a million times better than Java's

something that is computable using a turing machine, you fucking mongoloid.

Different languages are made to deal with different things.

>python
I'd like to revoke your programmer card.

Excuse me, but where the fuck is assembly?

youtube.com/watch?v=AewSwHcNvGw

Attached: scanner-darkly.png (1280x720, 1007K)

anyone that says programming in assembly is their favorite, probably doesn't do much actual programming in assembly

> That roundabout logic
What isn't computable by a Turing machine then??

Ye

lmao there are plenty of things that aren't turing computable

Eh, I imagine they fall into three categories.
>Masochistic freaks.
>Performance nerds.
>Liars who want to look tough on the internet.

I don't think many of them said that out of complete ignorance.

Attached: 0inrLMP.jpg (1200x1697, 120K)

>C
the coziest language. It's pretty much the only thing I use at work (embedded developer) so I've had plenty of time to hone my skills with it.

>Kotlin
It's what you wish Java was, what can I say

>Java
Even if you wish it was Kotlin, it's still pretty damn good

>Python
I rarely use python, but when I have an idea that I don't want to test, I'll make it in python before rewriting it in C or Kotlin.

>C++
Almost never use C++, but I respect those who do use it. Everything C++ does can be done more efficiently in C, or more conveniently in Kotlin, but in the right hands C++ can be unbelievably powerful.

Attached: 1398517797146.jpg (1000x1176, 376K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem
The halting problem is the most famous example. It is the only one that I remember from my undergrad days.

Not quite; or very much at all, really...
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/20946304/#q20946458

>implying IntelliJ isn't the best, most powerful IDE ever created

Attached: bluescreen.jpg (495x600, 242K)

examples or stfu

C
C++ (modern)
MATLAB
Lua
sh

Attached: 1504044717690m.jpg (1024x605, 62K)

>Everything C++ does can be done more efficiently in C
If you are talking about the performance of well-written code, then C and C++ are pretty much tied. C++ programs only underperform if you abuse shared pointers or make other bad decisions.

TCL
SQL
C
Elvish
Vulcan

>All the idiots who pick C++
Fucking brainlets the lot of ya.

Python is shit for real projects, but it's excellent for banging out a dozen lines to get some dumb bullshit done quick. If you resist the temptation to let your little script turn into a 2,000 line actual application you're fucked.

>no single lisp or shell dialect
Very mediocre list, OP.

wut is C++, precious?

Attached: 7dufj.jpg (440x420, 28K)

C
m4
Vim
Bash
Makefile

>SQL
Do people really consider SQL to be a programming language? "QUERY language" is in its name for christ sake.

Attached: 5a2d36f1fpjz.jpg (640x618, 35K)

Lisp is for /x/men types, not these Jow Forumseeks.

Attached: napoleon-dynamite-and-brother-kip.jpg (700x528, 178K)

Where is golang?

Just use gdb to disassemble your own functions written in C, and Google anything you don't obviously understand, and it'll come to you.

>disassemble your own functions written in C
Have you ever actually looked at the output of a decompiler? Compilers do weird shit and the decompiler output tends to be horribly verbose. He'd be far better off looking at assembly code that was written a human.

>Python is shit for real projects
Not really. Of all the dime-a-dozen loosely-types, rapid-prototyping languages, Python is actually one of the least bad at actually handling the complexity of larger projects. I've written semi-large stuff in it and haven't really hated it.

The real problem with it is its abysmal and unfixable performance.

>MATLAB
Everyone who thinks one indexed arrays are OK needs to immediately eliminate themselves from the gene pool.

Attached: iwnqgrrbls5z.png (480x375, 98K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_programming

Attached: 9719c7fac43aaa9260b80b45208e8988.jpg (466x700, 37K)

>Have you ever actually looked at the output of a decompiler?
I said disassemble, not decompile.

In case you actually meant disassembler, then yes, I've looked at the disassembly of my own and others programs more times than I can count. It's not that bad at all, especially when you're looking at optimized code.

Attached: 2832389-min.jpg (350x387, 16K)

This is why I gave up Julia too. It's really too bad, because it looked quite promising otherwise.

>Python is actually one of the least bad at actually handling the complexity of larger projects
I've found Python's peak effectiveness lies somewhere 100 and 1000 LOC.

100 is usually too much to get something done with bash scripting and beyond 1000 something more strongly OO (or heavily namespaced) is required.

Maybe you should go on a hunger strike in protest?

C, assembly (both), Python, JS and bash if that counts

>something more strongly OO (or heavily namespaced) is required
There are many reasons to not love Python, but these are not among it. While it carries with it intrinsic performance problems, there is nothing structurally wrong with its object orientation facilities, and they do include very nice features that other languages lack (eg. descriptors). It's also quite heavily namespaced.

Sure, it's really the best scripting lang so no wonder it's the best at doing real work. For a personal project it's okay but as soon as you get a few devs working on something in Python the lack of powerful static analysis and refactoring tools hurts.
It also hurts when you find a neat utility and you want to contribute an improvement, but it's written in Python, and it turns out the test coverage isn't fantastic...

Nah, I'm fine with just not using it, thank you.

>For a personal project it's okay but as soon as you get a few devs working on something in Python the lack of powerful static analysis and refactoring tools hurts.
That may be true. I haven't used Python in a collaborative setting, so I wouldn't know, but I can imagine that being true. Loose typing is generally not as nice as it sounds.
>and it turns out the test coverage isn't fantastic
Meh, could care less. I very rarely use tests for my own personal projects and they work fine into the hundreds of thousands of lines. I've had no problem modifying others' Python code.

>into the hundreds of thousands of lines
Those are not written in Python, though.

1. visual basic
2. visual basic
3. visual basic
4. visual basic.
5. visual basic
honorable mention to visual basic tho

>Personal projects
>Hundreds of thousands of lines
user, I-

"Personal" doesn't have to mean "inconsequential". I do make money from the programs in question, I've just written them myself and don't really plan on collaborating with anyone else on writing them.

Visual Basic is awesome, too bad Microsoft stopped supporting the binary compiler and never released an x64 compiler.

If you still enjoy programming in Basic, go ahead and try PureBasic. It doesn't have the WYSIWYG form designer but it's feature powerful and very modern.

>this many python fags

Jow Forums is doomed

I used to dick around with Visual Basic in the early 2000s, and I don't miss it one slightest bit. I look back on it as the least productive period of learning to program. Same goes for MSVC as well, though, so it's probably more about Windows than VB itself.