Sea Our Tea Television

I just found this 27in Trinitron boy on the side of the road cleaned it up and it feels pretty good anons

Anyone else ever pick up a CRT on the cheep for old media?

Attached: sony teevee.jpg (3840x2160, 2.74M)

I saw a bunch on the side of the road a couple days ago, but I was already late for work so I didn't stop. Feels bad man.
Although to be fair from that distance I couldn't tell whether they were tvs or monitors

if it wasn't a sony i would've probably left it anyhow. i was looking for a 00s Trinitron and free was the correct price so i lucked out.

the sound is actually pretty good which i wasn't expecting...it has mega speakers inside...

that looks like a genuinely decent crt
lucky you

I just watch my 90s series on my 4K TV. It looks blurry as shit but a CRT couldn't deliver a better quality. The source will never be avaiable in a better quality.

VHS Laserdisc and old video games were originally meant to be displayed on CRT and so they will always look better on CRT than through LCD or HD or 4K screens. Component DVD actually doesn't look that bad on it either.

This is not a replacement for my modern television monitor.

Attached: DSC_0713.jpg (3840x2160, 3.23M)

Probably. There are 1080p or 4K scans of old movies up to the 1960s, their quality is absolutely amazing. But the 90s often used early digital recording which turned into pure shit. You cant remaster the old content. I wish there was a way, because the old stuff is much better and deserved a 4K remaster.

Picked up a 27" trinitron (KV27FS120) for free from a guy on kijiji a few years ago (at a point where people were starting to sell them for $20-50), then about a year ago I was leaving my apartment through the back door (through the electronics recycling room) and someone left a 32" trinitron (KV32FS120), identical late-model that I already had but bigger. Thankfully I had 2 friends with me and we managed to lug the fucker up the elevator and into my apartment.
Got my NES, SNES, N64, PS2, Xbox and Wii sitting next to it for fun times.

got a 1990 sony trinitron for 5 bucks, great shape, perfect for old games, matches my growing collection of late 80' early 90's sony gear

wasn't blue the default color for budget tvs, while black was that of good models?

Got a 27" Sanyo CRT HDTV. Outputs 480i/480p/720p,& 1080i. Bought it new in 2006. (back when a 720p 32" LCD would cost you 1k and a regular blu-ray player would cost you 1k.). Setup in the basement "bonus" room. Sadly I think it's on the way out; picture likes to flicker/distort sometimes.

>growing collection of late 80' early 90's sony gear
good job user

Attached: sony (2).jpg (826x1024, 1007K)

>he prounces our as "arr"

amerifat detected

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 82K)

I keep one around for older things. Atari and other old console work on a newer screen but don't look right.

did you open it up and check for insect colonies?

oh yea.

i opened it and cleaned it before bringing it into my home

I'm really into CRTs. I do interactive video art using light guns that won't work with anything else. The colours are also a lot more vibrant.

Attached: sc.jpg (1100x825, 135K)

maybe he pronounces "r" as "our".

nice

Attached: soyboy 4.jpg (2125x1573, 343K)

Just realized the camcorder and VCR in this picture are both Betamax.

I wonder if there is a test of a high end 2018 television panel vs a high end CRT panel of the late 90s or early 2000s (both state of the art). Why would one chose a CRT over a flatscreen? What is the biggest diameter for a CRT? I know there was a 4K CRT.

Early flatscreens were shit compared to modern IPS panels, even the cheap ones. But what about the highend ones?

Found a told TV at the side of road. I got a HDMI to RCA converter and I primarily use it for my PS2.

Attached: IMG_20180217_101557176.jpg (2268x4032, 2.52M)

It's a flat Trinitron.
Throw it in the trash and pick up a actually decent curved one.
Also why composite? Just plug in RGB over SCART, unless you're American, RGB mod it, but get a curved one first.

Yup, Diamondtrons are sayboy shit.
We aren't talking about those though.

>actually decent curved one
this is highly subjective user

I never stopped using my old TVs, I've never felt the need to "upgrade". I did pick up a
Hitachi CP-S318 projector for free the other day, though.

>Look mommy, I posted it again!

Curved Trinitrons have no negative side effects over flat ones but they have several positive ones, like proper geometry.

does anyone know why you can "sense" an turned on CRT as soon as you walk into the room?

I wish they wouldn't do that.

High frequency sound.
Unfortunately on a tv you'll always hear it, some good production and computer monitors are fast enough they don't make an audible sound.

i kinda miss that actually

also the FUMP sound they make after pressing power

huge electrostatic fields on the surface of the tube

An SLV-R1000 AND a Saturn? You have gewd taste OP.

SNES Super Scope?

tfw my 100hz crt doesnt make any high pitched noise

>SNES Super Scope?
Was made with FAR bigger curved screens in mind. We are talking about only a slight horizontal curvature, not even horizontal+vertical.