Claims to hate games

>claims to hate games
>still needs a quintuple cpu with 5ghz and a geeteeecks 1080

what's your excuse for being a consumerist pig if not for gaming? all you need for being productive is a q6600 and some cheap ass video adapter

Attached: grow up bro.jpg (800x450, 48K)

If you need more than a thrift store PC to be productive you're doing it wrong, unironically

>be poorfag
>dreamed for years about having a powerful gayman PC
>finally can afford one at 25
>get bored of games in less than 2 months
>now I'm stuck with a $2000 PC for anime and shitposting

Wew

Only 0.57% of all super computers from the top 500 are Linux machines lmoa

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-30_18-15-59.png (924x625, 66K)

sell it to some faggot and get a 100 bucks shitbox

I used to be one of those people who did the constant upgrade thing. Now that I'm in my 30's I just don't give a fuck about the latest trends or whatever's "fastest" I don't play new games. Lots of games now are sucky or are remakes of classics. Only thing that pushes all cores is the occasional video encoding job. btw: desktop is an Phenom II x4 955 w/32GB ram and a Geforce 740 GT.

> not compiling large C++ projects
> not testing scalability of parallelized algorithms on your CPU
> not using GPGPU computing for your massively parallel algorithms

havent upgraded my pc in about 2 years. not really having problems running anything. vermintide 2 is all thats given me trouble lately

kindly delete this ;_;

I do realtime 3D graphics work
i know a ton of people that do the same (projection mapping, 3D rendering, etc)
Not all of us are manchildren

this desu senpai

I want a 1080ti because I want explore deep learning. I paid $40 for 8 hours training a model on Amazon GPU compute. I think it makes more financial sense to buy my own graphics card.

>super computer
>windows 10
what

The List 500 literally only gives Linux as option in the filter list.

Attached: Screenshot_20180630-200512.png (1080x1920, 173K)

This for me as well. Though whenever my current laptop kicks the bucket I'll likely move to an old Thinkpad X200. I don't game, and rarely need much RAM at all (don't keep hundreds of browser tabs open or anything like that)

/thread

>can't even find the Windows option
Why are Linux users so dumb?

it's true in his heart. now stop giving him (You)s

I have a 3.8ghz quadcore + 16gb ram and it starts to struggle in larger music projects. I have to introduce a higher buffer which creates too much latency to monitor or perform in real time. Alternatively, I have to bounce down or freeze tracks to waveforms but this makes modifying parameters down the road more of a pain in the ass than I'd prefer. I could actually utilize something closer to 4.5ghz + 32gb ram.

Unironically considered selling my PC as soon as I got a thinkpad. Was just going to go with a dock + eGPU kind of deal bit never had the balls.

Honestly the game I play most is Gmod and thats only for building shit(lol). I'll do it soon, fuck ghaymer culktcher

Tell me how you're going to run VMs on a thrift store pc? or run any form of video editor? Or compile anything in less than a week?
Really all you can do efficiently is run Word, Excel, and maybe Outlook if you're patient. Can it even run Project Professional?

>Have shit PC
>buy thinkpad and install linux mint
>learn some programming for gamedev
>work on a few small projects
>watch anime and read a lot as well
>eventually just go back to my shit pc
>play dwarf fortress and runescape all day while wagecucking
>almost have enough for a gaming PC

Fuck productivity, it's not worth it, nothing is worth it. If you work hard and make cool shit it just means you're obligated to continue down that path and your entire life will be consumed by your work. I don't want that, I don't want responsibility, I fucking hate waking up and having stuff I have to do. I just want to consume media and die shitposting.

>VMs
meme
>video editor
meme
>compile anything in less than a week
lern2optimize ramjeet

t. neet who has never held a job outside of retail

>t. faggot gaymur who unironically does video editing

we get it, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't have to continue proving it.

>implying making optimizations would speed up compile times
your brainlet is showing!!!

>implying VMs don't have practical use cases outside of whatever retarded Jow Forums context you understand them in.
newsflash retards, theres a lot more going on in the world around you than whatever the fuck you do in your moms basement all day

not the kind of optimization im talking about retard

I hate probably about 95% of post-social media (2003~) games, but love old ones also for nostalgia sometime.

so this boy here does enough labor for all my baldur's gate and need for speed needs.

Attached: 2018-07-01_03h53_13.jpg (340x63, 6K)

compiling software

literally what the fuck kind of optimizations would you be talking about theN?

time optimization
you should have plenty of time to compile if you're not a procrastinating faggot

I'm a physicist and I do molecular dynamics simulations. kys

>have shit PC
>play dwarf fortress
This is how I know you're lying.
>inb4 I only do 1x1 minimalistic forts
Very patrician if thats the case.

How are VMs a meme? How else would you try out different os's and configurations?

Exactly the same even down to the age.

DUUUUUUUUUDE ID BROFIST YOU SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1430224238412.gif (336x199, 1.89M)

autists actually replying seriously to this fucking garbage

Attached: 1471825559814.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Its not absolute shit desu but for gaming its shit.

Attached: pc.png (470x388, 22K)

I see no problem here.
Just the GTS 450 being severely outdated and the lack of a SSD.

>he fell for the non-K model jew meme
>intel brand mobo

Attached: VHFVT.gif (400x300, 499K)

I didn't build my PC, I was a young lad of 15 and was too scared to order my own PC.

stay mad poorfag

you're a moron.

How good it runs DF?

it is inevitable. I made that same mistake two years ago, just not with that much money. ended up selling everything piece by piece on ebay.

there is a certain point where you simply can't go back to being a child anymore.

It runs it well but I fine tune dwarf fortress for performance.
>2x2 fort max
>no weather or tempature
>160 dwarves max
>220 invaders max
>cavern sizes altered so that they're moderately spaced semi-wide caverns, no large open areas or narrow mazes.
>younger history length, 80 years usually
>small world max 64 by 64

> Old laptop kick the bucket
> Move to x200
How old/what model is the current laptop your using?

I'm on an x200, and it's pretty comfy desu. would recommend.

your neet is showing

>video editing
>real work
Fuck off and take your worthless "I learned to use adobe products" degree with you

Id love to see the thrift store PCs that people use to produce billion dollar movies

Well, i do enjoy games a lot, yet been a while i don't upgrade my machine because the games i like run just fine.

Attached: welcome to 2009.jpg (674x532, 74K)

>datfuckingfilename

I have a home-made Beowulf cluster made out of chinkshit PCs

OK thanks

True this. I still watch a few classic cartoon series to remind me of simpler times when all I had to do was school work. Being an adult is great and all but damn sometimes it can be a stressful pain in the ass. "only one of me" type things when shit really hits the fan. Sometimes I wish I could just say "fuck this shit" and live somewhere where no one knows me. its quite, it's warm, the cost of living ain't expensive as fuck, and has good internet service and no responsibilities other than deciding on what fucking time to wake up each morning.

Jokes on you, I've never held a job in any field.

me just add 5 years.

>Word, Excel, and maybe Outlook
Fuck off, wangtard.

>all you need for being productive is a q6600 and some cheap ass video adapter
And while you are waiting 50 hours for your video to encode and scrubbing at two frames per second I am shitting out a video every three hours and scrubbing at 60fps.

Dumbass.

t. Unemployed tranny

>geeteeecks
how else do you pronounce it dumbass

Attached: 1415028135296.png (378x366, 24K)

It's an acronym.

>6 gebees deditated wam

>It's an acronym.
>geeteeecks

ya dont fucking say

Attached: linus why.jpg (215x277, 60K)

what makes life stressful for you user?

My MSI GX70 is still super comfy. It's got a headphone amp, mechanical keyboard, and I got it refurbished for like 600 bucks 5 years ago. Comfiest laptop ever.

Attached: index.jpg (251x201, 8K)

CAD

>geeteeecks
No, that would not make it an acronym, but rather an initialism.

Thought about getting one and realized this would basically happen ;_; What do?

Do a game you want to play checklist, and if you can play all the games on the checklist, you don't spend a cent.

too real

>all you need for being productive
You're posting on Jow Forums, friendo.

i actually don't. however i use a macbook because i'm fa and can afford it :^)

nigger the kind of work i do literally requires infinite cpu power and hundreds of gb of ram

I did spend a little more on peripherals (large monitor, good keyboard...), since they allow me to work more comfortably, but the actual machine I use at home is still a desktop I built over 6 years ago for about ~500$. Never regretted this setup, works great for me and I don't need more. I let servers at work do the "heavy lifting" anyway via ssh whenever possible, so no big deal.
As for gaymz, I do play some once in a while, but it's almost exclusively retro games, stuff that runs on basically any machine nowadays.

I was productive enough to buy the latest and greatest for no reason whatsoever. What would be the point of productivity otherwise?

*breaks your keyboard in a way you have to replace the whole top of the laptop, including the batteries*

Attached: grain_a.jpg (512x512, 125K)

I'll screenshot this. I've got 5 years to go(I'm 20) and I do dream about a powerful pc.

I got my first decent computer in 2008 and even then I thought I was too late to a southbound industry.

guess how we know you have no job?

ah to not have a job with dead lines. Must be nice.

I still like games, and I’m pretty sure I’m more social than most of Jow Forums. They do make me feel like a child, but right now I have very few other sources of endorphins in my life so I am still enjoying them.

Yeah it's not like every single modern data center ran every application in a VM or something.

It actually requires a fairly high video card to do high quality upscaling of anime to 4k.

>claims to hate games
>claims
keyword right there

lmao we got the same cpu, when i was a kid i dream of epic gaming pc but now im just stuck with phenom 955 since 2011 with 4gb ram r9 380 gpu with no motivation to pursue any new games.

Im always worried that mommy will walk in on me watching hentai

>Spending $2000 on a PC for no good fucking reason
I still play modern games that don't suck and I'm running a phenom II x4 965 BE (purchsaed used for $50) and a GTX 760 (purchased used for $40)
Lick my balls while I still somehow play everspace, redout, house of the dying sun, brigador, heat signature, homeworld deserts of kharak etc. at 1080p/60

Also any good RTS other than Supreme Commander
Also any turn based strategy ever (Jagged Alliance 2 / XCom Apocalypse come to mind)
Also any build engine or idtech 3 and before FPS (all the ones that matter)
Etc.

user, there are a billion other things that multi-core high-clocked CPUs are useful for than gaming. I do 3D modelling and rendering and it would be an enormous waste of my time using a slow processor over my i7.

If you work in a professional environment, using large spreadsheets and sorting files is much faster with a good processor.

Attached: 24495110.png (460x460, 110K)

>all you need for being productive is a q6600 and some cheap ass video adapter
No I don't.
My simulations need to run on multiple cores and high frequency. Modelling on CAD also needs a good graphics card.