Are you a fast programmer or slow programmer?

Are you a fast programmer or slow programmer?

Attached: bugfix.png (1200x123, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1nw-V5eEeAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really slow.

i'm slowed down by not being able to disable the intellisense cancer in ms dyn ax 2012 code editor

Get things done programmer.

I'm slow, but get things done really well.

Slow because I get paid 4m JPY, open office with noisy bosses, and bosses are constantly walking near me to peek at my monitor. Getting out as soon as I can.

I never pay for software.
Keep churning out that code while your posture gets worse and worse.

and do it faster

what are you even trying to say?

I'm slow unless I need to be fast, if there's no immediate deadline I spend time writing good code and thinking everything through.

Slow desu but because I take time to plan out the structure before starting to write and constantly refactor if I think of a better way to do things.

Slow but thorough master race. Have fun fixing dozens of bugs caused by your shitty hacked together "agile" design for the next 5 years until you eventually give up, deprecate the software and rewrite it from scratch

Have you ever heard of a 10x programmer?
I'm a x/10 programmer.

I'm a sin(x) * time kind of guy.

Former fast programmer here. Got the bad habit from a company I worked until some months ago.
I knew it was wrong, everyone knew it was wrong, but the boss thought it was sustentable despite all the bugs reports our system was receiving.
We always had about 30 bugs fix in our todo list, it once peaked at 53. Checking it now, 6 months after I left them, they have set a new record with 106 bugs waiting to be fixed.

slow because im retarded

Use to be a fast programmer but then job took advantage of me making me do jobs that would take 1-2 days in get it done in an hour. Results were of course utter chaos and bugs with pay not even worth all the work. Next job I plan to be lazy as shit programmer who gets things done at the last minute / when I feel like it but report on the due date.

I'm fast if I already have an idea of what needs to be done.
Otherwise, I'd rather sit on something until I know exactly how I want to do it.
Unfortunately, that's not always do-able in a work setting.

Depends on the language really.
Verilog, C, and C++ I go slow as fuck because small shit can lead to painful bugs.
Python, Kotlin, Bash, more high level stuff I'm stupid fast.

How do I become a fast programmer?

Think no further than 1 day ahead.

have fun not getting a job or getting fired for slow performance and not meeting deadlines

I finished a job as soon as I can and wait it out until near deadline to tell them it's finished. I used the free time to play ping pong or shitposting.

I'm running weeks ahead on my current project. I'm further ahead than management can even deal with. They're running out of things to give to me that are at my pay grade.

Attached: EYrmxxv.jpg (2952x3897, 2.77M)

GAIJIN WORK FASTER

i'm a log2(x) programmer.

>he works for people who set unreasonable deadlines

Average if I'm working on some module I already know. Pretty slow otherwise and it 's killing me inside.

same, feels bad

Fast and efficient

I'm this kind of programmer
youtube.com/watch?v=1nw-V5eEeAk

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (425x432, 369K)

Started fast, built a rep for getting shit done, got promoted to team lead and now I don't have to program at all.
And if I do it's bugfixing or reviewing code. Shit's great.

I wish i was faster at least.

>Are you a fast programmer or slow programmer?
depend on the language.

Fast

Boss doesn't care as long as I work out the problems eventually, clients dont care because they are autistic enterprise users that don't even use 99% of the features we develop for them.

Slow as shit when working on someone else's spaghetti.

>he doesn't work
well

Depends on how well I know the codebase.

Anons speak the truth. If it's your code and you wrote it recently, there's a good chance that your fix will take the afternoon, including testing and documentation.
If the code is COBOL from 50 years ago, then first you need to learn the language, find a computer that can run the development tools, find the development tools ...

Literally depends on what I'm doing. Saying you're a fast or slow programmer is a retarded statement.

Ite strange, either the team lead does nothing but paperwork and managing and reviewing or they do 80 hours a week programming shit

Mistakes are worse than unfinished code. I spent more time checking for bugs than actually writing code.

This. Got a nice mix of shit that's over 20 years old that I've never had anything to do with which would probably take me weeks to be able to feel confident to do any kind of non-trivial change. Compare that with stuff I've written myself and I'll be able to make most changes within a day or 2 depending on the scope of the change.

>he doesn't fuck his manager in ass
pussy

slow programming... fast programs.........

awfully slow, at least at the start

i'm italian. you can guess