Why are all FOSS programs difficult to set-up and use? Doesn't the community understand that people value convienience...

Why are all FOSS programs difficult to set-up and use? Doesn't the community understand that people value convienience? Is everyone really meant to use FOSS? Every single FOSS program I have ever used is the same.

>Want a password manager
>Download KeePass
>Have to manually drag and drop shit into the vault
>Try and get a browser plugin for it because no one who was making it thought that people would use a password manager to manager thier online passwords
>Download the extension
>Doesn't work, have to download the HTTP client
>Only available through chocolatey
>Have to download chocolatey
>Have to use a CLI to download this garbage
>Set-up the accounts and sync the different programs together.

Compare this with an 'evil' non-FOSS password manager

>Download extension
>It just werks

Why does NOBODY in the FOSS community care about convenience?

Attached: 12196297_10207594437842598_853642676080941389_n.jpg (800x450, 24K)

Install KeePassXC. It just werks. And the extension KeePassXC-Browser also werks fine.

autism, that's why

>Why does NOBODY in the FOSS community care about convenience
some people do, but the problem is that it's really hard to find people who will make documentation and improve user-friendliness unless they're getting paid to do it.

Attached: VR9un48.jpg (680x383, 35K)

>Devs won't do a critical component of software design.

Seems like a design flaw within the FOSS movement.

most FOSS developers are paid, it's free as in freedom, not free as in price
proprietary devs won't do a critical component of human rights which is give their users freedom

>Try and get a browser plugin for it

Attached: 1d52ca1497a896ebb05573896ecc0261e1d1be0e.jpg (480x270, 15K)

I use KeePass and I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you need a browser extension for?

Because I want it to save passwords that I use online and I don't want to open it up then copy and paste whenever I want to log in somewhere, especially given that password manager extensions do exist.

>Need to sync passwords securely between devices
>Set up Keepass 2 on Windows
>KeePassXC on Linux
>Set up syncthing on all devices
>It just works, changes are synced between databases and never overwritten
feels foss man

>I don't want to open it up then copy and paste whenever I want to log in somewhere
Oh, I see. If your threat model doesn't include people using your browser, there's probably no issue (though you add another attack vector).

I just keep it open and Ctrl + C/Ctrl + V when I need it desu

Attached: but how.jpg (1000x1200, 943K)

Not enough line breaks.

Please make more.

>If your threat model doesn't include people using your browser, there's probably no issue
KeePassXC-Browser only works, when KeePassXC is open and activated.
>I just keep it open and Ctrl + C/Ctrl + V when I need it desu
Too unsecure, because other applications can access the clipboard content. With KeePassXC you doubleclick the password and it copies the it, but also clears the clipboard after a few seconds automatically.
Either way, it's both better than traditional copy and paste.

I think you mean "Why am I so retarded and unintelligent"
nice try though :)

MeGUI, MKVToolnix, and MPC-HC are great.
I think that's about it for FOSS, though.

Not convient enough? Add it yourself

If you won't add it youself then you can't complain

You may be just dumb

Android and google-chrome already have secure built in password management.

>aww babay wants it easy to use

Stick with your Mac faggot

Because making good UX is hard, and not fun for autistic freetards.

>Why are all FOSS programs difficult to set-up and use?
>programs
>are
Will not spend my time trying to explain something to you, dumb frogposter.

Because you are using wrong thing. Use KeePassXC.

gorhill?

>into the vault
I hate the lastpass interface so fucking much.

the point of linux/foss is to create le sekrit hacker club so making things human-friendly would defy that purpose

Get Oubliette, nigger. It's excellent. And portable.

/thread

Because they're optimized for UNIX environments. Switch to Linux and you will see that they're very convenient.

>Firefox, chromium, qBitTorrent/Transmission/Deluge/picoTorrent, VLC/mpv/bomi, audacious/Clementine, KolourPaint/GIMP/pinta, kdenlive, and a billion other easy to use programs are "difficult"
Use Firefox or Brave sync then

I use KeePassX regularly. All I do is keep it open like the other guy in this thread, and right click-> copy when needed. It lets me keep all my passwords very long and secure.

>asking for convenience apparently means you aren't willing to do things the convoluted way

How do you expect any respective Foss project to be used by everyone if it doesn't at least not waste my time? Seriously, this is the same reason why Linux has been unusable while MacOSX continues to gain marketshare. Not everything has to be your super difficult to use, sometimes it's good if you don't have to type out a command or two in the terminal! Trust me, it's way better without it, and we would better much more without it as well.

People who right succesfull software have tons over other stuff that needs to be written so once it works good enough, off you go.

>and right click-> copy when needed. It lets me keep all my passwords very long and secure.
Why tho? Just doubleclick it.

>doesn't like one program of ~+inf
>m-m-muh FOSS is so hard
K. Why is proprietary shit so broken and useless then? I tried Photoshop and it kept breaking, crashing and fucking up. Hence all proprietary software is trash.

Attached: 1529852273790.jpg (416x578, 62K)

Ever installed SQL Server? Every FOSS SQL DBMS is a breeze compared to installing that.

yeah basically

Attached: 51OpGbpazoL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (336x499, 36K)

the mindset is evident when you go to a support channel
>i need to do x, how can I do that?
>>you don't really want to do x
>>dont do x, do y
etc

>not implementing your own password manager
filthy casuals

>all FOSS programs
>Have to download chocolatey
>package manager designed for the Microsoft development platform
Looks like you're not using FOSS programs at all

>your threat model doesn't include people using your browser
Does your mom know that you call her a threat model on the internet?

It's because those manchildren exist, OP.

cause theyre made to be functionnal, not commercialy successful. os devs make tools for themselves, not for you

No one cares about freedom you fucking retard.

>sudo apt install [thing] -y
>sudo yum install [thing] -y
>sudo pacman -Syu [thing]
It's not really that hard

>t. underage and/or foss neet who literally doesn't understand why pic related sold a shitload of copies and spawned an entire subgenre of books

Attached: linux terminal tutorial.jpg (386x499, 45K)

Because people don't read manuals?

FOSS is the easiest software to use, but you are using non-free operating system which makes it hard. If you are running free operating system then it's one command and it just werks

t. gommie

>t. zoomer whose main experience with dos is playing apogee joints with dosbox

>t. faggot