Where do I start???

I want to get into penetration testing and entry level "ethical" hacking, I know there are endless streams of people wanting to start hacking and shit like that, that don't understand that there isn't a one way ticket into learning the skill, that's not what I'm asking I'm just curious on the basic skills I should be learning to get started... eg. best languages to learn, programs ect. Please help a clueless user out

Attached: 0218-WI-APESSA-web.jpg (1930x1631, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/isislab/Hack-Night
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've also been looking at CTF is there a way that could be an entry level learning tool or not until I've learned a bit?

install kali

>penetration testing and entry level "ethical" hacking
Top kek
Just go learn how to do sqli with sqlninja or something. If you want to actually be a hacker then learn how programs and systems work and common/uncommon coding and configuration flaws. If you want to just hack things quickly and get the job done then then learn some social engineering. You'd be surprised at how often simple phishing or reused passwords lead to a full and extensive compromise. Whitehat memetesting will never be anything more than a meme, and will never stop a determined hacker. Whitehats don't operate in the same scope as a blackhat. There are things you just can't do as a security professional. The most you'll be able to do is run some sort of automated exploit scanner and tell your client to patch their shit, and then you'll get bored and kill yourself by 35

>"ethical" hacking

Now that's cringy. There's hacking, the act of bringing about clever solutions, and only that.

So you want to be a hacker? It ain't no easy task kiddo. You should just stop now. Don't even try.
The most you can probably ever do is click buttons on LOIC and buy crypter packs on Nulled. Even
Cain is going to fly over your brain. Do you know how fucking hard hacking is? Pentesting is not for
the light-hearted. Are you willing to learn and understand a bunch of programming langauges? Python, Ruby,
and Javascript can probably be learned in days. Maybe a few months for Java. But C++? Haskell? C? Assembly?
And those probably are not even enough. On top of that, are you willing to get comfortable in a Linux system?
It's quite different from the clicky pictures you have on your RGB covered Windows gaming system. Are you
willing to learn sofftware engineering, OS development, networking, reverse-engineering, malware analysis,
exploit-writing, fuzzing, data structures, and all the other topics required to become a proficient pentester? Are you
smart enough to know how to perform a social engineering attack? Are you willing to learn Mestasploit, Aircrack,
Hashcat, Ettercap, and all the other tools a pentester needs to know? Or are you just going to download and run
wifiHAX_n0t_V1RuS.exe? Are you willing to understand computers to the hardware level? Are you willing to spend
years mastering and perfecting your skills? Are you willing to spend time everyday to stay updated with current
pentesting news? Just stay in your little gaming world, kiddo. Go show off to your friends and DDOS some minecraft
servers or click on open IPs in Shodan. You don't have the drive to become a real hacker. You never will.

>I want to get into penetration testing
Me too, user, me too.

Attached: sticker 375x360-bg ffffff.png (375x360, 54K)

Im not expecting to become a l33t hackerman over night guy, Im well aware that its gonna take time, and nutting on your keyboard just because someone asked how to get started isnt helping anyone, I'm just curious as to where to start...

White/grey/black hats are nothing but labels made up by some idiot and perpetuated by the media and other ignorant morons who know nothing about what hacking is really about.
So-called "whitehats" are just security people wanting regonition and money, blackhats are just those who seek to profit under tha name of hacking, and greyhats are somewhere in between.
I've been a hacker since the 80's and consider myself none of these, I hack for knowledge and the challenge, nothing more.

The copypasta pretty much gave you all the info you need. Play with Kali, learn different types of programming languages (old, new, imperative, functional) and learn networking. Move on from there.

shit man you've been coding nearly twice my life time haha fuck im only 21 and ive only learnt basic html and c#... going with the theme of this thread any tips on what i should be focusing on the most?

>that 19 year old boomer who replies to bait copypastas

Attached: images (4).jpg (238x212, 8K)

appreciate the genuine input cheers user, I've just put kali on my old laptop i don't use anymore trying to find decent tutorials or threads that can teach me the basics of certain applications

I stopped coding long ago, too tedious and time consuming for my likeing.
There's more to hacking than coding anyways.

Serious answer:
github.com/isislab/Hack-Night

Sit down for about an hour or so a day for the lecture and another hour for reviewing the materials and going through the chapters. Classes have enough material for roughly semester.

thanks man :)

is this OC-pasta?

Attached: coughing.webm (251x268, 535K)

Learn the fundamentals of computing, you're going to go nowhere otherwise.
Don't become a script kiddie, if you do, learn the source code, figure how it works and how the creator made it.

Paste this everywhere lol

Are database lookups not an accepted ethical standard? There's not a whole lot of things that an "ethical" security professional can't do, or am I wrong?

Install pentoo

Best advice ever

Build a PC from spare shit - shitty cheap specs. Install Linux. Poke around on bash, learning some commands and how to navigate around. Build a 2d box from other cheap/spare shit; install Linux. Use the one box to hack in to the second box. It's all your shit, so nothing illegal. At first, just try to get the two to talk to each other. Then try to manipulate files in one from the other. Then try to manipulate firewalls on each and work around that. Increase complexity from there... That's it.

Penetration testing sucks. People constantly come to me and ask if they can put their dick up my ass.
It's too much penetration for me.

/thread

This is retarded. I'm a hacker. I'm not some world class secret agent for hire hacker. I just work on my own shit and hack around on my stuff. I could deep dive into esoteric shit, but I have no desire to. I could give it up entirely and go find some other hobby. Hacking is like karate - you can dabble in it and by doing so, you're miles ahead of people that don't; you can also build your whole life around it. Build a couple boxes and hack away. Have fun.

>the boomer who unironically replies to pasta