/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect anons making their own threads with >previous

Attached: IMG_0639.gif (320x240, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_network_configuration#Troubleshooting_drivers_and_firmware
youtu.be/A0gaXfM1UN0?t=21m41s
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXXRfyA7ntoLvuRTyQ2kzuTh7GvFipHMEevuTaU7onJXE
a.cockfile.com/VohpDJ.esd
github.com/opencv/opencv/archive/${OPENCV_VERSION}.zip
howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/
disk-partition.com/diskpart/convert-gpt-4125.html
en.cppreference.com/w/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the currently Jow Forums recommended backup solution to external drive? More info about what I'm looking for >Tried rclone & syncthing
Liked their ease of use, but they were slow as molasses.

I flashed a new OS on my phone after doing a full wipe, but for some reason there is still a pin on boot despite having it disabled in settings.

How to fix?

Thank you.

OpenOffice/Excel/whatever question

COUNTIF excludes cells that have extra content other than the searched value. What function would allow me to count a value regardless of other contents in a cell?

Attached: 1505829232544.jpg (1024x768, 97K)

New to linux but how to compile tar.gz files? And where to? Applications or some other directory?

Alright so I just installed Manjaro on my desktop. Now since I don't have an ethernet connection I need to get the WiFi drivers. I found the respective drivers at github. Now how am I supposed to put those drivers on a flash drive and then use it to install necessary drivers on my manjaro setup ?

So my disk is split in two parts here. I could make the first one from raw to ntfs, but the second one has no options when i right click? What to do, do i need combine these two maybe?

Attached: f09e03bc6c0ac6611112c5814ea6c1d3.png (586x89, 6K)

and the extend option is not accesible

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_network_configuration#Troubleshooting_drivers_and_firmware

You had to use a GPT partition table, MBR is limited to 2TB

i still dont know what do to

how do I debug a (grease|violent)monkey userscript?

in particular, how do I check what values my variables have for a script running on a particular site?
Im using firefox

I can't find my chipset there, so I guess it hasn't been added to the kernel yet. Should I just get a usb wifi adapter which is supported by the kernel ?

i want to update my mobo ASUS H81M-K from 1103 but the only driver provided was a .CAP type and there is no CAP converter provided in the website
send halp

im postin

congrats

i lied, even after using CAP converter i cant install this goddamn BIOS update because now its complaining that it wants a CAP type file
have anyone updated H81M-K from 1103 to the latest 3xxx??

congrats man xd

dude nice

blue board

Genuinely curious:
An ISP approached me to offer 1 gb/s speed but for 100+$ a month.
I pay ~40$ a month for "10 mb/s" but I don't download more than a gigabyte at a time and usually it doesn't take more than 5-10 mins to get what I want.
My current ISP however offers me 220 gb of transfer monthly while the other will offer ~20 gb.

My question is this:
Wouldn't the transfer speed also depend on the other party?
Even if I get 1 gb/s, if most website have a upload speed, wouldn't it render it moot?
Also, is this even a good deal? Sounds retarded...

is crypto currency mining still reliable?

can i disable the compact board list in 4chanx? can someone circle where the setting is pls

What's the best way to download office
Need it by tonight (and no my school doen't offer it)

How do I have one primary computer display across all monitors/TV's in my house? And beyond that how do I allow for inputs at all these places?

how do I post code?

I'm just gonna test this:

tk.Tk.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
container = tk.Frame(self)

Well, If Jow Forums doesn't have any recs I'll probably go with AOMEI Backupper. Pretty decent, fast, free, easy, simple GUI. Would like something FOSS, but meh.

okay no problem I got it

So, I'm following sentdex tutorial for building GUI in python and it returns me 'Tuples don't support item assignment' on this first line of code self.frames[StartPage].

What do I do? Code is identical.

youtu.be/A0gaXfM1UN0?t=21m41s

self.frames[StartPage] = frame

frame.grid(row=0, column=0, sricky="nsew")

self.show_frame(StartPage)

def show_frame(self, cont):

frame = self.frames[cont]
frame.tkraise()

class StartPage(tk.Frame): #we inherit tk.Frame and then call upon it

def __init__(self, parent, controller):

ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXXRfyA7ntoLvuRTyQ2kzuTh7GvFipHMEevuTaU7onJXE

are you sure you set frames = {} and not ()?

ty, works now.

Now have to figure why my left curly braces isn't working

office 2007;
a.cockfile.com/VohpDJ.esd

thanks though not quite sure how to use this (it is the thick mongoloids question thread after all)
would something created in office 2010 workwith 2007?

Okay so I connected my phone to the pc and used usb tethering, and it worked perfectly.

Nevermind, I reinstalled the OS.

Attached: 01446115.jpg (957x621, 54K)

>would something created in office 2010 workwith 2007?
yes

Best free books to learn C and C++

Best Android app for getting dnscrypt and dnssec going?

>edit a meme video for 2 days straight
>natural hand position
>weight on outer carpal bones
>finish edit some hours ago
>pinky finger feels some kind of dull pain rooting to the wrist

Is this it? The chronic wrist damage? Are my PC days over?

Attached: 1433624735513.png (574x769, 557K)

I've felt that before. Probably nothing.

Brainlet new fag here.
I have little to no programing experience, and I decided to fall for the C meme, suggest me a course to start with, I can't read programing books.

Attached: 1526739069734.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

fucking kek, C

Just walked out of my call center job because I hate people. I've been teaching myself HTML and I have the basics down, but before I can start freelancing (and avoiding human contact) I obviously need to learn more. So, I was wondering if there's a Jow Forumsuide to certs that I'll need to get and languages I need to learn to get on the right track.

I know, I know. I can research all that myself, but can you blame me for utilizing all resources?

Fucking jews, stick to your current plan user

If you're looking for Microsoft office check out the piracy megathread at r/piracy, they have a link to a tool that grab shit directly from Microsoft servers.
Or you can just use libreoffice.

>I can't read programing books.
If that's the case, you may as well give up on C now.

Well I can, but I prefer not to

I will get an ibuprofen and pray. Maybe look on amazon if there is some kind of wrap for working with mice.

What do then?

Muh dubs

Then make an exception for C. The cancerous approach to learning that other languages embrace like TIAS certainly does NOT work here.

Okay, what are /g's suggestions for good books for noobs like me

Start with paracetamol.

What is TIAS?

Many people seem to suggest K&R, if you pick up some newer edition of that, you probably can't go wrong.

Try it and see.

Alright, thanks fagit.

As a side note: ##c on freenode is pretty good, if you're not being a complete faggot they can be pretty helpful

i am unironically using gentoo and considering a new cpu.

what is the most affordable cpu that delivers the best compile times?

What is the cheapest car that is also at the same time the fastest car?

is the concept of price/performance ratio foreign to you?

i don't want to overpay 2x for a cpu that's merely 10% faster.

I'll check it out, thanks again.

That's not how you originally phrased it. Also, I think that the performance/price is mostly linear (so long as the load is scalable) if you always choose the best option in a given price range (possibly excluding the cheapest $30-$40 shit, like Athlon X4)

literally just find a price rang you want and start comparing cpus

>Wouldn't the transfer speed also depend on the other party?
yes
>Even if I get 1 gb/s, if most website have a upload speed, wouldn't it render it moot?
it would help with torrenting for example
>Also, is this even a good deal? Sounds retarded...
just use your neighbors wifi, best deal there is

Ive a Pc with a RX580 and a UW Desktop which should be abel to run 1920x1080 75hz with a DP connection. But whatever i do i cant get it to anything higher than 60hz. There has also been an errormessage which says that i have a "link error" or something like that and that it cant output the desired solution because of that (would post a screenshot but its in german). So today i wanted to install this AMD Link app to get a better overview about the performance while i play with some settings but i cant connect to my phone at all. Ive enabeled the raedon host stuff in the firewall settings and i am on the same network with both devices and have no problem to conncect my pc with my phone for other remote control apps. Is there a way to fix the link error without buying a new grafics card or monitor and what else could i try to get the app running?

Should I install Intel HD Graphics drivers on a desktop computer with a nvidia GPU?

I mean, my laptop has both and it switches between them but I don't know if a desktop computer can do the same.

Just tried it and nothing seems to work
going crazy over here

Attached: Capture.png (1059x714, 295K)

anyone here know what i should do

Gentoo

After configurating kernel, commands installed with emerge don't work anymore.
Why?

Well genkernel at least...

Is there a webm converter app for non-root android?

Compiling OpenCV2

I want to compile opencv for a docker image

heres what i run in the Dockerfile

RUN cd /opt && \
wget github.com/opencv/opencv/archive/${OPENCV_VERSION}.zip && \
unzip ${OPENCV_VERSION}.zip && \
mkdir -p /opt/opencv-${OPENCV_VERSION}/build && \
cd /opt/opencv-${OPENCV_VERSION}/build && \
cmake \
-D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE \
-D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local \
-D WITH_FFMPEG=ON \
-D WITH_IPP=NO \
-D WITH_OPENEXR=NO \
-D WITH_TBB=YES \
-D BUILD_EXAMPLES=NO \
-D BUILD_ANDROID_EXAMPLES=NO \
-D INSTALL_PYTHON_EXAMPLES=NO \
-D BUILD_DOCS=NO \
-D BUILD_opencv_python2=ON \
-D BUILD_opencv_python3=NO \
.. && \
make VERBOSE=1 && \
make -j${CPUCOUNT} && \
make install && \
rm -rf /opt/opencv-${OPENCV_VERSION

with ARG OPENCV_VERSION=2.4.13.6

for some reason, when i alter check opencv version with in python

import cv2
print(cv2.__version__)

gives out 3.0 or something

any ideas why?

docker image base is ubuntu:18.04, could there another version be installed already?

Well, torrent it

im taking a summer course for a class that works in C, there's a small assignment i need to do regarding matrix multipliers, i work full time and don't have time to really complete it correctly.

is there a website or resource i can use to pay to have it done in a timely fashion?

will try with 16.04 now if that changes anything

most likely, yes

i will do it, you can pay me in bitcoin

got it from the last reddot link hehe

sent

when are the 450 am4 motherboards coming out? what are the expected dates? i really want to make my first build but i want more motherboard options

Attached: 22414659_511224289270335_16J14313445_n - CoOpLy.png (112x112, 18K)

replied. when is this due?

captcha is kill
why is that so?

Does xorg or i3 have a default screensaver? I did a "minimal" installation and didn't install any screensaver but my screen still turns to black after a few minutes.
It's really annoying because it doesn't care if I'm watching a video, how do I turn it off?

This is most likely DPMS on your monitor

What are the most valuable parts of a laptop that can be put up for resale?

Attached: [email protected] (954x840, 96K)

So I searched that and found the command
xset -dpms
to disable it, I don't know if it is permanent or if it worked but I give my greatest thanks to you.

I want to post and retrieve data from a server with http but I have no idea of how to set up a server, how a server works or how to use http. Any recommendations on where to start?

Attached: Http Server.jpg (554x362, 27K)

tried 16.04, same output

should I go to college for IT, or earn certificates?

I want to install a custom Android system. Which one has all the necessary stuff but with the smallest size?
My current stock system is 3.7GB and riddled with bloatware that I can't delete.
And it's Android 5.1.1 on an older phone so I'd like to stay on that version.

give it back, tyrone.

I scored 10 laptops a week from a computer tech store throwing out their rubbish. I take it from him, bring them home, depopulate valuables, then recycle the detritus.

How do I downclock my GTX 1050 Ti so that it can simulate what it's like to run games on a Switch?

Best book/resource to learn C++ with no bullshit? Know Java and Python, just want to cut to the chase.

howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/

disk-partition.com/diskpart/convert-gpt-4125.html

en.cppreference.com/w/
there is no better resource

ok linux nab here, slowly making my way around i3. I wish to understand following:
I am using non-english keyboard layout. In place of numbers row there are signs like ščřž etc. To write actual numbers, you need to do uppercase. BUT. Switching workspaces on i3 works as if I had english layout - that is - mod+number (so for example when switching to workspace 2 I actually press mod+ě). Checked config thinking I find symcodes instead of symbinds, but no. Can someone please explain to me, why switching workspaces acts as if I had english layout, even tough I do not?