Discuss

Discuss.

Attached: oauhcaoiweuhnfpauwhefawunef.png (383x764, 397K)

All displays the same shit on the screen.

I only use DVI. The others can suck me off.

If you not hitting the bandwidth limit of DVI (max resolution/refresh rate), it's perfectly fine.

VGA doesn't.

>calling RGB "VGA"

The connector isn't called RGB though.

I know.

Then why do you imply that I used the wrong name for the connector by not calling it RGB?

Because the signal is more important than the connector.

The signal is determined by the connector in this situation. I wasn't talking about the signal. I didn't call anything wrong.

no, hdr on vga? gl

No it isn't. The signal determines the connector in many ways, but not necessarily in a particular way.

So, in this situation, if I changed the signal the connector would change? Shut the fuck up. You don't choose what kind of signal is used specifically, just what connector you plug in.

>2018
>there are other cables than USB
this is why we can't have a nice things

You don't need HDR for programming.

I can see the same text on VGA

i feel like youre meming, its used for video viewing pleasure

>if I changed the signal the connector would change
It would have to to facilitate the signal. Are you retarded?

you forgot one

Attached: tb3.png (612x300, 230K)

It's not just text that gets send through these things.
Nice job dodging the point of my post.

its just displayport...

>Nice job dodging the point of my post.
What am I dodging? Are you confused?

My point that normal consumers don't choose anything based on signals, but by what connector they use, and that designing a connector for a certain signal is a completely different situation.

>normal consumers don't choose anything based on signals, but by what connector they use
You should have tried to allude to that retarded and pointless point, then, if you wanted me to answer it.

There is no technical limit for dynamic range on VGA. A CRT has the contrast ratio to essentially do HDR.

That's the point of the thread though, what consumers use. You're the person that called something wrong while not being able to read the context right.
It's called VGA.

No, the signal is RGB, the connector does not matter.

The thread's about connectors, look at the fucking OP you blind fuck.

Have fun getting your monitor to accept RGB through a non VGA connector.

No, it is about signals. Those are just common connectors for signals.

That's bullshit, it's about arguing which is better. It's not just about the signal, the fact that HDMI doesn't have a lock for example is a point that can be argued as well.

I use a Commodore 1084.
It's about who uses which signal. No one cares about connectors, you insufferable twat.

Do you get paid to pretend to be retarded or does apple just shave payments off?

I'm the smart one here.

>It's about who uses which signal.
Why do you think that? What about the OP makes it about discussing who uses which signal, and not about the connector? Seems more logical to me that it's about who uses which connector, since he used images of connectors and not specifically signals.

>No one cares about connectors, you insufferable twat.
Wrong, I do, as do others. There've been plenty of threads discussing stupid shit like this.

Ah, apple shaves the payments, thanks for letting me know.

Anime is trash.

HDR is just a new meme to sell us their shitty lcd tech for another 10+ years

>Ellipses
No

It's better than Display Port because it has a connector that's compatible with things other than a monitor or graphics card.

It feels good to use the same cable as the likes of Alberto Barbosa

im talking aboyt the video output. its just dp over usb essentially

t. Alberto Barbosa

Bada Bing Bada Boop

Attached: 412436.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Yeah, good luck getting a monitor with displayport under $300
>inb4 stop being poor

That's really not that difficult.

That nigger has better be his slave.
>inb4 we wuz kangz
DB15 is top tier if you have a CRT

BNC connectors have been used for that purpose for a longer time than DE15 connectors.

HDMI is objectively the best .

>need new revisions to support higher resolutions
>best

>it may be just displayport...
Keyword being may

DisplayPort and HDMI are all bloated botnets. DVI is the only truly good connector but too bad (((they))) killed it by forcing DP and HDMI everywhere.

VGA, DVI and DP are all fine. HDMI needs to go though.

isn't dp the new standard?

I use DVI because all my monitors are 144hz and can't get that out of anything other than DVI

>VGA is of varying quality depending on size of cable
>two types of DVI and three different connectors
>two types of Firewire cables
>two types of HDMI with a third on the way
>one type of DisplayPort with a second on the way
>two Thunderbolt cables
>9000 different USB cables

Horizontal hold up, you be saying, we was some kinda, video cables an shit?

Attached: 1530156077781.jpg (1018x1024, 154K)

Attached: Untitled.png (700x417, 223K)

Can't wait for USB C to kill them all.

Best post right there.

Who else is S-Video master race?

Attached: 61MkqURBofL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

>finally change from vga to hdmi
>don't see any difference

how fucked are my eyes? i mean i'm running on a shit screen but it should be noticeable

S-Video is cool but it's really only useful for old consoles. Movies don't benefit since VHS and Laserdisc were stored in a composite format. I guess there's SVHS but that has no content, only good for making home movies.

On LCDs the difference between VGA and HDMI should be pretty noticeable. LCDs hate analog video .

>>VGA
It's called RGBHV. It's use predates the appearance of the VGA card and it uses a variety of ports other than the de15 one you used to find on graphic cards (mostly db15 and separate BNC)
>varying quality depending on size of cable
That's because many cables aren't good enough to carry RGB video correctly, especially those thin cables you'd find by the late 90s/early 00s.

> imagine being this autistic

Depends. A good VGA connection all the way can look pretty close to perfect, any imperfections might really be invisible unless you're really looking for them or are otherwise viewing some sort of test patterns meant to highlight potential issues.

Best

But calling it VGA is wrong though -- many computers output RGB video and can use PC monitors, but almost none of them have a VGA-compatible graphic chipset.

Then this is RGB too. It can output RGB.

Attached: MDP2DPMMX.C.jpg (600x600, 18K)

It doesn't have red, green, blue lines nor does it have at least one sync line, so it's not RGB.

See?

Attached: fasdfdasfas.png (436x494, 16K)

>clearly isn't using a gibson

Output color format != output video signal.

Wrong. It says RGB ergo it is. Go be a incorrect back on your home board of plebbit, thanx.

RGB is RGB.

Attached: Faggot.gif (500x333, 150K)

see RGB cables have a dedicated red, green, blue lines + one or more sync lines. DP doesn't, it only have general purpose data lines, therefore it's not an RGB cable.
Also name calling isn't an argument.

Hell just look at the damn interface specifications, DP works like a 4-lane parallel cable, not like any kind of RGB cable, be it analog or digital.

RGB is simply a color space, it can be analog or digital. Another example would be YCbCr and YPbPr, they describe basically the same thing except one is analog and uses component cables and one is digital and is transferred through HDMI.

Color space != video signal.
The red, green, blue and sync lines of an RGB cable can be analog or digital, but a cable can't be called an RGB cable if it doesn't have these dedicated signal lines. On display port cables the red, green and blue informations are not separated, they share the same lanes, therefore it's not DP cables aren't RGB cables. They're more like parallel data cables.

Hey, DVI isn't that fat!

Component cables can do 1080i/p. Surprised no one's mentioned it before. The only real difference between Component and HDMI is that HDMI has unified video/audio v.s component + composite stereo and/or 5.1 digital output.

Being willfully ignorant for the sake of the lulz isn't an argument either, asswipe.

Early Blu-ray players had all three types, HDMI,Component, and Composite. But they dropped Component due to lack of anti copying protection. Anyone who used Composite for blu-ray hookups just wasted the 1K that such player cost back then. (the picture quality would be "dumbed" down worse than DVD quality since DVD looks better least EDTV standard)

Component doesn't support DRM so HD content plays like SD. Nowadays component is only useful for old consoles and pre-HDMI DVD players.

Just set up spare 19 in junkyard monitor on displayport with a $6 EBay cable. What's the big deal?

get on my level

Attached: analog audio and video over rf.jpg (1000x1000, 42K)

You can't see the difference, really.

Hey guys, I use HDMI too!

Attached: Erard-Convertisseur-Peritel-en-HDMI-720p-_P_900.jpg (900x527, 50K)

VGA has been able to do 1000hz for years. its used in the scientific and medical fields over HDMI DVI and DP for this reason.

>it's really only useful for old consoles
Only the C64, actually. Everything else outputs RGB, which is far superior.

>1000hz
1khz?!
is vga actually superior to all the others?

Good luck pushing 240hz with that hdmi cable...

first for claiming DVI as waifu.
DVI-chan suprised me yesterday with out-of-spec analog video support :3

man thats rude!
I'm diagnosed VGA-colour blind and therefore I'm only able to see violet-, green- and alpha-waves.

My monitor's displayport input has become flaky for no obvious reason. Removed cable and used DVI instead, works perfectly.

As long as it fully supports the resolution and features you need (freesync works only on DP on some monitors) who gives a shit

make way for the king

Attached: thunderbolt.jpg (466x466, 15K)

I use Displayport but I can't see the difference between it and HDMI.

If you really believe that then everything is literally a data cable of some sort. Fuck off.