Was using Jow Forums X on Greasemonkey and it was slow and running like shit

Was using Jow Forums X on Greasemonkey and it was slow and running like shit

Changed to Tampermonkey and Jow Forums X is running super smoothly

Attached: Greasemonkey.svg.png (220x220, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SthephanShinkufag/Dollchan-Extension-Tools/wiki/versions-en
violentmonkey.github.io/privacy/
github.com/violentmonkey/violentmonkey
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1372288#c37
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/65096692/#65101706
crash-stats.mozilla.com/crashes-per-day/?p=Firefox&v=61.0&v=58.0&v=57.0&v=52.9.0esr&hang_type=crash&os=Windows&os=Mac OS X&os=Linux&date_start=2018-01-17&date_end=2018-07-01&submit=Generate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yep that's a confirmed fact. If you want free as freedom alternative try violentmonkey

Attached: Slowmonkey.webm (1204x800, 2.74M)

Nice

Is Violent better than Tamper?

I mean it has a small script editor, it works fast and it's open source. I barely used Tampermonkey because of it's shady telemetry/user agreement (maybe it changed for better no idea) so I can't really say about other functions it may have. But it terms of just running scripts it's AT LEAST on the same level. Personally, I found it better at handling amateur dirty scripts (aka shit I made myself) so I've been using it ever since firefox required webextensions addons.

> it's shady
its*
fuck me

Attached: ­.jpg (600x800, 46K)

works fine on seamonkey

Always been using violentmonkey since Opera ages, it's never let me down so far.

>not using Russian botnet
Shiggy

github.com/SthephanShinkufag/Dollchan-Extension-Tools/wiki/versions-en

Attached: spazzing_out.webm (854x480, 668K)

Good shit, can confirm, I stopped using any extensions though.

>blaming Greasemonkey
>while using Quantum
Firefox v52 ESR + Greasemonkey v3.17 does not have this problem. Make a WebM of it, you won't because that would expose the Mozilla's new browser as being the problem.

Let's see this one being removed too.

jus tuse violentmonkey, it's foss and better than greasymonkey

also tampermonkey is nonfree botnet bullshit.

Let's look at the facts shall we? Violentmonkey works fine for people on quantum while people have had issues with greasemonkey. Why can the violentmonkey dev make something that works? Obviously its not the browser but the greasemonkey extension that is the culprit. I myself had issues with gm and switching to vm solved them.

>voluntarily using old slow unsafe software
poor brainlet

>slow
>unsafe
Prove it.
>Obviously its not the browser
And yet Greasemonkey works fine on 52 ESR.
Also, can Violentmonkey run AdsBypasser? No it can't so don't claim that the devs of it made it work perfectly on Quantum when it doesn't even support the same stuff Greasemonkey does. And for the record it never did and never will since Quantum does not allow it.
Good attempt at save face, tho.

>AdsBypasser
Is this your work? Because I haven't seen something so useless in quite some time lmao

You sound mad.

>useless
Just like Quantum.

Violentmonkey works great on Quantum. Greasemonkey would fail to load scripts for me sometimes. So yeah the greasemonkey dev is incompetent while the violentmonkey dev knows what he is doing. I know you're trolling though. And I run adsbypasser just fine with violentmonkey, always have. You're a retard for thinking it doesnt as it's just a script.

I ran into this issue twice over the past couple of months. Greasemonkey running Jow Forums X seems to break the CSS of the site. Zero issues after switching to Tampermonkey.

Attached: vm.png (651x622, 49K)

>Tampermonkey
>installing a botnet
retard alert

>I run adsbypasser just fine with violentmonkey
Not possible on Quantum, on Chromium perhaps.
>You're a retard for thinking it doesnt as it's just a script
Violentmonkey has never and will never support the same internal functions as greasemonkey does on 52 ESR, Quantum doe snot allow it.
>I know you're trolling
No, you are, and failing miserably.

violentmonkey.github.io/privacy/

Attached: 1499906667577.jpg (900x900, 67K)

I don't know what to tell you. I'm running it just fine right now. Does this make you upset?

>I'm running a working AdsBypasser userscript with Violentmonkey on Firefox Quantum just fine right now
No you are not.
>Does this make you upset?
Liars are nothing but scum.

Attached: lol.png (2793x1049, 458K)

BASED
lmao he has nothing to say. like at all. This retard got BTFO so hard he left the thread
any more questions
github.com/violentmonkey/violentmonkey

>Being mad because his old deprecated software isn't anything special or something to brag about.
You are pathetic.

Attached: kek.jpg (1028x444, 69K)

lel

Attached: lel.png (344x109, 4K)

Now do it on clover

Attached: Screenshot_20180701-113112_Clover dev_1.jpg (1080x1512, 178K)

>Legacy
>still not being able to show AdsBypasser bypassing a simple timer like on uploaded.to
And you will never be able to do it on Quantum.
But, please, do continue with the damage control.

>got BTFO
When and where? All I see is poorly thought out damage control posts, like yours, after being unable to prove what you are claiming. Good show, tho.

Not a phonecancer sorry to disappoint you, faggot

>sorry to disappoint you
Too late

>proudly using "new" software with less features and functionality than older version
Who is the
>pathetic
one here?

Reminder that we had a similar thread a few days ago and it got derailed by mad Greasemonkey dev who shitposted form PC and his phone.

Uninstall Greasemonkey now.

Attached: Attention.png (300x260, 9K)

>when out of arguments, throw insults
I'm sorry, what was this thread about? I've been staying on point, why are you so mad?

Buttblasted greasemonkey dev detected
>violentmonkey works
>greasemonkey doesnt
>"No, its the browsers fault greasemonkey doesnt work REEEEE"
jfc

Attached: dovecameron.webm (640x1136, 2.83M)

It has more features like themes support, times faster page load times, better privacy in version 60-61+, shitton of new developer-friendly options and you already can test Webrender in 62 beta if you're smart enough to enable it.
So yeah just stick to your old slow shitty browser all you want, you absolute fucking imbecile. Just shut your mouth about it being somehow better. You already got wrecked on every point by posters ITT
This

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

Report him for spamming here. Don't forget to add archive link. You may also want to leave a bad review. This talentless asshole needs to learn his place.

You should use Violentmonkey instead of botnet m80.

this add-on was great like 2 years ago wasn't it?

>it has this and that "new" useless thingies that barely work
>removes decade old working features to accomplish it
I suppose your intentions are to make me laugh, correct?
>you absolute fucking imbecile
Great way to make your point.

Come back to me when that browser supports running a userscript that is updated almost every month to support new domains, which is this thread's topic.

>I used to run the world you know.jpg
he couldn't adapt to web-ext time, others could. he lost (his mind too apparently)

>out of arguments
>push to imply I'm the dev
Go ahead, spam the Mozilla addons page. Both Quantum and Greasemonkey 4.0+ are absolute dumpster fires (one because of the other).
I've said it before in the thread and I'll say it again, everything works in v52 ESR + Greasemonkey v3.17.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, everything works in Quantum + Violentmonkey. Cant say the same for Greasemonkey though.

>everything
>can't even run AdsBypasser
OK.

What did you expect? Greasemonkey is a slow turd. And it's not getting any better, hell a few month ago it didn't even have script editor in 4+ version. Even Chromecancer like Tampermonkey is better at this point.

Why do you keep repeating this lie? You can easily try yourself. And people have shown they use it. I just installed it and it works. What are you trying to prove? Or is this your idea of fun, trolling?

>lie
>I just installed it and it works
Just because you can add it to the userscript list doesn't mean it works. Go ahead and try to bypass a timer on the list of supported domains, it does _not_ work.
>What are you trying to prove?
I'm stating a fact, I still don't see any WebM of AdsBypasser doing its thing on Violentmonkey in Quantum.

>Greasemonkey is a slow turd on Firefox Quantum*

I didnt get a timer just now on an adfly page and going to image hosting sites is pretty nice because it went straight to the full pic. No complaints so far.

Oh look, greasemonkey fag is spamming Jow Forums with trannies

Greasemonkey no longer works. I tried it. When I found out it was a Web extension finally I uninstalled tampermonkey and set up greasemonkey again. 4chanX wouldn't load and stylechan wouldn't save my settings. So I switched back.

>false flagging this hard
Are you really that desperate, after being out of valid arguments? Jesus Christ, your parents must be proud.

>a Web extension
Indeed, this pretty much killed it, non-WebExt version still works just fine.
I'm still waiting for the browser interchangeable addons that Mozilla so much pushed for as a point in favor of WebExt, never happened, and never will. Developers can only use the tools at their disposal, with Quantum they are very slim (just look at the train wreck that is the "newer" version of NoScript, and it took the dev months of back and forth with Mozilla to get the absolute minimal set of internal stuff to be able to do it as it is now, and it ain't pretty nor functional, but minimally works, to some degree).

umatrix has been better than noscript before quantum and still is.

but why would you go back to ESR just to use Greasemonkey when there's an alternative that works in the most recent FF?

Jesus H Christ brb installing violentmonkey

>just to use Greasemonkey
If Greasemonkey support was the only issue with Quantum, but it is not. Plenty of incompatibilities and crashes plague Quantum land, not to mention the obvious lack addon support.
There was a time when Mozilla software was made with its users in mind, not with mindless "bigger version" and "shinny new thing that barely works" wars. I refuse to subject myself to Mozilla new "laws". ESR 52, with homemade patches, will continue to be my browser, since there is nothing on the web that does not work on it, and it fully supports the extension set I use.
>If something ain't broken, fix it 'till it is.

Again, uMatrix does not replace NoScript.
There are plenty of NoScript features, that I currently use, that uMatrix does not have. Honestly, uBlock Origin could replace uMatrix features far faster than uMatrix would replace NoScript, but you can only know this if you have previously used those extensions beyond their primary feature.

>uBlock Origin can even block specific _inlined_ scripts with ::contains()
I can't thank Gorhill enough for this feature.

>the goyim have a problem with יavascript
>call it userscripts, they'll love it again

It's still better ;^)

>יavascript
Please DELETE.

Oh god.... I installed Greasemonkey today with Jow Forums X and was like:
WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE USE THIS SHIT

Attached: Screenshot_20180701-133619_Clover dev_1.jpg (1080x1468, 177K)

Yeah, greasemonkey devs disappeared up their own asses with 4.0.

Attached: Screenshot_20180701-133619_Clover dev_1.jpg (1080x1468, 177K)

Jow Forums X should immediately remove GM from their page

The pros of quantum are much greater than the cons. There are a few things you currently can't do with addons but it is still very functional, more so than chromium browsers.

>The pros of quantum
Like? What does it fix that was broken in the previous versions?
>inb4 faster CSS parsing
was never an issue, pre-Quantum is already unnoticeable fast on any configuration supported by Firefox (older platforms, like Windows Vista or any non-PulseAudio distribution are not supported)
>inb4 security
Due to the way WebExt work, they leak all their internals to the webpage they are executing, it's pretty easy for non-local scripts to collect their data.
>inb4 E10s / per-process tab
Pre-Quantum Firefox threading was fine, never had a thread bog the system in a way that the main thread could not ask me to terminate it after 10 or so seconds.

>unnoticeable/fast*

Are you saying old firefox with its implementation of xul was more secure? If so than source on that.
And quantum is noticeably faster and more stable for me on multiple OSs and hardware.

>Are you saying old firefox with its implementation of xul was more secure?
To an extent, yes. Extension list could be retrieved, but the data used by the extension could not. Now it's different since the context in which addons run is the same as the page.
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1372288#c37
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/65096692/#65101706
The architecture claimed to be more secure by default, but is broken from the get-go. Leaving the hardwork of making and managing bypasses and sidesteps to the addon developer.
>quantum is noticeably faster and more stable
Faster in what? Some random JS benchmarks? Pre-Quantum loads pages equally fast on any machine I own.
As for being more stable, that's completely false, and the stats being collected by Mozilla itself agree.
crash-stats.mozilla.com/crashes-per-day/?p=Firefox&v=61.0&v=58.0&v=57.0&v=52.9.0esr&hang_type=crash&os=Windows&os=Mac OS X&os=Linux&date_start=2018-01-17&date_end=2018-07-01&submit=Generate

>not using violentmonkey

Personally I have had only 1 crash with quantum since it was released. It used to happen a lot more often before quantum.

>It has more features like themes support
userChrome.css has been a feature for over a decade.
>can't even run useless garbage
oh no how terrible.

on a serious note. oload is the only site there with reasonable use and it doesn't even do shit that the script is supposed to prevent.