Why is Jow Forums so afraid of women in tech?

why is Jow Forums so afraid of women in tech?

Attached: 1524322912204.jpg (735x720, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_Anchalee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The same reason people are afraid of stepping on dogshit when they walk on grass.

fpbp

I'm not afraid of woman in tech, i'm afraid of incompetent people in tech.

Because I've never met a single engineer female that was able to do something without asking for help.

i had a female 'teacher' in one of my engineering classes. she was an obnoxious old bitch that did nothing but interrupt the whole class every few minutes to complain how the equations we were studying didn't follow the duality of man or other such SJW bullshit.

thankfully she wasn't there next semester

>HURR DURR TRUST ME I'M LE ENGINEER
why do they always do this

potential diversity hire skill deficit

I'm afraid of women period.

Would you risk riding in a car designed by a woman? Answer honestly.

things_that_never_happened.txt

They like the idea of being an engineer more than actually doing the work.

And when they find out that real life in the tech/engineering world is nothing like an episode of Big Bang Theory, they blame men and "sexism".

Attached: 5ab16de1e72a031a008b45ff-750-563.jpg (750x563, 44K)

you weren't there fuck off pajeet

I'm not, we actually a have a few female engineers. And as far as I can tell they're pretty good.
But they shouldn't expect to be part of the stereotype of what an engineer looks like until they make up a much larger percentage of the workforce.

You are already

>pic related
You look like "le 56% enginigger"

Notice how it says "I help build" instead of "I build".

this is the only honest answer in the thread so far

"Isis Anchalee is a 22-year-old college dropout who works as an engineer at San Francisco-based tech startup OneLogin."

How does one get engineering credentialed by dropping out of college.

I'm not trying to disrespect women. I went to college with several women who had the skills to advance to Stanford and MIT at the graduate level. I don't think this witch has the skill set, but she does need a lot of attention, which isn't usually the engineering way.

Attached: same shit different day.jpg (661x845, 132K)

--t. buttmad virgin-shaming pro-womyn-in-tech "media campaign" worker

lmao

oh, nevermind -- i guess she's a "social" engineer

Why women love talking in this bullshitty manner?

Attached: Untitled.png (613x228, 28K)

Why is this shit only in software development positions? Sometimes makes me wish I finished my EE degree instead so I wouldn't even have to be in the same field as these retarded fucking assholes. This shot doesn't happen in EE/CE, ME, CE, AE or any other engineering discipline

>life energy.
Absolutely retarded.
To be fair I know a bunch of dudes like this as well

Attached: 1523130806764.png (209x228, 92K)

Scared if I look at them in the wrong way I will get #Metoo and driven to suicide because life ruining implications.

>why is Jow Forums so afraid of women in tech?
She's literally named ISIS dude, she's gonna cut your fucking head off.

I really don't know other than they're special snowflakes and years of smoking weed and doing pills since they were in middle school has fucked their brain up for life

She probably does frontend stuff like icons and shit.
Women like her are just a meme for other meme women.

probably let go from lack of capability

I'm not afraid of women in tech.
I'm afraid of women in tech who don't want to be in tech.

/thread

Rewriting code comments is not programming, that's why

why does this enginigger has a wikipedia page?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_Anchalee
hasn't anyone told it that wikipedia is not facebook?

Women care more about being thought of having done things than doing things.
Men say
>I performed a task. The results were as expected.
Women say
>I am a task performer. Associate me with performing the task.

“I first taught myself how to code when I was 8 years old by right clicking ‘view source’ and reverse engineering other people’s websites to build my own Neopets guild websites in HTML/CSS. For many years I didn’t realize that coding could lead to a real career. I didn’t even know what a startup was until I moved to Berkeley.

I was a biology major until making the decision to drop out of school to teach myself to code, after being inspired by a friend of mine who also was self taught.

After studying coding full-time on my own for a year in JavaScript, I ended up attending AppAcademy to learn Ruby on Rails which shortly after lead to landing a software engineering position at OneLogin, an enterprise identity management company.

While I was there I pioneered their style guide, built core end-user experience features and refactored a lot of code.

After moving on from OneLogin I decided to attend the iOS bootcamp Codepath, and ended up landing a role as a software engineer at Uber on the Driver Experience team.”

“At Codepath, in a class surrounded by mostly senior engineers, my project Echo ended up placing #1 in the public demo day.

It’s a dance journal for iOS.

It empowered dancers to track their growth, and to get personalized, real-time feedback from respected teachers in the community. Dancers could upload videos of their dances, and request a teacher to give them feedback. It then enters “feedback mode” where the teacher can press down a button to pause the video, and start recording live audio/location pulse tap gestures over the current frame of the video to then send back to the user.”

>i help build enterprise software
women
>i build enterprise software
men

*tips*

isis wenger was hired by chloe bregman, an art major:

Director of Design & Brand Experience
OneLogin / April 2014 (1 year 6 months)

Built the future of Identity-based security bringing consumer grade UX to the enterprise. Strategized, defined and executed the 360° creative direction of the brand and user experience for three customer segments (small business, mid-size and enterprise) across Onelogin.

Worked closely with C-level executives to rebrand and reposition the company as an innovative enterprise-grade security solution transitioning Onelogin into Gartner’s Visionary Magic Quadrant.
Established, recruited, hired, managed and inspired a cross-functional agile team of designers and developers, leading them on consistent results driven digital, print and event brand experience design.

Provided marketing leadership during period with no CMO or VP. Managed the design budget and the marketing budget. Reported to the CEO.

Lead the rebrand strategy, developed the visual identity system and coordinated rollout across all products and properties.

Managed development and deployment strategy across multiple secure synchronized servers. Lead IA, content strategy, and design of a new localized multi-lingual onelogin.com in 3 months time period. Increased traffic by 1/3 within a few months from relaunch.

Created recruiting brand and interview process to foster empowerment, diversity and inclusion. Lead strategy, messaging and art direction for the ad campaign that lead to 250k tweets of #ILOOKLIKEANENGINEER, doubling female applicants and increasing brand awareness. Managed PR, speaking strategy and TV appearances for Isis Anchalee and Onelogin. Subsequently, Onelogin named one of the top places to work in Silicon Valley by Fortune, Glassdoor, and the Muse.

Partnered with demand generation to iteratively design and a/b test marketing campaigns and 34+ event experiences to increase conversion rates achieving a 2-3x MQL increase YOY.

so essentially poor isis was used by bregman as a marketing promotion, to bump onelogin in the ranks a "a place to work"

used again for her looks
but thats her main avenue of self promotion

you are a hiring manager. do you hire burnt qt you may be able to fuck or that ugly bastard that looks like the last 10 guys you've hired?

this. Same thing with people who say they ‘love’ science but are undergrads. They have zero idea of what doing science or engineering is, but by god they will let you know they love it.

In this case, Onelogin needed a recruitment campaign to bring in diversity hires, and "managed PR, speaking and appearances" for this poster child as a way to promote the company. So she wasn't hired for her engineering skills, just her delusions of grandeur.

thread should've ended here lol

Mr OP no one is afraid of women in tech. They get mad when buddy who has been working their for 10 years gets booted cuz to many men and its some chick who cant pull her own weight and takes a shit ton of time off.

I want a nuclear power plant job, if things go wrong I'll be removed from the world quickly...And I'll get to do work that actually matters!

I've had some professors like this but they were in sociology. Mrs. Gold. 300 pounds. Spent half the class talking about her ex husband. Couldn't keep that bitch focused no matter how many times we tried.

Because they have a vagina.

T%his, and in general

because they don't open bob or vegene and get you in trouble with hr.

I've browsed her twitter stack and I suspect its not going to end well for the engineering aspect. Very unfocused and self-centered individual. Might be a good SJW commentator though.

It's like watching the dog that goes through the motions of doing CPR. It's cute.

pajeet...

I know this is bait but that's not even the primary complaint from people like James Damore and his followers.
I LOVE women in technology fields. Nothing would be cooler than a woman who is legitimately interested in her field because she'll because be able to provide unique insights and approaches to problem solving.
The problem is with enticing women into fields they're not interested in for the sake of diversity. You know damn well that if you were a black woman who spent 6 months teaching yourself the basics of logic and like 3 languages you would get any job in the field you wanted where as if you were a white man nothing less than a bachelors+experience is acceptable.

you sound like a giant faggot

This is the problem. But social welfare programs MUST proceed.

Right?

Pretty sure it's an old name for a Egyptian God, fool

found the roastie with an engineering certificate from HTML scripting course 101

Jow Forums crossboarders

I mean, in which country? I would much prefer things like medicaid abuse by big companies be curbed before they end EBT and PA in america but I'm not a politician I'm a computer scientist and I vote republican.

Its a lie, mostly. Women are just bad at tech. They get hired because they are women and not because they have talent. They should be making sandwiches.

yeah I'm sure that totally happened

Attached: 1350357390965.jpg (450x333, 42K)

>and I vote republican.
You should tell your party to get their shit together. We as a country look like retards on the global stage now.

I don't give a shit about them, if they actually do their job they're already better than 75% of the male co-workers I have at work

>I help build enterprise software
>help build
That's the kind of shit I would say about myself when I was first starting out and did nothing of importance or skill

I guarantee your elitist ass couldn't program yourself out of a wet paper bag

I'm just plain afraid of women.

Attached: 2e9bb5248983b23b9bc3d047b628e678c084389b2719f74e95bd953a138c7449.jpg (800x680, 152K)

#MeToo

my experience in a non computer engineering program years ago

>literally 5 women in ther program from the entering class of 2008
>1 is competent, 4 are retards
>any marginal issue manages to get walked through baby step by baby step during class while guys have to go to office hours, nbd but annoying
>know for a fact that one of the 4 tards failed calc 2 because I was in the class with her and she never scored more than a high 60 on a test, got a C for a final grade and had the balls to complain to the department head about her "low" grade.
>one competent one slowly becomes less competent because there's no need for her to try
>everything they do on a project needs to be redone because it's shit
>5 years later literally none of them are involved in engineering any more

I would imagine that is why

Y'all are a bunch of misogynistic pigs

Attached: womentech.png (1340x1226, 275K)

P R O P A G A N D A

Lmao

>make everything const
wow can I be a looniks haksor too?

That's actually relatively good work, unironically.

Knowing what is and what isn't const genuinely increases readability.

i may poo in her loo if you know what i mean

It's good for organizational purposes but if you can't tell just from looking at it then you shouldn't be a programmer to begin with.

I was just memeing.

This kind of "hire someone fun" only goes on at bullshit companies like Onelogin. Dumbasses like Miss Hiphop Dancer wouldn't get past the resume round at most companies that do real software engineering for important things like aircraft flight control.

#iLookLikeAnEngineer

Attached: eng.jpg (687x389, 45K)

Hold the fuck up. Are we seriously glossing over the fact that her first name is ISIS?

Some women are good at tech, but there's not many.

The 'Get girls into Stem' movement does not get girls into stem. It gets them into the 'Get girls into Stem' movement.

It's just the women's extension of corporate BS language.

More like marketing.

The first college programming course I took, there were 50 people more or less, and 7 were women. There were 12 guys who had taken some kind of AP programming in high school. By the third class, 5 women had dropped, and there were 30 guys left. After the pointers lecture which was the five lectures in, the last girl dropped out, the original 12 AP dude were there, and there was me and 8 others.

I recall that one of the last girls was asking a question about printer I/O (using C++) and the professor wasn't very helpful - he said something like: that's something you will need to figure out.

Most women work in collectives, and her collective was gone.

Attached: check us out but dont objectify us but were pretty right and give us attention.jpg (960x720, 38K)

I would love to work with her, need more babes too eyefuck in the office

Yaaaasss Queen.

Attached: IsisBlack3.jpg (352x271, 44K)

>but if you can't tell just from looking at it then you shouldn't be a programmer to begin with
t. writes functions with hard to predict side effects

I had a roommate who was in his last year of CompSci and needed to do his compulsory internship so i recommended him to apply to the place i was doing it at. He wasn't a Good Will Hunting but he had good grades and was a pretty good programmer, he done most of his courses and stuff.

He didn't get hired, he didn't even get an interview, they didn't even reply to his emails.

Now, the same time that happened four new people were hired at an office near me, one of them was the boyfriend of one of the HR girls, the other was an intern girl who was majoring German Studies and had 80 credits of CompSci courses (basically first year minus sone math) and she didn't know many states one byte of data had.

I'm not sexist, i even had a girl studymate who started same year as me and pretty much blew anyone out when it came to CompSci (she went to hackathons and stuff), but because of the former incidents im usually sceptical about women in tech, especially in sjw multinationals.

how many states*

>I LOVE women in technology fields. Nothing would be cooler than a woman who is legitimately interested in her field because she'll because be able to provide unique insights and approaches to problem solving.
what does this even mean? How does being a woman give ‘unique insights’? You sound like a redditnigger.

same thing happened at the place I interned at.
literally first year it was one girl at the on campus lab at my school. then the manager of the intern project transitioned out and was replaced by some woman.

last year i was in, like 80% of the on campus lab was full of women. it was keks.

Girls = Drama
Drama = Time
Time = Money
Therefore, start losing shekels as soon as a girl walks in.
I want muh shekels.

Is this the new incel thread?

>ugh my code is good enough if you know what youre doing i dont need any sort of structuring

>Interaction Engineer
So she's a receptionist.

She interrupted her own lectures to complain about equations she chose to teach?

That's unreal!
> Literally

yes.
did you buy your 8086k yet? mine just arrived and I'm lovin it™®©

More labour dumping

Interaction Engineer is the new corporate buzzword for UX Engineer.

Nobody likes a woman's period

>ISIS

>@isisAnchanlee
>isis

Attached: liquiiiiiiid.jpg (104x178, 5K)

Is her name really "Isis" - that is hilarious

This was extremely painful to read.
Perhaps she should go back to neopets.