Stop using Gentoo, user. Also stop recommending it to other people, I haver never told anyone to install it...

Stop using Gentoo, user. Also stop recommending it to other people, I haver never told anyone to install it, and I will never do it, unless they stop giving support to disgusting private software, of course. So, please, stop putting words that aren't mine in my mouth and use a real libre system, like Trisquel, my preferred GNU/Linux distribution. Why aren't you running Trisquel and Libreboot on your computer right now, user?

Attached: stallman-trisquel.jpg (600x399, 72K)

My computer isn't compatible with libreboot.

Install pentoo

Then you should reverse engineer your computer and find how to make it compatible with Libreboot. Don't you want to feel the sweet taste of freedom, user?

When is Jow Forums finally gonna get on board with the fact that GuixSD is its destiny?

No more based distro on this planet. Maybe only if we got Symbolics' Genera release as libre and then adopted it with Guix' stack in order to have an even more complete lisp machine.

Don't you see the truth, user?

Attached: Guix_System_Distribution_logo.svg.png (2000x1782, 123K)

When it supports lvm. Protip:it failed to do so for more than 5 years so far and it doesn't look like it'll have lvm support in the next 5.

eh, of course it will. I suppose it hasn't been a priority or something. I just use it with luks and btrfs and it's pretty based.

Point taken though, still no `production ready` release. Maybe I'm shilling a bit too early when there is still a lot of low hanging criticism to throw around.

s/gentoo/Linux for Negros ?

Whatever suits your `special` needs, user. No judgement here.

It's amazing that there are nonfree package collections for guixsd before it has any lvm support. What's even more amazing is that there have been at least 4 lvm support addition PRs and all were abandoned. That's more than a misalignment of priorities.

I take your valid criticism on board. I obviously wouldn't shill guixSD to just about anyone, I have a high-ish standard for whom reads this board (yea, it's a mistake I know) so would expect them to be more understanding of software still under development i.e. beta release.

People can try guix natively in their normal OS, i.e. ubuntu, debian, arch, gentoo. Or in a VM, they have VirtualBox instructions as part of the official manual.

I you know how to program and are excited by gnu.org/s/guix , then please help bring proper lvm support and possibly look at other outstanding issues on the bugtracker.

We're all in this together, so to say.

What's his band called?

Attached: 09275232.png (261x195, 14K)

Richard and the GNU/Males

Dick Stallion and the GIMPs

i have replaced gentoo with steamos and i am pretty satisfied so far.

My T60 has the wrong screen and mobo for trannyboot

Pedophiles in denial

My peppers are green

The green pepperonis

Two times heretic.

Even worse, guix doesn't support luks version 2 at all! Incredible! What the fuck, how is that even allowed?
Currently the live image actually works, but it's impossible to either build guix from the source tarball or even run from the binary tarball on a debian-based system. Is this what they call GNU/Quality?

Fake and gay.

My gentoo install is compiled without non-free blobs and i set my license flags to accept only free software. Such is the power of gentoo.

This. Not only does gentoo just werk unlike literally any other distro, it also happens to be extremely configurable, and I'm not talking about manually compiling things outside the framework of your package manager and manually keeping track of what you install. There's a package management config for anything you might want. Plus, no systemdick.
Install Gentoo.