50Mbps down

> 50Mbps down
> Takes half hour to load new images
> Literally every captcha I get is like this
Am I the only one? Is Hiroshima desperate for more money to waste on Clash Royale?

Attached: sadsad.png (583x921, 221K)

Seriously is nobody else experiencing this?

Jow Forums is slow, this is normal

But isn't the captcha entirely on googles side?

>on Jow Forums
>this retarded
checks out

It's Google being dicks. Welcome to the new world.

Use no-javascript captcha

it deliberately fades in pictures slowly, nothing to do with downloading

I've noticed the captcha system behaves quite differently depending on which ISP I use.

it has nothing to do with Jow Forums captcha is fucked for some reason

holy shit, i've never seen a bigger idiot than this guy. I'm not even kidding. Sorry but PLEASE inform yourself before you spread idiotism.

Can I have a non-javascript captcha without 100 other extra features I don't want?

If you accept doing the ones with fades, you're a cuck irl.

Attached: 1530466034759.png (583x921, 218K)

Even if I reroll I just keep getting more fading shit.
The only way to get a normal is to intentionally fail but I still have to wait for the new images to appear.

>b-b-bu-but google is awesome
>they're so talented and employ some great developers
>the best
>Captcha's are so effective

How about we not assist google with data mining? There has to be a better way..

Attached: seems legit.jpg (381x505, 36K)

Attached: riiiiight.jpg (386x507, 37K)

These ones are the best. You just hit verify.

I don't get this meme. If we're aiding Google train their data mining models, how do they know what tiles on the captcha are right in the first place?

Attached: birddance.gif (258x258, 932K)

By people who do what they're told

Works on my machine!

businessinsider.com/google-no-captcha-adtruth-privacy-research-2015-2

Because if most people select a particular tile, it must be right. So if 89% of 1m people select a tile because it has a car on it, it's more than likely gonna be a car.

God knows why you're on Jow Forums asking questions like that, but then again... It's summer.

>Pass user since 2013

Does that mean that you have been paying to post in this shithole since 2013?

>I just keep getting more
reload more

>if there are none click skip
>click skip
holy shit nigger are you retarded

This seems to have happened recently. These fading captcha is all I'm getting now. Even when I click the reload button it's still the fading captchas. Fuck.

No, you fucking idiot. Try "epic trolling" the captcha, it already knows what tiles are wrong. You're not doing shit if the system already is confident enough that it's right.

mods please delete this thread as it isn't a faggot thread on /b/

But then how did it show the CAPTCHA to those 89% and made sure they weren't bots? A 0.5% failure rate is already serious enough for spam bots and other malicious actors to get through.

Attached: huh.jpg (500x500, 33K)

Or, maybe I just used an old login... you'll never know...

Is this how people could type nigger for the old captcha and it would work

gr8 b8 m8

implying captcha isn't a buggy shit hole of authentication.
>click skip
If only it were that easy. You do realize there are like 8 different bugs within the captcha system and "skipping" is placebo and most likely will load another defective captcha. It took me over an hour yesterday to post a reply.
>inb4 you're blind
>inb4 you're a retard
If you're even on about captcha working ever, under any circumstances, you're either the retard or baiting.

It worked on the old captcha but it doesn't work in the new "data mining" one

isolate the nojs captcha toggle and delete all the other stuff you fucking retard

Attached: 1395649262649.gif (996x887, 66K)

We got a retard over here guys.

yes, Jow Forums uses captcha as a service. It doesn't host captcha itself.

you're retarded

It's captcha testing new anti-bot functionality by adding in time delay.

>time delay
Really practical
Really efficient

Google is fucking retarded

Yeah, that's the old captcha.

>just code it yourself lol

>Is Hiroshima desperate for more money to waste on Clash Royale?
kek

>let's base our security against malicious actos off untested, untrained datasets
Is this what you're proposing Google released to the general public?

skipping always works fine for me and most of the time i dont even need a captcha for the next post since im not a fucking retard who cant click skip

don't expect other people to do shit for you

Unlike the older book text captchas google already has a very good idea as to what tiles are correct.

All you are doing is reaffirming their model. When you pick tiles that it largely disagrees with is when you get denied.

>skipping

Attached: wut.jpg (545x359, 46K)

summerfag

I don't know why you're shilling captcha's or even insisting that they're effective
>works for me
Great! but you're not the center of the internet

works on my machine

>nooo google is using you goyim to train their meme networks wake up sheeple!
>but if we're training it then why does it already work
>ah well it's already trained
fucking epic

You can still mess with the captcha. If there's uncertainty you can get away with it because a lot of poor souls like us are rushing through and there's still enough margin of error on the uncertain ones for the captcha to validate that tile as a tricky one that many might miss. See attached image for vehicles and store fronts. This was accepted.

For street signs you can mark store signs a lot of the time, and sidewalks you can just mark any continuous gray strip of land. etc. You gotta be smarter than an pajeet.

Attached: 1.jpg (820x405, 100K)

Fantastic

You have single-handedly solved everyone else's captcha issues by contributing your own experience. I feel so much better now...

Attached: EEEERRRHURR.jpg (87x119, 10K)

That's what I can't wrap my head around, even if Google has a "very good idea", it's nowhere near 100% perfect, but it's being used to protect banks, government web sites, mail accounts and other stuff that shouldn't let absolutely anything go through.

Only if you do it too quick and for too many times. If it happens, take it as a sign that your shitpost it was never meant to happen and take a break from Jow Forums.

your welcome,btw are you phoneposting cause i only ever get slow fades on my phone desktops fine though

Google's very existence renders the web less secure. Web server hacking is so much easier because of google and their inability to lock down the commands necessary to find out everything one would need to know to pull off an operation.

I'm not the slow fade user

I have never phone posted

not a mobile fag

>but it's being used to protect banks, government web sites, mail accounts and other stuff that shouldn't let absolutely anything go through.

I've never seen recaptcha used on a bank or government website. Not even credit card sites use recaptcha.

The only mailing site that uses recaptcha that I have seen is gmail itself. Microshit uses a simplistic captcha if you fail too much and i've never hit that limit on other sites.

Why doesn't the technology board DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS??

Step up as the heroes we expect you to be.

This user is a prick, or a low bait troll.

oh ok,but seriously i never have any issues except for slow fade on mobile and also it was pretty funny watching him get mad

Attached: 5985698656.png (500x294, 23K)

Who the fuck are you?

I'm a non techie outsider who wishes to express my right to free speech on the internet, while entrusting that a dedicated tech community will put their minds and skills together to solve what we all agree upon is a problem - the terrible CAPTCHA system.

oh

>my right to free speech on the internet
stopped reading there.

Resetting my IP made it stop being so slow. Not sure how long it'll last though.

You better be a troll.

you are retarded.

Explain?

I have experienced the slow fade on my laptop. It's not as slow as he stated. I don't get off on frustrated users though. When it takes over an hour to post, due to correctly solving over 100 different captcha's, all the while each still states "try again" it's clear that this issue cannot be narrowed down to one user or a small number of them. To even imply the captcha system works is absolute bait. Like I mentioned before there are numerous bugs within the captcha system and I'm shocked that it's 2017+1 and that there hasn't been an acceptable alternative created. We've come so far with technology but we're too dense to create a system that actually works to effectively combat bots or spam. Besides, there are plenty of bots on Jow Forums. Captcha has done nothing to halt their cancer.

bretty sad

First of all you don't have a right to free speech on the internet and secondly Jow Forums has no control over what system is used for preventing bots when posting. recapctcha isn't going anywhere at the end of the day, especially considering it has worked when you compare the spam now a days to that of pre-recapctcha and the entire spamming event that prompted moot to do it.

eh not really getting off on it more of just its funny some people are so obsessed with this site they'll get that riled up over a captcha maybe when it does that its a sign to take a break or do something else for a bit

Attached: 85697249453.jpg (900x675, 223K)

Work on forging an alternative. There are enough of you here to make a start on that. It might mean though you have to trim the desktop, mpv player, politics, and trash treads a little bit. But all in the name of good. You are so defeatist. Willful people don't take no as an acceptable answer. It's pathetic you are so complacent about the state of things. If it is too difficult, make a start anyway.

This is some people's community. Where they go to socialize or contribute to discussions about mutual interests. This site may be all some anons have. Sure, you could chastise them for it, tell them to go outside blah blah, not everyone shares the same rational as you. I wouldn't say it's obsession, rather than something that should be pretty simple but is like pulling teeth. I totally understand the frustration.

A lot of talk for someone who will never contribute anything worthwhile to this "project".

t. idea person

fuck off

i go here for that too and i wasnt saying completely remove yourself from the board? just do something else for maybe 30 minutes like make some food or play a game and check how captcha is then

Can you not say exactly the same of yourself you negative minded cocksucker. The first stage is realizing what needs to be done. If I can't engage you on that fundamental level you can't move forward.

Its a broken system. No amount of Hot Pocket cookery will change that. It's defective and needs to be replaced.

t. signed
I had to complete three annoying Captchas plus endure a timeout to post this short response.

No, because he isn't expecting someone else to hand everything to him on a platter.

So I will hear no more from you now? As you realize your given right to continue posting is only assumed? How dare you continue to use this system. Let's at least work together on making it worse for everyone! And well done on deliberately reframing everything I say with every response.

150mbps and it's slow as tits

just pay up goy

Jow Forums images have been loading slow as shit lately on my 110mbps connection though. Dunno if it's just the ISP being a shit or Hiroshima Nagasaki throttling the servers.

it has nothing to do with connections speed. It's just the fade is delayed. You can watch the connection get the image before it unfades.

Yeah, but images have been loading more slowly than usual for me regardless.

Well it has nothing to do with Jow Forums since recaptcha is not Jow Forums.

I don't think you fully understand the situation. How do you expect us to force Hiro to implement something better? He won't even use better codecs that would save him bandwidth and people have been bitching about that for years. So how do you expect him to make our experience better and easier to post? Honestly, whats your idea? What would be your first step?

I'm not talking about captcha I'm talking about Jow Forums hosted images. I use a pass; I don't care about poorfags clicking cars.

I would suggest bitching not be the first approach. Present to him an excellent solution with accompanying reasoning. But feel no immediate need to rush into it to half ass this presentation. Think of it as a job interview. I haven't kept up on the new moot but I assume the relationship between users and admin is tarnished.

The first step I should think would be to make this an active discussion. This is something everybody hates. So regular threads. There are some basic questions regulars like me don't know the answer to. Such as, who is in charge of maintaining the quality of these CAPCHA tests. Can we contact them? Pressure should be put on making them do their job well. Perhaps we could suggest improving the code or replacing it with something better.

Are you blocking google analytics?
Did your IP change?
Are you using any browser other than Chrome.
These will make the Captcha act like shit no matter your connection speed or how good your PC is.
It's all in the Captcha itself. There is no user error or problem with your browser. Anyone that tells you that is fucking lying.

some idiot added support for slow loading to browsers and they use that to do it

I am

that button does not help anymore and gives you the automated request ban if you try to get something easier.

the other option is giving your real name and credit card details to this site

You do that and let us know how it works out.

Thanks for your help. I'll do this and keep the result to myself. As you wish, you are not deserving of anything that doesn't currently exist. And how can you respect an attitude like yours? Do you wish the whole board share your angry pessimism about a problem that is ongoing and everyone shares?

only if i can get a valid card without my name

>I'll do this and keep the result to myself.
Noo! Don't take away from me what I care so deeply!

Each response you resort to snarky jabs, presumption, sarcasm, and negativity. Because you don't have a proper argument. Try this argumentation in real life with me face to face and see how it washes. There is plenty of good points you have ignored with each of my responses. Each of yours I expect you to address them.