Svn is better than git

svn is better than git.

Attached: sourcecontrolsystems[1].png (459x228, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghtpJnrdgbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

google drive is better than git
I use it for all my projects

this but unironically

I use svn too.

fossil > git >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> svn, mercurial, etc

i like svn better, but i wouldnt say its better than git, both have their strong points. with git repos being more available nowadays its hard for newfriends to even consider svn (and why would they when the only thing on the news is git related)

if they started using SC when git took over I don't see how their opinion matters

I use svn and fossil-scm depending on the project.
youtube.com/watch?v=ghtpJnrdgbo

what's the simplest way to set up git server that matches fossil's built-in?

neck yourself but unironically

nah, I dream of an opportunity to neck myself in some ironic way

is this true?????

For personal projects and the small dev team at my job SVN is much better for its directness

All I am hearing is "I am too dumb to use git".
You literally only need to know 4 commands to use git on a basic level.

yes, to some extent. dont take it as a tautology, tho (really knowing what you are doing and the usage setup matters)

Are there any free svn repo hosts that can be trusted? Sourceforge should not be trusted.

buy new hearing aides old man. you missed the entire point if you thought that presentation was only about how many commands you need to know.

>what if I want to change a commit's list of parents after commit

What? Is he stupid?

¿ why fossil is the best ?

so, you're a retard? fossil is literally the definition of bloatware and fucking sucks asshole. tickets and the wiki builtin are overly simplistic and basically forces some semblance of centralization. literally a git master like gitlab makes all of fossile full retard.

>svn is better than git
>half assed features like svn changelist
>weird conflicts when deleting/renaming a lot of files
>no branches
>unstable as fuck repo format that has to be upgraded all the time and makes it hard to work on the same repo with different versions of svn.

get.
the.
fuck
out.

who are you retards? are you all so unironically retarded? have you even managed an svn master or master master replication? it's literally the most cancerous garbage i ever dealt with.

git's design is leagues ahead of anything any smelly sqlite3 using piece of centralized garbage version control system you think is good.

it's not. it's one of the worst pieces of garbage currently being shilled. YOU DO NOT NEED A FUCKING WEB SERVICE IN YOUR FUCKING VERSION CONTROL

even mercurial is unironically better than anything by that retard and mercurial is also hot garbage.

People still use SVN?

Attached: bear.jpg (640x360, 27K)

> YOU DO NOT NEED A FUCKING WEB SERVICE IN YOUR FUCKING VERSION CONTROL

as if 90% of works (serious, not another fizzbuzz implementation) don't automatically benefits for having wiki, technical note and ticketing

> even mercurial is unironically better than anything by that retard and mercurial is also hot garbage

I know you are retarded user, but come on...

then use a proper web app like gitlab, gerrit or the many free and nonfree tools that do everything fossil does 1000% better.

fossil's webshit is garbage and poorly designed. deal with it child.

sadly. mostly just garbage written in the last few decades.

I haven't seen much greenfield shit using svn and for good reason. atlassian has some good blogs on the why if anyone cares.

>taking advice from a guy wearing Crocs
yeah, that's gonna be a no from me

i worked at an internship and they used svn because lead dev was a bit old and couldn't be bothered to learn git (i guess). i suppose it doesn't matter what scm system you use as long as you can get stuff done and team i worked with could.

timestamp?

git config
git init
git clone
git push
git pull (ok technically you can remove repo and clone it again)
git add
git commit
optionally:
git branch
git checkout
git merge

sounds more than 4 to me

7:10 onwards

Attached: 1528667512987.jpg (1001x785, 87K)

only if you know how much bloatware is inside git

>git config
You only need to call it once at the start, it tells you exactly how you need to call it, and you can forget about it immediately after.
>git init
>git clone
Mutually exclusive.
>git push
>git pull
Only required if working with a remote repository.
>git add
Technically not needed, because of git commit -a.

So
git config
git init/clone
git commit -a

>only if you know how much bloatware is inside git

there is no bloat in git. all the features have a clear use which you'd know if you actually had a real job with a large project and needed to do basic things like git bisect.

>bisect

SVN can do that too.

and there are a lot of basic things svn can't do. like have a stable repo format or have branches.

why would you think I speak about analysis tools? these objectively belong to VCS
git ships with 2 gui front-ends and one CGI web server (can't actually serve on it's own) and it's own protocol (would love to know how is it remotely useful)

at this point you don't need to use git at all

>2 gui front-ends
gitk and what?

SVN is absolute trash.
Horrible CLI.
God awful slow.

git-gui

If you want some very easy to run why not use gitlab and host it yourself? Fossil and svn kinda useless

Better at what?

better at everything you git monkey

This thread was created by a git-bashing monkey.
I guess git is an idiot filter.

git is fucking easy as shit to use, however it's still hot garbage. Though if you want a decentralized vcs shitshow then by all means continue to use shit, I mean git.

Actually I use both, I have a tool that makes committing/pulling the same regardless of SVN, GIT or CVS. In fact I run my company's enterprise Bitbucket and Subverison instances. From my point of view the way Subversion stores changes less efficiently and does not scale as well as Git. Why use SVN?

Every sane distro out there has these GUIs as separate subpackages. Either way, they are completely optional modules that don't have anything to do with the git command.

>Not sharing the only computer in the office with the other 40 rajeshs
Why do you need a version control system again?