Why the fuck aren't there any decent 7" Android tablets anymore...

Why the fuck aren't there any decent 7" Android tablets anymore? I'm looking for a good resolution 7" tablet with modern specs for general web browsing.

Attached: A.jpg (450x450, 18K)

The closest thing I could find is the Galaxy Tab A, and I have a problem spending $120 on something that's 2 years old with low end specs.

Wait a year or two and you'll have 7" android phones

shit i hope not

Look for old shit in ebay or Craigslist like a nexus 9. No point spending msrp on abandoned products

in my opinion the best value in that range is the amazon fire 8, just sideload google play store and you'll have access to almost everything a normal android tablet has.

don't get the 7; i'm not sure the discrepancy in specs but i got one NIB for cheap and it's

>amazon fire 8
doesn't that bombard you with ads?

I mean, FireOS is designed to constantly be selling you things. You can pay for them to remove the 'special offers', but it's still basically throwing products/books/movies/songs that they think you want in front of you at all times. There's a reason why the tablets are so cheap for having a decent build quality, the amount of advertisement in the OS itself is insane.

they're called smartphones now

It's already nearing that point. 6'' seems to be a "standard" size nowadays.

1 inch smaller and you get what they call smart phones

yes. that's why they're so cheap. I've tuned them out by this point. they hit sale price for $60, it's basically unbeatable.

I bought the newest Fire 7 (basically same specs) and it was absolute trash. Completely unusable with the play store sideloaded.

I have a galaxy S9 and would rather not carry a tablet in my pants on the daily, thanks.

having both, there's a clear difference in performance between the 7 and 8; more than the 1gb vs 1.5gb ram spec sheet comparison would indicate.

i use the 8 for three things:
- youtube (via sideloaded google play store); i cast it to my TV
- clash of clans
- limited web browsing via amazon silk browser

the 7 is demonstrably worse at all these things. i don't use it for anything.

Not taking the chance on buying another Amazon tablet just to have it shit up on basic tasks. So far, there have been literally zero 7" tablets recommended in this thread, which leads me to believe that my second post is the best I can do.

Prove me wrong, nerds.

I bought one because all of the other brands were out of stock or had some other problem I didn't want.

It's shit, but it plays video and displays chinese comics well enough, needs a decent sized sd card though.

they will be 7* but foldable into 4.

I'm not sure how you feel about used items, you could always try to find a Nexus 7 2013 in good condition

vivo nex is 6.59"

Android tablets are dead, either get a big phone or a 2-in-1 laptop that can run real software.

Mi Max 3.

Yeah, I don't plan on doing anything crazy with it. Just web browsing.

Would rather not wait 5 years for that to actually be a thing.

Best "very good" condition could find is $85 shipped on Amazon. Maybe a little high for 5 year old dead technology.

Those are phones. I have a phone. I don't need another phone. I'm not looking for a phone.

anyone have experience with china tablets?

You're looking for an android device with a roughly 7 inch screen, those are phones now.

I'm very specifically not looking for a phone.

You're looking for something that doesn't exist anymore.

Sure it does. I listed one option in my second post. I'm just looking for a better option.

7" Android tablets have universally been low spec of quite some time with few exceptions, but if you're willing to buy used you have a lot of options, and some of the 7" Fire tablets are rootable too.
t. Replying from a circa 2013 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7"
Slow but perfectly serviceable.

>2 years old and low end specs
That's not "decent" and that's what I'm telling you. If you want a decent device it's going to either be a phone or a windows tablet.

Yeah, it seems like all of the more recent smaller tablets have gone to 7.9-8" displays to compete with the fucking ipad mini.

>decent
>windows tablet
heh

It's sad, 7" with a 16:10 screen ratio is a god tier combo for casual reading with one hand. I had to disable most of the google apps to get decent performance out of my Tab 3 but it runs just as good as the day I bought it, if not better.
I also have an 8 inch win8.1 intel atom tablet for VN's, the software simply isn't there for reading manga and the battery management is is godawful.

>android tablets
>decent
>anymore
They were never decent, also android tablets are pretty much dead. You should just jump on the iPad bandwagon or just get a 2 in 1 laptop

Attached: 0ab.gif (1280x720, 667K)

samsung is confirmed releasing a foldable early 2019 for $1.8k (in korean won). microsoft is rumored around that time period too.

You're completely missing the point. Also, Samsung is expected to release the Tab S4 this summer. Android tablets are clearly not dead.

I'd rather not wait a year for more vaporware. The goal is to get something usable now, and upgrade down the line if/when something better comes out.

alrite what is the best tablet in price/performance right now?

probably one of the amazon fire tablets on sale