SFF General

I want to build a water-cooled dual GPU in a SFF case. I'm looking at the N1 mostly because it looks nice and minimalistic and very easy to build in, but am open to suggestions.

I've noticed I can't even find an ITX motherboard with two PCI-E slots, do I need to go to mATX to fit two GPUs?

Attached: nznovomzstj8gbqu9emm.jpg (620x373, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=watercooled ncase
akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/hotline/20130622/ni_caceg40cl.html
hardforum.com/threads/3-slot-matx-motherboard-in-ncase-m1.1812629/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I've noticed I can't even find an ITX motherboard with two PCI-E slots, do I need to go to mATX to fit two GPUs?

If you're this new to PC building that you don't even know this then I suggest not going SFF. This is basics.

Mini-ITX is never going to support more than one GPU
Micro-ATX is as small as you can go and even then I'm not sure how many support 8x with the second slot
Also good luck watercooling at all lmao

Attached: 1525795702046.jpg (900x900, 91K)

If you have to ask this you really shouldn't be doing an itx build much less a SFF dual GPU water cooled build. You're going to find yourself in really deep waters and in over your head.

not possible.

>Mini-ITX is never going to support more than one GPU

There are ways beyond dualGPU cards but they require specific motherboards and parts that you don't find on places like newegg. Probably a bit much for OP considering they're asking a question like that.

Attached: mf4y6We.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

>a thread died for this

cool, didn't know you could do this. looks horrendous though. can you even put the panels back to close the top/sides?

Pretty sure. That build is bad but it was just the first I could find to illustrate it's possible. There was a much cleaner build I remember that used two watercooled single slot cards but I couldn't find it.

i can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to maintain it.

you need dtx, not itx for that. good luck finding one though, and good luck fitting a pump and reservoir into an ncase

" i want things that don't exist ": the thread

Mini-ITX has maximum of a single PCIe slot in the same way that mATX has a maximum of four. It's a physically smaller board, and it will never have more than that.

SLI is dead anyway, so unless you have some other need for a second card, that's not a good reason not to use mini-ITX.

Attached: SFF-motherboard-slot-comparison-01.jpg (1772x800, 402K)

>2018
>being a caselet

Attached: laughing.jpg (1600x1003, 262K)

The N1 is the best shit.
I have one. It's fucking great.
Ultra easy to build in and small.
My tip: Spend some good money on your PSU.
The Corsair SF600 is SUPER quiet.
I didn't even believe it at first how quiet it is (It also doesn't need to fan at all sometimes)
Before that I had a silverstone, which wasn't as good (but was pretty much the only one in the formfactor I wanted back then).

Is there a case that supports enough space 140mm atx power supplies and a 280+mm 1080ti and provides enough cooling for an overclocked i7-6700k 4.7ghz? Everybody keeps pointing to those huge fucking sff phantex cases but I want minimalism.

Attached: 1352064574949.jpg (301x1024, 46K)

Fractal Core 500

Dancase C4 fits a 240 or 280mm radiator, not sure which exactly

240mm, but it doesn't fit anything until Dan figures out what he wants to do with the design, runs the Kickstarter, and starts manufacturing it. At this rate, the earliest you'll be able to get one is next year.

What do you guys think of the Inwin A1? It has places for 4 fans and gpus up to 300mm.

I've built many PCs including SFF builds before.

Currently my motherboard does just sit alone and I use a screwdriver to jump it, but I figured I'd get a case cus I have money

pic related, it can be done, I just need someone to point me to parts that will fit.

Attached: Cerberus-00-black-panels-off.jpg (602x452, 75K)

My goal is to use ubuntu mainly and run windows in qemu with PCI passthru for the gpu. Linux on one monitor, windows on the other with a dedicated GPU.

There are tons of people who have done it.

You can do SLI on mini-ITX using 1 pci-e slot using something called PCI-e bifurcation. There is an option to enable it in the BIOS on high end mini-ITX boards, and the pci-e slot will run at x8/x8.

That's the Chimera Cerberus, not the M1. Totally different case that's around 7L bigger.

And you need a special riser, and no mini-ITX cases support such a configuration, so you'll have to build your own case, and by the end of it you may as well have gone mATX.

>pic related, it can be done, I just need someone to point me to parts that will fit.

>mATX

I just checked and only asrock high end boards officially support it. I believe I've seen custom water cooling with two gpus in two slots occupying 1 slot each, so a mini itx case is not impossible.

You have to use a special riser that turns the single PCIe slot on the board into two slots. The problem is existing mini-ITX cases only have one or two slots, and the riser will take up one of them, which means you only have one slot left for your video card. So you need to mod a case that has some extra room for two cards, or else build your own case.

What's the smallest PC case I can get that's a cube? Not a rectangle, but an actual cube? Can be an x86 PC or an ARM SBC that can run Linux. I'd take pre-built or just the case, doesn't matter.

Attached: 1529896664324.jpg (240x193, 49K)

Maybe provide evidence then? Closest I've seen is an AIO in an ncase. ITX definitely only has one pcie slot

Get a real case fags not that condensed loud housefire shit

Attached: MBX_MKII_FG_05.jpg (1355x900, 139K)

milk crate

mATX is usually the smallest motherboard for two GPUs.
If you wanted to do something really stupid and over the top though you could get an ITX motherboard with an m.2 slot and use an adapter to plug another GPU into it.
The most GPUs I've seen plugged into an ITX motherboard was 3, one in the PCI slot, one in the m.2 slot, forgot how the third was plugged in, maybe thunderbolt.

lmgtfy.com/?q=watercooled ncase

>I've noticed I can't even find an ITX motherboard with two PCI-E slots
Include me in the screenshot

Attached: 1530220621371.png (478x603, 279K)

why in the fuck do you want sli/xfire in an itx build
why would you want sli/xfire in anything.

Cooler master elite 110

SLI is dead. its not supported by any thing even thou the PS4pro literally has crossfire. sure if that encouraged more games to have 2+ gpu support that would be a argument but it hasn't. like 70% of triple AAA games supported crossfire in 2012 now in 2018 less than 20% support it.

don't get it lol its just a waste of 700$

You may be able to use the iGPU for that

shit, the UK doesn't have enough going on if that's considered news

imagine that as a headline about a kid in NYC

Having two banks of CUs doesn't make it crossfire dumpass, all GCN GPUs do it.

the maximum that you can have on an itx board that ive seen have been up to three, possibly four.

integrated graphics VGA
PCIE
thunderbolt

And possibly usb 3.1 in the future, probably will require multiple inputs. This is for common setups without sperging thousands on custom hardware.

Abee acubic G20

Attached: Abee acubic G40 Black.jpg (850x447, 106K)

akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/hotline/20130622/ni_caceg40cl.html

Not doing it to SLI/xfire. I want two GPUs to run two OSs.
>hard drive bays
Not against going mATX as long as I can fit in in a case that's a similar size as an N1.

sff cucks dont need space for functional hardware since all they do is facebook and play gaymes

>functional hardware
So your workstation is housed in a $2000 exercise is wank?

>wants to watercool
>housefire

I've tried that. I have some incompatibility with my current setup that prevents that from working but it's been long enough since that I can't recall.

>I've built many PCs including SFF builds before.
Then why the fuck are you asking us about ITX boards and dual GPU compatibility? Fuck off dude. Are you incapable of going to Newegg and sorting their motherboards by ITX and seeing if there are any results for 2 PCI-E slots?

>real case
>proceed to post an overpriced shit

I indeed did exactly that and got no results, which is when I came here. Now I'm asking for advice from people that have used the N1 specifically to determine whether there is physically enough space to do what I want to do or if I need to pick a different case , I apologize if that upsets you.

I knew I should have gone to reddit

This is a case

Attached: Streacom DA2.jpg (1392x680, 106K)

what os' and why would you buy two instead of just buying one that works with both.

Repostan from /pcbg/ with minor edits
What are some relatively small mini ITX cases that can:
- show off RGB lighting nicely
- house 165mm CPU coolers
- work well with 160mm ATX PSUs
- have a reasonable amount of SSD and HDD slots
- have front panel USB and audio jacks
- aren't over 100€ in price
Are they only a figure of my imagination or do such wonders of technology actually exist?

Attached: absolutely yuge.jpg (602x482, 51K)

Technically the M1 can support boards with two or three expansion slots that are between mini-ITX and full microATX. These boards are pretty rare though, and are always low-end budget boards lacking in a lot of features. But if you really need that extra PCIe slot...

See this thread: hardforum.com/threads/3-slot-matx-motherboard-in-ncase-m1.1812629/

Ryzen+AMD card

why would you ever want to watercool your PC? i swear that's the dumbest fucking meme of all time just keep your computer aircooled like an old porsche, there's literally no reason to do it

>b-b-but muh temps
your temps will be fine

>water-cooled
is there a bigger meme?

>pic related, it can be done
thats an mATX build dumbass

>Are they only a figure of my imagination or do such wonders of technology actually exist?
not really but here are some that are vaguely close.
inwin 901,301,101
jonsbo umx3
define nano s
sharkoon qb one

I've built dozens of PCs: as a job, for my friends and family, etc. They look neat, I like building things, I want a challenge, and I have more money than I know what to do with. I'm not even gonna overclock. Why the fuck do you care what I do? I'm not asking if I should do this, I'm asking for part recommendations.
Thank you

you are the computer equivalent of that 17yo kid who puts a giant wing on his ragged out honda accord and complains when people call it shit because "dude it's my buiiiiild bruh why do you care"

>I've built dozens of PCs: as a job
>I've noticed I can't even find an ITX motherboard with two PCI-E slots

Attached: images (7).jpg (375x266, 14K)

Except when people tell me it's shit and pointless I'll say, "absolutely, but I wanted to do it anyway for fun."

If someone made a motherboard with the dimensions of an average ITX board but it had two pci-e slots, would it categorically be mATX?

Because if that's the case, I'm gonna argue that the definition of ITX is dumb.

I'm going to argue that you're a retard if you think there's space for two slots on ITX. There's no way you've built SFF before if you can't see that.

>If someone made a motherboard with the dimensions of an average ITX board but it had two pci-e slots, would it categorically be mATX?
Seriously, think for a second. Where is the PCIe slot typically positioned on a motherboard in comparison to rear I/O and case expansion?
>Because if that's the case, I'm gonna argue that the definition of ITX is dumb.
>having standardised dimensions for a motherboard form factor is dumb
Yeah, it'd make more sense having arbitrary dimensions and random compatibility.

>can't tell the difference between mATX and ITX
>I've built dozens of PCs guys I swear

Attached: 1352775758377.png (5000x5000, 1.89M)

since we are showing off cases, id just like to throw my hat in the ring shill a product that most likely isnt even being offered anymore, EVGA Hadron Air is prebby gud

Attached: file.png (1024x683, 460K)

>Why the fuck do you care what I do?
has a way different tone than
>absolutely, but I wanted to do it anyway for fun

just dont bully the nonexistent cable management space

Thinking about getting a lazer3d. It's probably the smallest case I have seen.
Anybody have it?

>would it categorically be mATX?

No it would be DTX

How can you say there's "not enough space" on something with a variadic surface area?
Because computer components have never gotten smaller and hardware design has never been optimized or seen any innovations in the past, right?

And i forgot to add the picture like sleep deprived piece of shit that I am.

Attached: lazer3d.jpg (1200x674, 121K)

Because then it wouldn't be ITX. Are you this fucking stupid?

>Yeah, it'd make more sense having arbitrary dimensions
It already certainly does have arbitrary maximum dimensions.

You think like a sheep

>maximum of 6.7"x6.7" is arbitrary
>Because computer components have never gotten smaller and hardware design has never been optimized or seen any innovations in the past, right?
You're saying that like standardised ATX and PCIe form is a bad thing?
>I've built dozens of computers
Evidently not in the last 20 years with that logic.
This.

Is English your second language?

The specification doesn't just define the size of the board, but also the position of the rear I/O and PCIe slot. There isn't physically enough space to add another PCIe slot in a way that would leave it accessible through a standard slot cutout on the back because the existing slot and I/O area take up all the space.

This thread should have been ignored. This is what happens when you keep responding to literal retards. We made containment threads for a reason.

Please, enlighten me how 6.7 is some transcendental, non-arbitrary number.

>there's literally no reason to do it
there's no reason for you to do it you mean

This makes more sense, I guess I didn't think rear IO positioning was necessarily part of the form factor standard and not just convention.

I appreciate the actual explanation!

Common sense would tell you this

why pay $150 for plastic when you could have picrelated for $60.

Attached: pc-q21b.jpg (1440x1080, 96K)

>Because computer components have never gotten smaller and hardware design has never been optimized or seen any innovations in the past, right?
Is this really the intelligence level of the sort of people paid to build pcs?

Because the PSU is on the wrong side suffocating airflow for CPU. Fine for a NAS I guess like the Q25.

The fact that it's a standardised measurement.
It was explained earlier you stupid ignoramus. And literally looking at any ITX motherboard would tell you this.

I don't think you know what arbitrary means.

By all means, enlighten me. Explain why the measurement of 6.7" squared for ITX is arbitrary.

It's stupid easy to dremel out a hole and affix some mesh or a fan grill.

Remember that people on Jow Forums are retards and unable to customise anything beyond what they can buy on Amazon or wherever.

A metal case is always to prefer when modding anything, as plastic obviously sucks when not in its originally moulded condition.

It's literally the same layout as the Lazer3D though, just standing upright.

Attached: ad3e6247-e79a-43c8-b073-139abb0f84ef.jpg (1200x1200, 648K)

Because 6.7 is an arbitrary number you actual ignoramus. It may be a good number for the standard to have settled on, it's still arbitrary. 8 bits is an arbitrary number of bits to call a byte. It may have been a good choice, that doesn't mean it wasn't arbitrary.

>Because 6.7 is an arbitrary number
Based on the smallest possible pinout on an existing bolt pattern and componentry form? I don't really see how a particular measurement based around existing constraints could be considered arbitrary, but please, hit me with some other random semantic reasoning as to why you're in the extreme end of the spectrum.