Why is SpaceVim so not well known?

SpaceVim is an great IDE based on Vim/NeoVim which does all the hard work for you. Out of the box it gives you lots of plugins and describes them in well written documentation. You don't need to customize it in any way to be extremely efficient homever you can configure it as you like. So, why I shouldn't use it over Vim/NeoVim and why shouldn't you?

Attached: scrot1.png (1366x768, 87K)

because Spacemacs exists

>sopa de macaco

can you send me the .exe plzzzzzz [email protected]

Why would I bother getting used to a configuration/modpack like this when I can more than get around with vanilla vim that's going to be on every single remote box I have to ssh into?

You can remotely edit files on other machines through SpaceVim. And you should bother, because it makes you way more efficient than just using vanilla Vim.

uma delĂ­cia...

because its not hard to setup your own plugins

doom emacs is better

>doom emacs
Literally installed this today and I couldn't figure out how to create a new fucking project from the front end. Couldn't declare a new one in ~/.doom.d/init.el either because my syntax is fucked apparently.

And now I can't figure out how to close a term buffer or cycle through open buffers.

i use micro

I'm using maybe a tenth of the plugins installed so using a full distro like SpaceVim is stupid

I used micro for like a year but honestly the speed you get from something like vim really helps. I keep finding myself wanting to use vim commands in everyday text editors. Not to mention that micro has almost no third-party plugins.

I don't really have a need for all those features. spacemacs overwhelmed me coming from micro and I didn't like emacs' shortcut layout and sluggishness so I switched to vanilla vim so I could get speed and also learn how vim/vim customization works at a lower level.

The Gnu version of the Emacs editor is superior to all these meme spinoffs. Just install the extensions you actually need. MicroEmacs is nice if you need a terminal-only editor for editing config files.

emacs lets you do that out of the box

Attached: 1529298836667.jpg (494x420, 63K)

I prefer to keep using vanillia vim for little edits and spacemacs for big edits. Vim configuration is a mistake, vim should stay unchanged in my opinion.

Because if I wanted emacs I would've downloaded emacs

>You can remotely edit files on other machines
So can vim, what do you mean?

So it's vim with more IDE-like functionality?

nah i'm using netbeans

You retard, Doom Emacs and Spacemacs are vanilla GNU emacs. They're just different dotfiles.

spacevim is a meme, vim is important to know but my aesthetic preference will always be micro

Yeah, that's what it is.

They are not vanilla at all since they change the default behavior of the editor.

>vim
>ide
You silly

tmux + vim = problem solved

How difficult would it be to start using Spacemacs if I'm only familiar with Vim?
What are the main advantages of using Spacemacs over Vim?

Time you need to spend to read it's documentation and get used to it, so I'll give around 1 month.
Still, why spacemacs? You know Vim, then why not give a try to SpaceVim?

I honestly don't understand this faggotry.
If you want to use vim, use vim.
If you want to use an IDE, use an IDE. But what is the point of turning vim into an IDE? It's like trying to turn Linux into Windows, or a motorbike into a car.

Literally any decent IDE has support for vi bindings anyway so just use that instead of maintaining 50 config files and packages.

Even vim is already too bloated, with plugins, scripts, etc.

I can remotely edit files on other machines with cat, how is that an argument for any given editor?

Because it's too new. I use spacemacs, and I want spaceVim to succeed because the spacemacs model deserves to be used and explored more. As great as emacs and vim are I would love to see an editor built from the ground up with something like spacemacs/spacevim in mind, but for all the jank I get in spacemacs all the alternatives seem worse.

> so I'll give around 1 month.
Yeah, no. I'll try SpaceVim.

Because there's no IDE which is as customizable and light as SpaceVim. You can configure it as much as you want to meet your personal preferences which you can't say about any other IDE.

It takes quite a while.
As with vim most of the tutorials are geared towards movements, less about how to deal with project navigation and other tasks.

My advice is, get used to projectile for finding files in your project. I used tabs in vim but that's kind of a no-no. Learn to use org, it's great. for multiple screens use SPC w F for a new frame.
It will break, for instance . has a tendency to break when writing scala, but overall I find it better than the alternatives.

Can't get doom emacs on windozer