Kuroneko edition

Kuroneko edition.
KP7 set ytdl-format bestvideo[height

Attached: 1516892712585.png (960x540, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/haasn/libplacebo/issues/37
diff.pics/nT5BzUublsTJ/1
asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL552VW/
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-950M-vs-Nvidia-GTX-950/m27713vs3510
pastebin.com/aeYe1aSU
lua-users.org/wiki/SleepFunction)
mpv.io/manual/master/#command-interface-percent-pos)
github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/575b7189908e1cfa55104b0d2c7c9f6ea30ca2dc
pastebin.com/ZUQ0g74Z
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

last time I checked yt-dl uses the best quality automatically

Why the H*CK do web browsers not support mkv, when they support
>webm(literally mkv) container
>h.264 video
>opus audio
Angry.

kuroneko a best. BEST!

That's not the issue. I made a series of keybinds to switch between yt-dl qualities. They need, however, to re-open the file with new quality. During that part my file specific settings are getting lost.

guys, is any of you taking script requests¿ I heard there's a guy here who makes scripts for other people

depends, i may help if it's something cool

i want to fuck kuroneko in the ass

mkv can hold many different codecs. Webm is far more restricted in that regard.

kirino literally a shit

Thanks. is it possible to create a script that saves everything you watch in a .csv alphabetically if it meets certain parameters? like, reaching 80% of the lenght or something like that. sort of like a local tracking file (scrobbler if you use last.fm).

ur a shit

What I'm saying is, they already support some streams and part of the container, why can't they just re-use what already exists to at least support a subset?
Is it more complicated than that?

it's probably political in nature somehow

Madshi and haasn are twins or clones...
github.com/haasn/libplacebo/issues/37

Best config for mpv with nvidia GPU?

nice
my wife Kuroneko is very cute

so..., on file open event:
-check "certain parameters"
-open/create csv file
-add new entry in the correct place
-save the file
Not necessarily what I'd classify as cool or interesting, but seems like a pretty easy task. Give me some more details and I'll see what I can do when I get back home

thanks

It depends.
For anime - RAVU
For regular 480p+ - SSSR
For low res shit - FSRCNN
In general - ewa_lanczossharp but it's a meme.
And of course profile=gpu-hq
Also interpolation with video-sync=display-resample may be useful.

ty user

Very much depends on your use-case, has the right idea for the most case
>Base config
profile=gpu-hq
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
tscale=oversample

>Anime
ravu-r4-yuv is the closest thing we have to NGA-AA and works very well. FSRCNNX doesn't provide very good results for aliased anime from my testing
>720p+ TV/Movies
Just use the base config + SSSR if you want a slightly sharper result
>SD
FSRCNNX
>Dogshit that never got a HD release (DVD,VHS)
MadVR, sadly we can't clean images to the extent that it can

What about weak, but relatively new intel onboard GPUs?

That's an interesting subject that I've been wanting to touch on for a while now, sadly I don't have any iGPUs to play around with but basically you're going to need go step-by-step and figure out exactly how much it can take
Start with profile=gpu-hq, I don't think you're going to have the luxury of using interpolation but it may be worth a shot. One interesting tidbit I noticed during my recent testing is that RAVU doubling is actually easier on the GPU than Spline36 or Lanzcossharp. So if you're into Anime, take a look at that. It might be worth your time.

>MadVR, sadly we can't clean images to the extent that it can
What do you mean?

RCA is just amazing for shitty yt streams!

Also if you find profile=gpu-hq too demanding you could try
scale=spline16
cscale=spline16
That being said if you can focus on downloading releases from high-quality release groups (that do proper filtering) you can throw out any processing on mpvs end, at least from the most part
I'm yet to find a way to replicate MadVRs "RCA" filter, which stands for "reduce compression artifacts". It works absolute wonders on shitty DVD releases. Igv claims that FSRCNNX can do the same however in my (limited) testing it just doesn't remove as much
> Trained with --distort=True (means it can remove / reduce compression artifacts)

I'm on Brodwell-U integrated graphics, and my config basically looks like this.
profile=gpu-hq
demuxer-readahead-secs=200
cache=100000
# hwdec=no
vo_gpu
vd-lavc-dr=yes
ao=pulse
pulse-latency-hacks=yes
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll=yes
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll-secs=3

I still get occasional heavy stuttering, even on 1080p content that's low on fps, like anime.

But RAVU is 8x faster than NGU-AA.

>I still get occasional heavy stuttering, even on 1080p content that's low on fps, like anime.
Okay, then drop profile=gpu-hq entirely. Focus on downloading the best content you can
I never said it wasn't and I prefer RAVU over NGU anyway. It's much more lightweight and produces a near-identical image.

>in my (limited) testing it just doesn't remove as much
removes as much as RCA at strength 1-2

>using filters when normal linear upscaling and no processing looks much better
The only config option you should have for the video is setting an ICC profile for your monitor so that the colors are accurate.

don't be a retard
diff.pics/nT5BzUublsTJ/1

Generally I'm using strengths of between 7-9 to clean up garbage sources, such as pic related

Attached: 1508634316168.png (1535x1074, 2.4M)

filtered (strength 7)

Attached: 1512742547374.png (1535x1074, 2.11M)

The mpv image is artifacts galore and looks like a low quality jpg image that was recompressed 5 times by some shitty meme site. The VLC one looks much better.

that's what VLC brainlets believe
stay retarded

I agree with him, while the hair looks much nicer her skin is completely ruined
What did you filter it with? Adaptive Sharpen?

it's not mine

>Forget about my old .3dlut stuff, just use mpv if you want accurate color management
The irony, poor madshi

Hey how can I make mpv remember the last volume level used?

What are you trying to say? We all know mpv is still far behind madvr.

^lol no

Explain so...

pls ask for permission before you post my gf

wrong

Attached: my gf ruri is so cute.png (520x783, 517K)

I was just making a joke about the link he posted on github

So, um, I'm asking this for a friend, lets call him JAMES. He has a decent rig but doesn't care about Chinese cartoons. What is the best .conf for him?

Attached: 1528147940826.jpg (1920x1080, 864K)

profile=gpu-hq
interpolation
tscale=oversample
+ personal preference

Thank you kindly, user.

He has a gaymen laptop. It's a relatively beefy rig but do you think it'll handle interpolation? Also, what other configurations would you suggest?

Attached: 1525039289236.jpg (1920x1080, 683K)

Literally was answered 5 hours ago.

Can you give me specific model numbers? Specifically his GPU
As for your second question, I don't really know how to answer it. I went through the same rigmarole with my friends. No matter what I suggest it won't be perfect for him. I'd suggest just ctrl + f in the manual for keywords for features he may want.
pause
keep-open
autofit-larger=90%x90%
force-seekable=yes
save-position-on-quit
loop-file=inf
volume-max=110
volume=70
log-file="C:\Windows\Temp\mpv-log.txt"
title='${filename}'
These might be useful
By me, I don't mind

>Can you give me specific model numbers? Specifically his GPU
I believe his GPU is a 950 but I'm not sure. It's a ROG laptop. Probably not the top of the top but a very decent and expensive laptop nonetheless.

>I went through the same rigmarole with my friends.
Yeah, I get it. I also went through the whole 'have you heard about Our Lord and Saviour MPV?' spiel with my friends. He is in the process of going through the documentation, user, but I just wanted to give him the quick & dirty set up so that he can get started.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Attached: 1507710164648.jpg (1920x1080, 723K)

Please spoon-feed me In why mpv is good and what the difference with changing the configs and shit

>mpv is now an orphan project
Hopefully the latest potplayer (new skin is so cute) and latest test madvr release are just awesome.

The 950 isn't all that great, to be honest. I assume it's this laptop asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL552VW/ which has a 950M GPU which is a cut-down version of the 950. According to gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-950M-vs-Nvidia-GTX-950/m27713vs3510 it's much slower than the regular 950.
Finding a good balance here might be a bit tricky, I suggest ignoring my comment here The question now is: What matters most to him? What issue does he have with general content
For me, the answer to that is banding. So I would just throw deband (do NOT use any of those ridiculous debanding settings that occasionally get posted here)
Infinitely configurable, better defaults than VLC or MPC, lightweight and multi platform, scriptable, every single feature meticulously documented.

>I assume it's this laptop
That's the one.

>The question now is: What matters most to him? What issue does he have with general content
He isn't a picky customer, I just want him to have a better MPV experience than the default settings. But for me personally banding is an endless source or irritation. Stuff like noise/grain and whatnot he can tackle on his own time since he's going through the documentation regardless.

By the way, what is this talk of MPV being an 'orphan project'? Are there now better players out there?

>But for me personally banding is an endless source or irritation
Other than using the deband filter on mpv, one of the best things you can do to tackle this issue is download from knowledgeable release groups that will filter and zone the encode, to effectively eliminate banding.
>By the way, what is this talk of MPV being an 'orphan project'? Are there now better players out there?
Drama on Github, nothing to worry about. As usual it's either mpv or madvr.
Just to sum it all up:
Enable debanding
Don't worry about video scaling and tell him to focus on downloading content as close to his screen resolution as possible
Download from proper p2p groups

Thank you, fren. I'm sure James with appreciate these handy tips.

Attached: 1515223578551.jpg (1920x1080, 898K)

No, you are wrong.

Attached: max-kuroseiten-03.jpg (400x600, 39K)

I'm back home. And oh god, do I hate lua inconsistency on when you can use object:method() and when you have to do interface.method(object).
Still, got the script working. It is a bit longer than I expected, but at least it has some options and comments. Have fun customizing it to your own needs.

>inb4 reading whole file to the table is a bad practice
>inb4 re-writing and re-sorting csv file every time is even worse
There's no half decent csv library for lua, and I don't feel like writing one just for this task. Tested it for ~10k entries and works instantly even on browsing pictures, so as long as you're not gonna log hundreds of thousands files you'll be fine.

here's the script, apparently too long for this vietnamese crab-hunting forum
pastebin.com/aeYe1aSU

also, shameless self-bump on the question i made this thread for

Attached: 1527102331394.png (593x435, 21K)

Anyone here uses shinchiro's builds? Updater.bat never worked for me. The powershell script gives a system.net.securityprotocoltype error.

Ahh right, I always forget about the legal/financial baggage. I hope one of those royalty free formats become good and standard.

Is James cute? Will you post his contact details? I want to try and hang out with him.

no, YOU are wrong.

Attached: 1518780094721.jpg (1920x2089, 1.02M)

Will mpv support AV1?

Attached: AV1_logo_2018.png (2780x1543, 91K)

mpv uses ffmpeg

>kuroneko a best. BEST!
loser
>i want to fuck kuroneko in the ass
SICK!
>kirino literally a shit
retard.

Also, my mov freezes after I wake up my laptop from suspend. Get your shit together, mpv devs. It's 2018... this kind of shit is unacceptable.

Attached: 1503120752220.gif (640x360, 254K)

wow! thanks a bunch, man, will test it now.

>if it meets certain parameters? like, reaching 80% of the lenght or something like that

I meant 80% of the duration of the video

Oh, you want to append it to the list only if you've gotten almost all the way trough the video?

I don't know if there's a better solution to this, but you could try:
-adding a sleep function (lua-users.org/wiki/SleepFunction)
-add something like this to get_csv_entry function (mpv.io/manual/master/#command-interface-percent-pos)
local percent_pos = mp.get_property('percent-pos')
if not percent_pos then return nil
while percent_post and percent_pos < 80 do
sleep(1)
percent_pos = mp.get_property('percent-pos')
end
if not percent_pos then return nil
-- rest of the code

I'm not sure how it's gonna behave if you open another file before getting to 80%, requires testing. It """should""" get to nil eventually and break the loop, but who knows.

Is anyone else trying to play stuff over ssh using sftp? It works fine on the old-as-fuck version of mpv from Ubuntu repo, but the newer version from PPA gets stuck trying to read cache. It recognizes and opens the file though (verbose option tells me as much), so the connection isn't the issue, it's just the cache:

[cache] Cache is not responding - slow/stuck network connection?

Network is fine though, ffplay plays the file over sftp just fine.

Fuck that piece of shit nip cartoon, best girl never has her way does she?

How to cap the memory on a screenshot to like lets say 3MB?

ctrl + f screenshot in the manual. Or compression.

Should I go back to MPC-HC+MadVR since mpv is abandoned now?

Go back to RealPlayer

>interpolation
Too many have fallen for this meme.

What's wrong with MPV's interpolation?

Ghosting.

I don't. Prove it to me.

mpv seems glitchy whenever I enable interpolation under i3, especially when switching workspace, anyone having similar issues?

>abandoned
Enough of this meme. You can still see commits every other day or so. Development has been somewhat slow recently, but that's understandable, what more can you cram into a fucking media player?

this, with scenes where the frames make big jumps interpolation just makes them look even worse.

i need help on MPV on my xiaomi phone

it wont display any file or folder

Attached: bf6.jpg (456x628, 22K)

Top Kek

Is there a way to set a mpv "home wallpaper"?

Is it possible to use autoprofiles to detect if mpv is streaming a video? I can't see anything about it in the properties list
I'd like to set up an autoprofile so that if mpv is streaming a video it will have a larger cache size

Yes
# Streams
ytdl=yes
hls-bitrate=max
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

[protocol:http] and [protocol:https] should work. Shouldn't be necessary to make a separate profile though because the cache by default is only active for network streams

github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/575b7189908e1cfa55104b0d2c7c9f6ea30ca2dc
Wtf, how do I use this? Why no example?

I don't know enough bout programming to do that. By the way, the script doesn't detect if the file already exists in the list, it creates a duplicate.

>local allow_repeats = true
guess what it does, I changed it to false so you don't have to
Also, I have added one more flag - ignore_seeked. Change it to true if you want to ignore files after making a seek.

here, should work with the 80%
pastebin.com/ZUQ0g74Z

Change the sleep(5) to something lower if you're watching really short videos. As long as 5 seconds is more than the remaining (20%) part of the video, the script will work.

cool, thanks why am I getting a cmd window when I open a video file?

just ignore it nothing to worry about

it keeps popping up on my full screen

how do i know shader is working?
i run
mpv --glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl" -v video.mp4

and log shows

>bdmv/bluray: Opening /home/user/.config/mpv/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl
>file: Opening /home/user/.config/mpv/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl

is there anything else i should be looking at? video is 640x480

i

thanks

youtube-dl -o test.mp4 "xvideos.com/video8313337/gauge_-_wild_youth"