Found strange phone

A customer turned in this phone at my work after someone left it in the parking lot. I was able to get into it to look for contract information to return it to the owner by holding it to the light and seeing the finger swipe patterns for the unlock pattern. The first thing I noticed was several bitcoin wallet apps, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Before I could find any identifying info, the wifi connected and suddenly the phone was going insane with notifications of messages, bitcoin transactions, and missed calls from unknown numbers that were from all over the country (from Washinton, Arizona, Rhode Island, etc). Then suddenly the phone went blank and shut off on its own. When I powered it back up, it had been wiped to factory defaults.

Who in hell's phone did we find and what was on it that was worth setting it to be wiped when accessed by someone other than the owner?

I'm guessing the damage was from being dropped in a parking lot and likely being run over a few times. No telling how long it was out there before the customer found it and turned it in.

Attached: 20180701_201356.jpg (2896x2896, 660K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jT-jmq8KBw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get that thing out of your life asap

It wasn't set to be wiped, the owner probably accessed google protect or some other anti theft app from another device and sent a wipe command

did it have a sim? they could have pulled the sim and tossed it.

This. And make sure you get your fingerprints off it as well.

>OP finds a trap phone and doesnt know what it is

Summer is definately here

>be l33t mega hacker
>use an alcatel

>No "Give it back jamal" replies
Holy shit what happened to Jow Forums in the past couple months I've been avoiding it?

Attached: 1497058396216.png (439x461, 13K)

wash it with alcohol or contact cleaner while wearing gloves.

Attached: 1263274078409.jpg (366x380, 18K)

A Tyrone wouldn't know what a Bitcoin wallet is.

youtube.com/watch?v=jT-jmq8KBw0

uses btc to purchase those banks of CC #s

no suburbans hah

>be criminal mastermind nigger
>still spend all your fucking money trying to build a rap studio

By OP's account, it virtually self destructed before his very eyes. What do you think he is going to do with a shitter phone like that?

Attached: 1265074653000.png (262x300, 148K)

because op was clearly smart enough to get into it on his own

What I believe you have is a prepaid phone (usually used if a person doesn't want to have their identity attached to their phone carrier, usually through a contract)

That phone is the Alcatel idealXCITE. The carrier was most likely GSM since that seems to be the only supported frequencies for the device, most likely it was AT&T Prepaid.

Going by what you said that it went blank, shut off, and wiped all of its contents. It may have a tracking app on it like Lookout, or Play Protect of which, the guy probably used that to wipe the device remotely.

That location tracker can be used to look for you before it was wiped, keep that in mind, user.

Attached: Dgxu6VFU0AEA9qj.jpg (686x737, 77K)

>The carrier was most likely GSM
Kys retard

>Kys retard
damn jew

Attached: Screenshot 2018-07-01 at 10.17.15 PM.png (1063x452, 69K)

GSM is still on in the US?

>give it back jamal
>alcatel trash

Yep, on AT&T, T-Mobile

Because even niggers don't want Andropoor phones

Attached: 1514317723203.png (800x480, 212K)

shut up kike

>3301
>3301
>3301
>3301

Attached: 57672363b7b49f41971caae4e5b858dee601b191744bd366f131b7aceaaf9400.gif (646x466, 494K)

>using an expensive phone as a burner

Yeah the phone supports gsm, 3g, and 4g, whats your point?
>The carrier was most likely GSM
Maybe OP could figure this out, you're only making empty assumptions you stupid piece of shit

Attached: 1528001273138.png (413x467, 58K)

>be retard
>hang out on A FUCKING TECH BOARD
>don't know what GSM is
Fuckin wew lad

>people answering questions means they're from Leddit
Jesus fucking Christ anything will set you faggots off

>t. Shlomo calling others kike thinking he'll fit in
Gas yourself chosen one

It being GSM narrows out boost mobile, verizon, virgin mobile, and us cellular

>3301

Attached: 1511488663495.jpg (447x456, 32K)

the vans outside

This

>3
>3
>0
>1

Attached: 30e88ba8db05cb37b9453e6b1b237e33funnydepressioncripplingdepressionmemes.jpg (640x608, 35K)

boys, its 3301 time

its a nigger phone, those really cheap ones that are about $20. some nig threw it. move on, i found one of a similar nature on the street.

≥3301

Attached: VideoSnapshot_20180701_121418.jpg (640x360, 25K)

>chances of unlock pattern being a visible smudge on screen, especially after being handled and left in parking lot.
>recognizing Bitcoin wallet apps magically, somehow "seeing" transactions.
bad LARP, please try again.

op trying and failing to boost his larp thread by same fagging.

gotta throw it into a volcano. thats the only way.

this is Jow Forums, not /b/, stop larping, or pasta'ing. and off the phone even was "found in a parking lot", give it back tyrone.

>he doesn't even rap

OP here. The phone has been cleaned and destroyed. I know what a trap phone is, I've just never seen one with BTC wallets that wipes after opening.

Yes, Bitcoin wallets like Bitpay and Coinbase give notifications of transactions.

I don't Larp.

Attached: 3690.jpg (1280x853, 134K)

This, Hawaii awaits you

What the hell is a trap phone?

my mom got that same phone from cricket for free. also phone is about 20 dollara slow as fuck and imposible to aee outside in the day(worstm than a gameboy)

Trap house phone, probably. I.e., a drug dealer.

Why does that make it a trap?

The phone's not a trap, it's a trap phone because it's used by someone from a trap house

Is this just confusing because I'm white and make an honest living?

I think it's just because you're dumb. I'm white and make an honest living and I get it

3301 in black marker on the back, cicada faggot confirmed

i'm white and make an honest living and i get it. sounds like you're just autistic.

oh fuck you better smash this op it's a hitmans phone

A giant wave of ledditors (who can't bear the thought of an edgy joke) "discovered" this board around the time you left. Now there's going to be an influx of summerfags. Get out while you still can

This isn't really the proper thread for that joke anyway. He's not asking for help to get into the phone or anything (who would? That thing's trash when it's not broken), he just wants to know what he's stumbled upon.

This isn't one of those threads. OP isn't trying to keep the phone for themselves, and actually tried to find the owner.

>hello, reddit!
its because he's a tripfag
now see your way out

>3301
Please be bait.
Please fucking be bait.

Attached: .png (225x209, 14K)

explain user

Nice larping.

There's a good chance OP is being a faggot but in the off chance he's not it could be related to Cicada 3301, look it up.

Attached: 1393694258362.jpg (800x600, 66K)

Kys, summerfags

Does wiping it this way properly destroy data (as in overwrite it) or could some of it theoretically be recovered by reading the flash?

Why would it connect to WiFi? There's a hole in your shitty larp story, OP.

Attached: picard4.png (412x381, 235K)

This thread has two kinds of people in it. The ones that either don't give a shit about the joke or realize it doesn't apply here, and the summerfags whining that nobody used an irrelevant joke.

It's not an iPhone X you newfag retard.

> hurr I must try hard so I am more Jow Forums
You sure are Jow Forumsay enough already, so fuck off, back to slashdot with you.

you just live(d) in a better place than the other anons, that simple.

Yet a nigger runs the biggest BitMEX exchange by volume

Depends which city he's in. In Vancouver Canada for example there's ISP hotspots all over the city.

Literally have that kind of phone. Alcatel is awesome. Multiple sim slots, whatsapp and other basic applications work. free sim card with the damn phone.

Most OP drugsdealer phone for 35 euro's.