You have $10,000,000 USD to contribute to any one single technology-related project or foundation...

You have $10,000,000 USD to contribute to any one single technology-related project or foundation. Which one do you donate the 10 million to?

Attached: 1514948879950.jpg (1080x1920, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cpao7S7mw-w
youtu.be/jBkvsbuSeqA
youtube.com/watch?v=nFFH7npobH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the railgun project at the US Office of Naval Research. proud to do my part for the country

I'd give it to Apple by buying 10 mil in stock to piss off autistic basement babies.

Anything trying to create a life size Hatsune Miku robot that can dance just like a human.

blender or libre office

Blender foundation is pretty fucking based

even if it were 100 million i'd give them it.
by making freeware fed fags can't bitch about piracy by artists who cant afford to give out 5k for some faggy program that will be obsolete in 2 years

my personal fund meant to finance my own technology-related expenses

They already have that.

They have a shitload of cash on hand. Waste of money to buy their stock, when they can do it themselves.

Buy a ticket to Tokyo, take the train to Haru on Saturday, tip the cosplayers 10000 yen.

The only correct answer.

Split it between FreeCAD and gnucash.

SENS

Attached: stop_ageing.jpg (1600x900, 109K)

Haiku OS. The only open source operating system that isn't a complete shitshow. You get a microkernel, wifi drivers out of the box. It has the best looking and most complete UI since Mac OS 9 and takes 1 minute to install, and runs on fuckall resources.

Attached: Haiku_OS.png (1152x720, 87K)

Microkernels are shit for performance

Old and stale meme. Sculpt OS and Haiku OS are modern microkernel systems that are plenty fast.

Linux Foundation I guess

Sex robots with AI

anyone who makes a cheap cooking robot
similar to this
youtube.com/watch?v=Cpao7S7mw-w

this would impact the most people, letting them enjoy nice home cooked meals, freeing up lots of time

people can load specific ingredients, the robot can start cooking 40mins before you arrive home
people can share programmed recipes online

it's not even a very complicated thing to make, I want to make it, but no monies to spend time designing and building

also, it needs to be called the waifu 3000, the wife for the 31st century

and to think my gf at the time said it was a crazy idea...
if it's so crazy, howcome someone in china had the same idea as me?!

why are women so shit?

blender deserves it

also I'd give a bundle of cash to krita and tell them to make a PS replacement since GIMP sucks so hard

what else is missing on linux?

>setup a charity
>donate $$$ to the charity
>charity buys the president (me) a house, car, and anything else I want as expenses
>setup 10 day stem workshops, outside a choice destination
>don't advertise the workshop
>have fun at destination with free room and board expensed out
>rinse repeat every 10 days until money spent

So in other words, setup a charity and run it like any other charity.

TempleOS

Either the "International Sociotechnical Systems Research Institute" (ISSRI) or the "Amorphic National Technical Institute of Cybernetics, Humanitarianism, Research, Intelligence, Science and Technology" (ANTICHRIST).

Mech racing.
youtu.be/jBkvsbuSeqA

NRA or Intel Aviv.

Attached: 1530414196985.jpg (500x376, 33K)

Can I give it to techno savvy Luddites?

Obviously the GNU Project, through the FSF (Free Software Foundation), are you fucking kidding me?

Finally get rid of the Poettering/Linux botnet and have a sexy GNU/Hurd system with drivers for all the freedom respecting hardware.

Throw some money to Software Freedom Conservancy too.

Attached: 1530211963811.jpg (2048x2694, 1.46M)

I'd probably try to create a preservationist society, dedicated to preserving knowledge technology in the event of a world catastrophe.

I don't care for most databases, they are either too fat, incomplete, or completely irrelevant. People aren't going to be able to figure out how to manufacture complex technology on their own, and most of the primitive ways of doing things have been lost.

People are going to have relearn everything, like how to make lye and potash, composting, gunpowder, how to make steel, how to produce electricity, everything.

But they are also going to need to know how to make more complex things, for when society starts to recover.

I mean, I'm an optimist, most likely I can imagine going for a really long time without some sort of mass extinction event, but its kind of an inevitability that nations will rise and fall, societies will crumble and be rebuilt..

NRA? Kill yoself bitch!

Yoda in a box.

you really think they haven't finished Hurd because of lack of money?

Well it would have to be Roko's basilisk

You didn't have a father, or he was a pussy, and you were raised by a fat hysterical woman, right?

Genetic engineering (of catgirls)

Bionic sex bots

Age reversal therapy, when immortal I can wait for any other tech as long as it is necessary.
Second place would be artificial neurons. Brain-computer interface would be awesome for paralytics. Also, consumer-grade neural extensions, like external memory storage or fucking radio transmitter.

TempleOS and waifu general ai development

Attached: image.jpg (454x515, 35K)

meh I'd rather get put in a cyborg
hive-mind worst case scenario

>doesn't want his waifus to be send directly to his thoughts

It's a difficult question. Something where 10m would make meaningful progress toward meaningful goal. 10m is the kind of number which isn't too far from what it costs to devote one capable person to one goal for his entire life.

I would the money on technology that can for a lack of a better word 3d-print human flesh, so I could have gigabenis.

you are my boi

Best futa hentai series I possibly can obviously

Give it all to Intel

Attached: Whos+that+pokemon+_aef3f3ab5872931542b0106d970270a9.jpg (469x354, 19K)

10 mil is nothing these days. You can't even retire on 10 mil.

Open sauce photoshop with the new AI buzz

Attached: 1502283133469.jpg (2733x4100, 2.02M)

Genetically Engineered Catgirls For Domestic Ownership ovbiously

Attached: 1512807291194.png (837x1203, 479K)

I could literally retire on 500k

Haiku
Puppy Linux
Knoppix
TempleOS
Sourcemage
Potato
CloverOS.

GNU but only if they promise that they spend it on HURD and IceCat and not on diversity.

I actually thought the same thing did, what a sad time it is that the NRA is viewed as the bad guys and people want to take away their own rights.

I would donate my money equally to the following causes:
puppy linux
gentoo
sex robots
cyborg fundation
church
myself

> You can't even retire on 10 mil.
That's just silly. $100k for 100 years, user.

Should also easily be $50-150k / year profits [that compound if you don't use it all] if invested. Could be more.

Inflation

fucking retard kids

To heaven's gate

it was already created, they are the 2012 doomsday preppers

they collected all the world's best info for jumpstarting civilization from scratch to survive comet elenin
people used to laugh at us, but each day the global economy deteriorates, frictions in society get bigger making this info quite valuable to have

A reasonably modern (sub-30nm) RISC-V foundry, also fundraising for more RISC-V development.

Biodegrading plastics with bacteria and ocean cleanup

Anime reality imposing device so I can finally be with my wife

Yeah I hear the military is really hurting for money right now LOLOLOLOL

What happens to black people? Do they become anime black people? Or do they disappear entirely?

MyTech Foundation

It's run by me, and I develop new ways of integrating 10 million dollars with my pocket.

Linux foundation

Nasa

If I can't spend it on myself, I'd probably try to get some biotech happening.

Def the SENS

vulkan or fluidics

They swap places with the anime characters, trapping them in the 2D realm

This

I2P

won't kill 10 mils so fast desu

ArchLabs, Krita, and probably also Blender

It's already a bunch of corps man.

Also I'd give all of the money to the EFF.

Jow Forums so we can have proper fucking moderation and get this post deleted.
Check this 8.

10 million won't do shit for a DoD project.

NERVEGEAR

Basically, i will make the Jow Forums Space Program meme a reality
I will send a Jow Forums satellite in orbit, let's say it will be called MemeStar, and it will beam memes and free Wi-Fi all around the globe
Next mission will be Pepe orbiting around the Earth and then landing in North Korea

Sometimes, when i'm pooping, i'm fantasizing about doing this and it really helps me do my job faster than when i'm just sitting and thinking about random stuff

A life-size sex slave robot

Dragonfly BSD.
Maybe they will finally have a working WLAN Driver for Intel 8260

Cern
has anyone a clue where i can find a ibm 5100?

Definetly Haiku.

EFF or FSF.

I give them to Tarn and Zach Adams, :^)

Attached: 1515733671213.png (208x232, 113K)

Euthanasia lobbying

>has anyone a clue
Yes.

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY KING TERRY

HE wrote a FUCKING compiler!
HE wrote a FUCKING operating system!
AND NOW HE WANTS TO FUCKING DESIGN, PRODUCE AND SHIP HIS OWN

!!! M O T H E R F U C K I N G X86 CPU & CHIPSET !!!

youtube.com/watch?v=nFFH7npobH0

What a fucking MADMAN!!!!!

YOU will be BLESSED with
>1: ridiculous golden silicon lottery
>2: code that runs perfect at first try! No matter how distracted you are from your girlfri...
>3:YES! You have read right! You will get a qt virgin girlfriend by tomorrow!

BUT only when you post:
KING TERRY PLEASE TAKE MY 10 MILLION

Attached: im1364974663.jpg (399x266, 103K)

would you be so kind and tell me where i can find a ibm 5100?
you won't regret it

Buy the top five Linux distributions and consolidate them. That way maybe we'll get 2 percent market share.

would fund trainer aircraft programs for the USAF, despite the fact that I never lived there I love the country way too much.