Should I learn
>Java so I can bot on my runescape account
or
>learn C/C++ because it's a cooler language
I can really only pick one

Attached: runescape.png (783x776, 789K)

id learn C and contribute to free software instead of gaymes

Don't listen to this idiot. Learn C#

I remember Bungie used to advertise job openings on their website and you had to know C++ to apply
so that'd be why I'd learn C/C++
or I could bot on runescape

>botting runescape

Java isn't that hard to learn if you know C.

Learn Java so you can get a real job that pays non-meme money

It's all the same shit pretty much.
First thing you need to learn is how to actually make programs that do what you want, so just learn freebasic first, then C, then C++ then java.
First one will teach how to actually program without hassle, second one will teach you to not use goto to solve everything, third will teach you OO and last will allow you to fuck with runescape.

Wait runescape still fucking exists? How?

Don't bother making a RuneScape bot. You will be caught. Go with c++

> This is the internet, ask your meaningless questions on Google or Reddit

>nostalgia
>sunk cost fallacy
>basement dwellers
That was easy.

As far as the basics go, all 3 are similar. However, there are many nuances that separate them once you get to the level of making a bot for a game. I'd recommend Java mainly because you already have an idea of what you want to do with it.

why can't use c for bots?

>freebasic
neat, any recommended resources or is their wiki + whatever pdfs I can find on google good enough?

I already know Javascript quite well

Runescape is written in Java
the botting client APIs are all Java based

Waste of time. Java is easy enough to start with and I never used goto in my life or saw it used in any Java learning material.
Just start with Java and if you later decide that you need C++ (which you probably won't) you can still learn it.

this

Is your goal to make money? I don't see the point in playing if you're just going to cheat by having it play itself.

make a programmable robot hand to bot
they can never catch you

You're just going to get caught botting on your main. In any case learn Java first. C autism is going to spook you away if you try to learn it first.

Java because having a reason will movigabe you more

Just go with java my dude. I've been tinkering with java for years, I started to mods games like you. Of course I never read any java guides until after fucking around with source code for awhile.
I learned in a strange way.

I don't want money I just want a high stat account
I like chilling on rs sometimes but I really don't want to waste my life grinding hours away clicking on the same three spots on the screen
the only way id play is if i was botting

I made a woodcutting bot with autohotkey. it clicks at random spots and time intervals, do you reckon jagex will detect it?
any tips bros? what's the most autistic way I can get around their detection system?

>I remember Bungie used to advertise job openings on their website and you had to know C++ to apply so that'd be why I'd learn C/C++

I know learning Java for Runescape botting is bad but come the fuck on user.

Attached: 1528082782374.jpg (500x300, 93K)

never mind
fucking hell

Attached: fuck.png (548x584, 336K)

the robot hand, man
I'm telling you

How long was your bot logged in? That's what really gets people caught. Also, there's a flag for messages sent per hour.

12 year old poster confirmed

CLient was detectable. You should only use the latest version of the free and open source botting tool called "PowerBot" the other bots, such as tribot are closed source. You can guess what OP used. OP, if you are still here, what bot did you use, and what script? They use herestics for 1000 of accounts clicking exactly the same way. So if you use a free public scrips your holding a sign saying please ban my account.

Use runemate, it hooks the official jagex client, run bots in 3 hour blocks, then change what they're doing; so go cook all the fish you just caught for example

bump

C++

fuk man, idk. It depends on what you want to do on the long run. I don't code in Java but it definitely has some good use todays, with Android and stuff.

If you are starting and want to learn the shit I'd recommend C. Or C++ but it's messy.
C/C++ is not a language btw, it's two languages.

Attached: nonothing.jpg (480x640, 51K)

You can make free software with other languages and prop soft. in C as well...

You'll never get a job with C/C++ so just learn Java or C# instead.

If you don't care about employment then learn a real language like Haskell.

Attached: boomer.jpg (380x349, 35K)

ahhh, summer