Which GFX Card is the best for gaming?

Right now I am running an "EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti".

What should I upgrade to?

I want something under $1,000.

Attached: ati-radeon-ddr.jpg (720x607, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/post-your-basemark-gpu-scores.245354/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Research it faggot

I'd wait at this moment because there are some rumors that the 1100 series will be coming out this fall.

If you want to upgrade /right now/ and don't care as long as it's $1000 or less, just go for that 1080Ti.

Should I assume the 1100s are going to be over 1K?

get a 980 or 980ti or Titan X Maxwell.

10series cards suck because they cant overclock as well as 9 series

a 980ti is already as powerful as a 1070ti and it overclocks better than a 1080.

only card better than a 980ti atm is a 1080ti.

but yer if I was you just get a 980 and wait for price of 980ti and Titan X Maxwell to drop.

also they can all run CRT monitors with are optimal while 10 series cant run them.

oh wait you already have a 1050ti .... get a 980ti or Titan X Maxwell which ever you can find the cheapest they perform the same..

TItan V

[citation needed]

1080ti Hybrid

No, faggot. Always buy AMD!

Attached: amd!.jpg (1616x2048, 277K)

They already are clocked so high that overclocking as well as a 900 series doesn't make sense
I've got a Titan X Maxwell on water and it is on par with a 1070, in no way it touches the 1080

Attached: hh5LaY5.jpg (1241x1755, 500K)

add volts to it you pussy you don't even know how to overclock gpu.

Vega 56 reflashed is best

Attached: mx68000xvi5b.jpg (800x600, 114K)

I've added volts to it you fucking moron, the reference TITAN X power stage is weak as fuck and can't deliver much more power than what it's designed for

Are you literally retarded? You have to be on water for the majority of 980ti's to even hope to hit clocks where it would out pace a gtx 1080. Contrary to popular Jow Forums memes, 1500mhz+ on maxwell is not a given, getting close to it is. But no, the 980 ti is only on par with a gtx 1070.

>only the 1080 ti is better
More like 1080, 1080 ti, titan x (pascal), titan Xp, titan v, Vega 56, Vega 64. The reason pascal is a bad overclocker is because the gpus automatically run themselves close to the limit of the silicon. But that's just it, you have to oc a 980ti to 1500mhz+ to compete with a stock 1080. So you can pay $300 for a gpu, dump $300 into water cooling, and then oc your already hot card to a 450w bastard. Or just go buy an aftermarket gtx 1080 for around the same price and spend 2 minutes doing some minor tweaks with a fraction of the power draw. Oh, let's not forget maxwell's performance on modern api's.

this is /pcbg/ tier retarded advice

nar your just justifying your 10series card a 980ti can overclock past a 1080 on air your making shit up

off yourself

Attached: Screenshot_2016-05-27-18-34-01.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

you probably don't like pushing your cards past 70deg you realise on air and with high volts you can easily push a 980ti past a 1080 with out going past 95deg and the cards are rated to 105 deg

running cards hot is totally safe and it will still last 5+ years. you guys are just old fags that don't realize thous temps are fine.

he doesn't push the voltage because hes a noob overclocker. who thinks 80deg for a gpu is too hot.

you guys realise the 1080ti was rushed to market because 980ti and Titan X maxwells where still beating 1080 in 3Dmark scores overclocked. fact you guys are trying to justify your 10series is just sad.

it's not about temps you melt. you can't keep increasing frequency forever even if you have low temps. the GPU will hit a hard limit after a certain frequency no matter how hard you try and push it. if the opposite was the case then everyone may as well buy old gpu like a 7970 and overclock it to the moon to achieve 1080 ti performance at a gazillion mhz

I would kill for a decent graphics card with S-Video and composite output.

>Which GFX Card is the best for gaming?
GTX 1050 Ti

Stability is directly correlated to thermals. You can push as hard as you'd like, but high Temps will increase leakage which impacts maximum clock for a given voltage. Additionally, while the Temps may be fine for the chips themselves, they're not necessarily going to be fine for everything else on the board. Hell, there's a severe issue on reference design Kepler and maxwell high end cards where they're blowing out memory inductors.

Additionally, there is silicon quality limitations. Maxwell does not have a guaranteed 1500mhz+, and a 980 ti needs to push at least 1530mhz to match a stock reference 1080 with a blower card. That's not even accounting for the fact the 10 series is more actively getting driver optimizations, as well as being capable of at least running async without falling flat on it's face, with the higher end cards getting minor scaling. All things being equal, pascal is not an improvement in peak performance. But they're not equal, and you're an idiot for suggesting otherwise.

>scared to push voltage.
Tell that to my 1700 which ran 1.425v for a year before I replaced it. I can get into the point of diminishing returns as well, if you'd like. Oh, and enjoy your broken solder balls from extreme thermal cycling.

One final thought. If you're such an ebin overclocker, and can easily get a 980ti to outpace a 1080 on air. Feel free to take your ass to the tech power up forums and out bench one here. techpowerup.com/forums/threads/post-your-basemark-gpu-scores.245354/ good luck.

Gt1030