Men+technology = bad

>Like almost everything else connected with digital technology, this is a highly gendered phenomenon. Most of the victims are women, while the abusers are predominately men. Guess why? Most networked devices are still bought and installed by males. They are the ones who know the passwords. Which means that most of their victims will be unable to change them. It’s yet another depressing illustration of how the power imbalances of the real world are faithfully reproduced in the virtual one.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/01/smart-home-devices-internet-of-things-domestic-abuse

Attached: 1507660524341.jpg (1280x853, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Um1F39lQg0U
imdb.com/title/tt0075931/
youtube.com/watch?v=BCqTKkBgf00
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7EsX-oJe6s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Dreams_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=rcLcxAwdjmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>your dream chad is a controlling ass
In other news the sky is blue

Savages and other retards live a brutal lives. They like the drama of it, I guess. Maybe they are just too stupid to overcome the instincts. C'est la vie.

They would be bored with a nice guy, they need the trouble in their lives to feel like they're empowered victims.

Either due to poor judgment or an impoverished environment, it seems you have never found anyone to describe the nature of things to you.
youtube.com/watch?v=Um1F39lQg0U

checkem

Attached: dubs.jpg (640x480, 29K)

Oh no!

Attached: 911dubs.jpg (640x640, 64K)

Why don't they just set this shit up themselves then.

Attached: ICyYWkd[1].jpg (900x900, 60K)

You are not paying attention.

>spying on users is really bad!
>but it is not Amazon or Google or MS or a three-letter-alphabet organization that is at fault... it is men
Alright.

Nobody is paying attention; that's how we got into this mess.

are these the dubs you're looking for?

>If you go on holiday and forget to turn the central heating off,then hooking up to your Nest device via a smartphone will do the trick.
Don't do this unless you really know why you're doing (someone with a smart home wouldn't).

You'll end up with frozen water pipes and then burst pipes. Extremely expensive. Know a landlord lady who was very cheap and thought she was being smart by flicking the main power breaker at one point just to ensure whatever standby devices were on was off.

Yes they were actually. But you may check these

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 51K)

>tl;dr
>smarthome devices offer convenience
>they're a security risk (she's claiming they're always insecure, which is bold and I doubt she could back that but it's probably not inaccurate)
>threats don't only come from foreign entities but also people who have been visiting or old roommates
>domestic abuse victims are especially at risk (because they've got an active close attacker)
>there's been actual reports of domestic abuse via smart homes such as unwanted changes in heating and being locked out daily due to password change (seemingly no source given)
>most smart homes are controlled by men via knowledge or simply by virtue of having installed it
>on top of that most people who are at risk of domestic abuse are women to begin with
>ends with three unrelated links aimed at to privacy minded individuals

This isn't a bad article really. It's a little lacking on the news side but overall I see it has an audience. The headline is of course the most bold thing about it.

>she's claiming
He's claiming.
I don't know why but I assumed op posted the authors face.

imdb.com/title/tt0075931/

youtube.com/watch?v=BCqTKkBgf00

Attached: demon-seed.png (1024x581, 670K)

>filename
You must be a little bit older than me
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7EsX-oJe6s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Dreams_(film)

youtube.com/watch?v=rcLcxAwdjmo

Attached: electric_dreams_84.jpg (333x450, 54K)

The point - Home automation going awry and causing drama is not a new theme.

>Most of the victims are women
Victims... of what?

Smart homes.
They're mostly discovered installed in homes with women and nobody knows why it happens or how it got there.

>honey can I have the password to the router
>sure here you go don't fuck anything up
look how fucking hard that was

>I can't figure out muh router's password, therefore it's men fault!
Reminds me of pic related

Attached: 1494414125624.jpg (450x200, 27K)

>sure here you go don't fuck anything up
Is baaad. Why would you live with someone you despise so bad you think that'd somehow stop them from fucking up? Do you even care that much? You do backup the settings right? If you don't think that's going to help the situation any why are you being demeaning?
They're addressing the domestic abuse situation not healthy relationships.

>having to add fail-safes to your router settings so your wife doesn't fuck anything up
>treating your wife like a toddler learning how to walk
based

No you back it up because home routers are unreliable pieces of shit.
For anything else like dd-wrt you'd probably like to have saved a configuration because it's relatively onerous to set up again.

What? Routers are as dumb as they go, there is nothing to break there. Don't fuck with it and it will work just fine.

Domestic abuse? Like restricting access to wifi for your waifu? :^)
>hurr durr, muh husbando doesn't give wifi password
Grow a backbone for fucks sake, what a pussies :^)

Anyways... I didn't read article, so hopefully I'm wrong about what's written there

Yes you are.
See

*oppresses women*

Attached: Mettaur.png (160x160, 21K)

Smartphone security issues has nothing to do with women.
>Smart homes being abused to abuse women
Hmmmm... I don't know what to think about this.
First of all I feel like it's their own fault for living with someone like abusive husband.

This thread and article is fucking stupid...

>women are victims to man
>why?
>because men install and do things
>this why women get abused

Make it stop

The issue of domestic abuse isn't that simple. To sympathize better make up a realistic plan for if you had to leave your current living establishment and didn't have contacts that could offer you a place to stay. That's usually the place where women's shelters fit in.
It's also tempting to try and salvage a relationship of course.

Call the cops. Doing nothing is plain stupid.

Since most routers are at defaults
>look at back of modem
>use password printed there
On the off chance it isn't there
>google for default password of router
If that doesn't work
>press factory reset button for 10 seconds, return to step 1
Yet another depressing illustration of how lazy and stupid women are, and how when men don't hold their hand at every step of their childish existences, we're "oppressing" them.

Men.

Again user please read up on this if you care. Domestic abuse isn't clear cut and you need evidence for the police to act.
>doing nothing is plain stupid
I've met a woman who I suspect was in an abusive relationship. She told me that her husband told her she's ugly all the time and she wondered why he was so angry all the time. It's obvious to me she emotionally took on the guilt and was trying to fix it herself.
It's not 'doing nothing' from her perspective. She might have been ineffective or she might have been effective, I don't know. But I don't think she'd keep trying if she didn't think it'd help. It's also a problem for women that they don't see themselves getting in a new relationship past 40.
I'm not the expert but I strongly suspect it's something that grows slowly. So you might not actually realize it straight away.

Divorce?
You mentioned shelters for women. So they can do something.
>being afraid to be alone past 40's
sucks to be socially dependant.

Yeah they can do something of course. But again. It's devious, how would you feel about uprooting your life? You'd almost certainly try to fix the situation at first. And even if you do get out it's not like it's not a problem anymore. If only because you've lost so much already.

EXCUSE ME?! DID YOU JUST MAN-SPLAIN HOW MY FEELINGS OF OPPRESSION ARE BASED OUT OF IGNORANCE OF TECHNOLOGY, AND THE WORLD AROUND ME?

WOW. Guess what? You're fucking doxxed. I'm calling your employer right now to let them know that they are employing LITERALLY HITLER. Better fire up those resumes, cis-scum. You're fucking dead.

Thanks for the kek.

>I'm calling your employer
This is what makes it for me - having to call a man to do anything for her.

There's no excuse.
If there's a problem, fix it, don't be a cuck.

It could be and adult child who locks them up and steals their pension. Elderly abuse goes unnoticed mainly because the victim doesn't know they are being abused.

According to Pew Research, men get more abuse online than women, and women are more likely to abuse women.

So what is this journalist smoking, and where can I get some?

Cuz computers is sexist n sheeit

>Most networked devices are still bought and installed by males. They are the ones who know the passwords.

admin
admin

i like a woman who can install gentoo

where are all the women who can install gentoo?

they are men pretending to be women if youre into that (basicly gay)

>honey this isnt the wifi password