/dumbphone/

So I recently had a need for a second phone, nothing fancy, just calls and messages, and I got this beauty for like $20. I have to say, it's amazingly ergonomic, and the battery lasts for weeks.

Which makes me think, what is the comfiest dumbphone that supports WhatsApp, 4G, and maybe has dual SIM slots?

Also, /dumbphone/ general.

Attached: nokia105-2017.jpg (1010x756, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Unihertz-Smallest-Smartphone-Android-Unlocked/dp/B0752CMXJM/
akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/wakiba/find/1102893.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6RRaxPuD-88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dumbphone that supports WhatsApp

Don't think that exists (anymore).

amazon.com/Unihertz-Smallest-Smartphone-Android-Unlocked/dp/B0752CMXJM/

That's closest thing I found that has WhatsApp. Another option might be some kind of smart watch with cellular data

That phone is a piece of trash. I got one for my mother after the Nokia 1100 I gave her a decade ago finally started having issues.
The buttons and shape are pretty nice, and it looks great in that blue, but the build quality on these is nowhere near what it was. After a few months the top vent on top of the screen got clogged up so when the phone rang it was really low volume because of it. I took it apart and I couldn't believe that's the only vent the sound can travel from and it doesn't even use all of it just half, the other half is covered with plastic. The software is pretty lackluster too even compared to a decade ago.

Also looking for something with whatsapp. The new nokia 8810 looks promising (Has 4g and some smart apps already) but I wouldn't trust nokia to bring whatsapp in the near future

Attached: Nokia-8810-1519588960-0-0.jpg (1800x1200, 93K)

There are no dumbphones with WhatsApp anymore, they dropped support for pretty much every OS that isn't Android iOS or WP

You want a dumbphone that runs a not-dumbphone OS?

I want the best dumbphone.

That's the sweetspot actually. I can't really manage my addiction to smartphones so a phone that has a shit screen and physical buttons would solve that. The only problem is that I need whatsapp, so a smart OS is required

Is there any dumbphone that allows listening to music from Spotify? I was pretty hyped for 8110, but it ptobably won't have this option

Not that I know of. It's really sad that OEMs don't realize that there is a market for these kind of phones. We just need to meme some hipsters into this and the market will probably adjust. For now it seems like a niche thing

I am also thinking about buying the Nokia 105 for a while now, I think it would make life more relaxing without all the notifications of a smartphone. Although i had to buy an extra mp3player (or wavplayer because muh lossless audio) because i'm kind of a music addict and the nokia doesn't play music, you can't even put a sd card into it

OP here. That's a phone to be used strictly for calls and messages. Hence why I bought it, I needed to have my SIM somewhere while in roaming - and it does the job.

However, buying this made me wonder, why can't I have a dumbphone that is also able to support 4G and maybe have a very nice, slimmed down interface which is also able to support whatsapp or spotify or selected apps.

there is no market for it, just buy a 2nd smartphone like everyone else and stop being hipster trash.

I will buy nokia 8810 and I don't care. I believe this is going to be a jackpot phone for simple people and simple use. Only if alot of people buy this phone we will have a great modding community. If only "new" 3310 had the same OS as this, we could be sure that things are going to be good. Sadly we will need to risk again but I strongly believe nokia is going to create something good because to be honest they are not in position to fail again.

Like this?

akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/wakiba/find/1102893.html

This thing running KaiOS, a proprietary fork of Firefox OS.
KaiOS recently became a big thing in India. So big, in fact, that Google is porting their apps (Maps and Gmail) to it. With a little luck, Facebook will port WhatsApp and Messenger too.

I believe they talked about whatsapp being ported on 8810 from the launch date and support for some old .apk

Oh man I'd love a japanese flip phone

youtube.com/watch?v=6RRaxPuD-88

Attached: Nokia-2300-tumozellik-1200x1200-product_popup.jpg (1200x1200, 161K)

>whatsapp being ported
source? I've read that it's likely going to be ported but I haven't heard any ufficial statements from nokia

>dual SIM
pajeet

Sorry friend I don't have official sources I just want to believe.

GoogleMaps, any dumb phone with that?

8810 is going to get it for sure

You and me both brother

Attached: sad-i-know-that-feel-clean.png (300x276, 25K)

iPhone

Maybe some flip phone?

There's jap Kyocera Gratina for some $100 on ebay. IP68 & android.

It's flip so just wasting your time on phone will be very uncomfortable yet you still have whatsapp, maps, spotify and whatever else you really need.

Attached: 84702248.jpg (2048x1536, 308K)

Nah forget about it, does not have touch screen, bottom part of phone (keypad) acts as touchpad which would be cool as fuck if it only worked in every app and it doesn't.

Touch screens are the worst, garbage controls and power drainy.

... Why? Is the screen even big enough to be useful for manlets?