Hey Jow Forums

hey Jow Forums
I've been homeless for a while but I'm lucky enough to have managed to get an apt for myself. I don't have a laptop or desktop computer - just an android phone. is there a way to connect a small screen and keyboard to it? I need to write job applications and manage life logistics, and it's hard from a tiny screen and keyboard. should I consider a Raspberry Pi or something? I need to use a basic browser and libreoffice, pretty much.

(preferably something that can connect through wifi, since I use tethering on my phone. no internet in my apt)

thanks in advance

Attached: 71TG11DQLdL._SX466_.jpg (466x300, 28K)

>I'm lucky enough to have managed to get an apt for myself
how so? apt is shit
pacman master race

Pi could work, or one of those second hand office computers that cost $20.

Used chinkpad or netbook.

Maybe you would be better of going to a library? Otherwise, OTG cables will allow you to connect a USB device to your phone. Bluetooth would let you connect more devices, of course. As for the screen, something like a Chromecast might work, but I don't know much about those.

raspberry pi is capable of everything you mentioned, you'd just need peripherals

you must've missed the part where OP doesn't lead a sheltered existence in mommy's basement, so arch autism is out of the question

How much money are you willing to spurge? Since monitor and peripherals cost money as well.

Because if you're willing to spend $50 you probably could get used ThinkPad from Craigslist

> is there a way to connect a small screen and keyboard to it?
Keyboard can be connected directly over USB or BT.

Screen is more than tricky - you essentially cannot. You can forward what you're seeing on your smartphone to another tablet or computer, with some effort, but it's not worth doing.

Then again, of course you can write job applications on a 5" screen. That much isn't an issue.

PS: You can get used laptops / desktops for $100.

You can even get new Chinese licensed Windows 10 HTPC for $100 [but then you need a display]... or tablets for $100.

You can connect a keyboard to most (good) android phones with a usb-otg adapter. For a zero-dollars budget I suggest a flash drive and the public library.

Do you not have a library close by?

pic related exists but check about phone models. Add bluetooth keyboard and mouse and monitor and would be pretty good. However OTG adapter, usb keyboard and original screen is cheap safer option.

Attached: MHL Android.jpg (650x650, 28K)

$30 shitphone from walmart is going to work the best and be the cheapest.

try install GuixSD its new current state of /g

Attached: 1515021530355.gif (250x250, 993K)

apt. I think he means apartment.

Underrated.

Attached: ser-barristan-selmy-kingsguard-armor-for-king-robert-baratheon-kingslanding.jpg (899x790, 143K)

get a used thinkpad

Go to a thrift store OP. At my thrift store at least I've seen some newish vista PCs that would be given new life if someone installed ubuntu on them.

by the time you buy the pi, an sd card, a case, a power adapter, a monitor, keyboard and mouse, it would probably work out cheaper to grab a thinkpad x60 from ebay.

This you can get a t400 off ebay for >$50 US and you won't need a to find a keyboard and mouse.

Attached: 1513454842831.png (545x615, 249K)

if its urgent then maybe just pay for a keyboard and otg adapter and type with that on the phone screen.

there are mobile office apps

as people have said, an used laptop will end up being cheaper than buying a monitor and wireless mouse + keyboard

if you have some patience and know what you are doing, you can find a lot of stuff for cheap