Before you even begin the interview process, you have to do a standardized test

>before you even begin the interview process, you have to do a standardized test
>the test is outsourced to pic related
>the questions are practically random theory and do not have to do with the job description
>rejected but not told why because lawyers
Why is this shit even tolerated? If a seemingly random test like this was pulled in another industry (finance. law, etc), it would not be tolerated by the labor force.

Attached: rank.png (800x645, 21K)

>Why is this shit even tolerated?
Because there are 30 pajeets waiting for the same position as you and they won't complain. You lose 1 to 30.
Told your people a million times to not pursue these meme """""""""""""tech jobs""""""""""""""""""""""""" and learn a trade but you just won't listen.

Why do """programmers""" keep complaining about getting introduction course level exercises on interviews?

>t.

Attached: 1529216238574.jpg (675x601, 15K)

Online tests are pointless. You can cheat 100% on every question.

Attached: Escape-From-New-York-Kurt-Russell.jpg (818x523, 69K)

Isn't that the point? I thought they know you do it so I just do it every time.

Even if you nail it you still won't get hired, so I would say not to bother.

>Isn't that the point?

No, you give them too much credit. They really believe it works filtering out the baddies.

I've literally never done one of these without cheating I thought it was meant to test your ability to learn on the fly?? Gonna keep cheating anyway because there is no fucking way the pajeets know more than me.

So people can cheat on it and get offers, but people who don't cheat on it and still pass it get rejected? interesting

>I thought it was meant to test your ability to learn on the fly?

No you fool. They are doing this because they don't know better. They get so many bad applicants because they don't know how to conduct good verbal interviews. Interviewing is a skill - for both the applicant as well as the recruiter. For most companies it goes like this:

>hey Bob we got give new apps scheduled for next Tuesday
>oh great boss (glad he finally decided to hire more people to help me out)
>yeah and I want you sitting in and ask them tech stuff to see if they're any good because I don't literally give a fuck
>oh great boss (sarcasm)

Just because you're a competent programmer doesn't mean you're a competent recruiter. And every hour the tech guy has to waste on interviews, less work gets done. Instead of improving the tech guy's recruiting skill, they just google "how does I conduct dev interviews" and sites like HackerRank pay google to show up on page 1.

You're clearly overthinking things.

Attached: 1527706101499.jpg (940x819, 109K)

You overestimate the intelligence of manglement.

Sounds like you were applying for a shit-tier job.
You honestly dodged a bullet.
>apply for a job doing devops
>go to interview
>"all your Linux experience and Gentoo installation skills are nice user, but, if you direct your attention to the whiteboard here, you'll see a dynamic programming problem. You have to solve it in o(log n) complexity or better."
>uw0t
>completely cock it up
>get the job anyway
Whiteboard questions and algo questions are literally just circle jerking, nothing else.

>Gentoo installation skills

Oh no you didn't.

Attached: 1525154774374.png (500x387, 114K)

>"Experienced in C, C++, JavaScript, Python and Haskell programming"
>"Installed Gentoo on more than 100 machines"

Darwinism. The talented will survive and get $400k starting jobs. Woe to the brainlets.

The world runs on dynamic programming .

Tbh I've heard of companies that dropped it because it was filtering out the good people

that's like saying you've raped 100 people

This.

A few years ago I pitched Hacker Rank to my CTO as a way of filtering people before phone screens. The CTO opted for a shittier competitor of Hacker Rank and we went with that.

Total failure.

Phone screens increased instead of decreasing. The candidates got worse and worse.

We scrapped the bullshit online test and tried a few other things to help reduce the number of shitty candidates that made their way to phone screens.

Point is, you can't apply a template to a developer. Online pre-interview tests are a huge red flag to me when shopping my resume.

That shit is perfect because it keeps inept people like OP from getting jobs with their lack of knowledge

aren't those phone calls done to filter out autists?

Not him but they're really good for getting a guage of the skill of the developer based on how well he speaks about his previous experience and what he has accomplished

>oral resume
thanks for confirming my suspicions