youtu.be/NkB2X3lbnGc
youtube.com/watch?v=Nm5r0OG0fvo
youtube.com/watch?v=4ofH34HezHE&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=wRStkf-Ksc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What channel?
I love shit like this

Discovery

Yeah I'm watching this year but honestly the bots are so refined at this point that it's losing some of the fun.

Watched some early robot wars a few days ago, those bots were so shitty and fun, you could smash them up and they would break into parts.
These days everyone is built with unibody metal frames so nothing interesting happens

No, it's almost always some form of wedge or flipper that wins.

Back in the late 90s/early 2000s it was a ton more fun.
Flippers came to dominate pretty quickly when they were introduced. I don't really know why you can't just have wheels that are bigger than the body so that you can keep going upside down, but I haven't watched for a long time either.

I like the direction of Discovery much better than ABC in terms of production. No more cringefest guuuurl engineer nonsense. The camera shots are so much better without a replay every 5 seconds. Even the average fights have been better with very few snorefests. Overall, I'm glad this series got a new season.

I like how bots have to fight several matches before getting eliminated

Horizontal spinners also do very well.

Big wheels make easy targets for them.

Chomp is too smart for it's own good :(

>beyblades on wheels

Spinners ruined battlebots

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>lets watch some spinning disc destroy everything until it meets another spinning disc in which case they destroy eachother simultaneously

Until they change the rules to ban boring designs it will never come back. It peaked in early 2000's and then horizontal spinning discs ruined everything.

how do we stop him, Jow Forums?

Attached: Tombstone_2_official.jpg (1010x443, 71K)

Obviously 'the chad aim my spinner at the chain' bot. Make a bot with another spinner that is measured to directly aim right at the chain.

puncture tires to reduce its mobility. Then attack it from the back, and shove or lift it into stage hazards.

Leave Tombstone to me.

Attached: Duck-Bot-S2018-1140x760.jpg (1140x760, 64K)

you need a thick plate of armor, like the one on Original Sin
youtube.com/watch?v=wuFxae5sdVo

Make a durable bot? Against bots with actual armor it shits itself. It almost lost to fucking Beta, a hammer bot.
Also fight near the walls/corners because it sends itself flying after every hit and it'd pinball against them.

burgerbots is so gay

robot wars is for true gentlemen pic related

Attached: Chaos-2.jpg (700x438, 102K)

battlebots > that chinese battlebots clone > robogames > robot wars

I can imagine a little bird landing on top of it's base lol

It's be instant KO. The bot wouldn't be able to do anything and would need to walk its self off the blast zone

say that to my face and not in real life faggot behind your little keyboard taste my cheesy titanium flipper bitch fuck

Attached: Wheely_Big_Cheese_5.png (1176x712, 647K)

Every bot on that show seems like slapped ass garbage. Yeah it's more fun in a silly way but Battlebots is where the real fighting is.

I miss Razor :'(

That thing was savage while it lasted.

Shitty design chad coming through

Attached: completcontrl_team-1140x760[1].jpg (1140x760, 129K)

Don't you insult my favorite bot like that.

does the plunger inject sóy

It might as well.

>flops around on the ground like a fish
>doesnt connect with a single hit
>gets thrown from the ring

Attached: 1517985460804.png (640x604, 237K)

if razor was your bag check out spectre from the chinese battlebots show youtu.be/wxOchhOW--A?t=1054

so if androids become real would this be like animal fighting to them?

Attached: 1530076532996.jpg (768x1024, 76K)

Based

yes, only true men of class understand the brilliance of robots such as psychosprout

Attached: Psychosprout_2.jpg (300x264, 41K)

Who would win
$1000 drone
vs.
$5 rake

Attached: Who would win.png (599x543, 641K)

>most effective designs are the least interesting

Attached: 1502370214068.png (638x480, 349K)

More interesting = more complicated = more shit that could potentially break.

Attached: cantbehelped.jpg (709x480, 63K)

Who Bronco here?

There's a flamethrower.
>youtu.be/NkB2X3lbnGc

Allah willing spinners will be eradicated by based hammers

Holy shit, thanks user. I finally managed to laugh out that log of a shit that has been wedged up right behind my anal sphincter for the last 30 minutes.

Then to answer OPs question, no I would not watch something uninteresting.

ZOEYSTEVENSZOEYSTEVENSZOEYSTEVENSZOEYSTEVENS DID WE MENTION ZOEYSTEVENSZOEYSTEVENS AND CHOMP

WOAH CHOMP IS ON ITS SIDE AGAIN ZOEYSTEVENS AND CHOMP IS A FORCE TO BE RECONNED WITH
WOAH JUDGES SPLIT DECISION THE SECOND ONE VOTED FOR ZOEYSTEVENS AND CHOMP

Then he fields his bot upside down and you miss it entirely.

could be worse
>here's a twenty minute package about a shitty bot made out of a gutted sandbox oh hey they magaged to put a vertical spinner INSIDE THE SANDBOX

Its safety plug can only be reached from the top, so that's a no go.

good shit

Bruh I swear I saw this exact design years ago on dragonfly tv

anyone remember this pc game? Had tons of fun with it

Attached: robotwars.jpg (342x256, 21K)

Last time I saw battlebots, I had to quit with it fast: half of the teams not knowing how to operate their bots and too much drama during the show really ruined it for me. Also, battlebots regulations are crappy, as their robot designs.

Robot wars got a reboot series on BBC, IIRC, but the new overweight houserobots were kind of ugly and there's a lot of big names missing from the scene (some team members died, others are just too old or gave up). Had to quit watching it cause I had to use VPN to watch it and it was a bit of heavy content for it.

This season with Discovery generally drops the drama, but the build time was shorter, so instead you have robots breaking down really early in the fight.

This show honestly made me create a Reddit account recently. It almost never gets talked about on Jow Forums despite having 4 or 5 boards that it could be discussed on.

It's a pretty niche interest.

why does it keep dying

Attached: robot wars 3.jpg (600x875, 66K)

razer was both interesting and effective

All comes down to low budgeting.

>shit contestants

There's no cash offered, either for competing or winning, and you can't display sponsorships. So a lot of good competitors didn't enter, because why throw away £££s of robot for free? Ended up with a bunch of spergs and their shitbots (ahem Miss Nightingale), and spergs don't exactly make for good television. Battlebots goes the other way and amps up the reality TV angle, it's kinda forced but it's better than watching some autistic manchild go on telly with his mum and dad to talk about how much he loves robots.

>shit fights

Maintaining a film studio with a live audience isn't cheap. Unlike, say, gameshows, which are filmed pretty much continuously, robot wars gives a few minutes of entertainment followed by hours of rebuilding where nothing much happens. They tried to keep costs down by only giving one hour of rebuild time, but this ruined the fights - you couldn't just tear the loser apart like in the old series, and half the battles were snorefests because one or both bots malfunctioned after not being repaired properly.

(Not to mention stuff like the Fog of War being shit, but presumably they didn't have the budget for reshoots so they just had to pretend it was exciting.)

Conclusion: throw money at it or scrap it, and the Beeb decided to scrap it.

Shit hasn't changed since the 90s it's boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nm5r0OG0fvo
>We'll never get to see this murderbot in action

>Not using big diamond shields as wheels
Why?

King of bots and this is fighting robots are pretty good. The builders get larger stipends for their bots too. The chink bots are shit but slowly improving. Can't wait for king of bots s2 this year end.

Hellachopper is cool. Fuck the tip speed rule.

post great fights

youtube.com/watch?v=4ofH34HezHE&t=2s

Diamonds cost many shekels

why doesn't Jow Forums join a battle-bot game?
Lets submit the Tyresse-2000, niggers are the most ruthless imo.

I'll make the logo. We should call it
>Yotsubotto
But for real. The cheapest robot in Battlebots right now is probably one of those junkers like Bale Spear. Overhaul, which would be competitive if the guy could get the traction and driving down, is pretty cheap too at $5,000.

Can we scale and mount something similiar on a truck? Please?

Where are you finding the costs of bots? I've been super curious about this forever. I always though you could slap one of these together for a few grand, but now I'm more thinking you can sink 10s of thousands into these engineering marvels.

you can sink tons of money into it, but you can probably make something great for pretty cheap as well. For example, Chaos 2 was made for about $500 while Biohazard cost about 100k. If we want to build a robot though, we'd need to consider what kind we want to do, figure out a budget, and create a schedule of sorts

>he actually thinks he can get Jow Forums to do something together
remember when we tried making a web browser
notice how there hasn't been any word on it in the past year

Attached: MAX AHI.jpg (1087x1080, 112K)

oh come now user, at the very least we could lay the ground work so that anyone could pick up where we left off. Besides, it's about having something to do that's fun

come back in 2 days and type out that exact same thing

I SEE POTENTIAL

Attached: TOASTER.jpg (732x563, 33K)

>Read that as ChaDZ
*blocks your path*

Attached: present-27723825.jpg (1300x1326, 82K)

>getting flipped like a little bitch
embarrassing

>Chads2

needs more stickers

Jamison Go, former team member now head of SawBlaze mentioned it on >Leddit. The builders are actually very active there and can sometimes pop in Eve if you mention them in an a thread that otherwise has nothing to do with them, so they're actively lurking.

Attached: YOTSUBOTTO.png (848x702, 210K)

Mechanum wheels for omnidirectional movement.

I thought they cancelled it? wtf

Attached: YOTSUBOTTO 2.png (558x538, 161K)

(nice get)
needs moar processors

what did you have in mind user

holy fuck that quadricopter is useless

something with rbg lighting, anime, and amd

Flamethrower needs to say Intel inside, tho

Attached: include me on the bot.png (181x220, 27K)

100% this

Wtf that was genuinely entertaining

proof that
defense > offense

is that much heat legal?

progress so far

Attached: YOTSUBOTTO 3.png (546x493, 122K)

needs a bad dragon on the front

looking sexy
Does it run on C?

you all are fucked

Attached: Minotaur.png (739x557, 458K)

The vents in the Battlebox really mass with the flying, but yeah drones are only useful in getting you approved cause it's hip.

5000 rake bot army vs 1 drone, who will win??!?!

>bota de macao
Shoo shoo. Go be constipated, late hit, and get high centered elsewhere.

>drum(b) spinners
gotta love the subhuman monkey's face after he got blown the fuck out by this piece of shit and then lost to tombstone the next year

Attached: Bombshell_BB2016.jpg (827x726, 98K)

UMA DELICIA

youtube.com/watch?v=wRStkf-Ksc4

I wish someone made a robot that was the mix of a pogostick and a spear. The thing would jump very high and bring pain from above.

yes

Attached: rip.png (946x728, 238K)